He Has Nothing but Kung Fu (1977)

rederror

kungfusamurai

Perhaps the date on the magazine was a faded '8', because that can look like a '3' when looked at incorrectly. That would account for the belief that it was talked about in '73 when it really was in a magazine from '78. Beyond that, it's quite clear from the film itself, just looking at the age of the actors, that it is definitely, 100%, NOT from any year before '75.

KFS

• Like 1

^that looks best explanation so far.I dun think those 2 guys would intentionally say wrong things about da movie.But every source tells movie is from 1977,hard not to believe them.

Cognoscente
On 12/26/2007 at 11:45 AM, Yakuza954 said:

That's the thing though, from watching the movie it doesn't look like it was started up and then finished several years later. All the actors look the same throughout (Gordon Liu, Wong Yue, etc) and there aren't any other inconsistencies in things like the action, storyline, sets, etc that you'd expect from something filmed over such a large period of time.

I'm reminded of The Victim: if you compare Sammo's first two scenes (the letter on the hill and the town square), it looks like a significant amount of time had gone by. In the first scene, he looks slightly fatter and his hair is longer. More than that, the movie had to have been filmed over a long period of time because it's only halfway through the movie that Leung is shown to be a master of the Iron Cross style. It seems like The Victim began filming way before people got carried with the made-up styles post-SITES.

• Like 2

dionbrother

I rewatched HE HAS NOTHING BUT KUNG FU a few years ago, and Mang Hoi's scenes look inserted for the 1977 release.  Pretty sure it was similar to THE VICTIM and FIST OF FURY 3, among many others in that it was worked on for several years.  It's just how cheap indy films were made.

• Like 3

dionbrother
On 6/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, monk said:

question what issue was it i will check mine. i will also ask 2 "reliable" sources in HK

Gonna be somewhere in the 1973 run of Milky Way.

• Like 2