Kung Fu Massacre aka The Big showdown

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

Has anyone else seen this? It stars Charles Heung and has some damn good basher action. Lots of good fights. The story is also pretty good. I think the costar is named Yam Ho. He is awesome.

I got this movie in the Videoasia Woo Ping 6-pack. http://www.amazon.com/Martial-Arts-Essentials-Films-Yuen/dp/B000VSDN32/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1197427569&sr=8-1

ironfistedmonk

Yeah this is a good basher, I don't usually like Charles Heung that much but he was good in this. His co-star was a great kicker, If thats the guy you are on about I'm not sure of his name, you sure its Yam Ho?

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah charles Heung looks great in this movie. The costar I am talking about is that kicker. I don't for sure know if his name is Yam Ho, but I just went by the info that I could find. http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/gallery.asp?fid=&pid=2411&type=0&id=39951#pic

And who is the villain? I know I have seen that guy before.

I used to have another movie entitled KUNG FU MASSACRE (at least I think that was the name of it). A fake name obviously and had that same music in the background as THE RENEGADE MONK and other titles that I'd seen from Video Gems back in the 80s. It had Beardy in it and he used a spear. I think it was one of the Trans World Entertainment releases. Like a fool, I got rid of it long ago along with about 70 other VHS tapes.

Now that you mention it, I think he was in it also. I only saw it once and that was back in the late 80s-early 90s. A friend told me the original name before but I cannot remember at this time.

Morgoth Bauglir

You aren't missing out on much with that Leung kar Yan movie. It is really bad, but it is one of those movies where it is so bad it is actually good at times.

That's probably why I don't remember a lot about it. Some of the ones I used to have were the three Pearl Cheung "Ninja" movies, big box releases of MAFIA VS NINJA, SHAOLIN TEMPLE AGAINST LAMA, SHAOLIN VS LAMA, RENEGADE MONK, THE CAVALIER, UNBEATEN 28 and a bunch of Master Arts tapes.

Morgoth Bauglir

here is the movie you are thinking of- http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/movie.asp?id=2152 Now back on topic!

My response to ironfistedmonk-

Yeah charles Heung looks great in this movie. The costar I am talking about is that kicker. I don't for sure know if his name is Yam Ho, but I just went by the info that I could find. http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/gallery.asp?fid=&pid=2411&type=0&id=39951#pic

And who is the villain? I know I have seen that guy before.

Morgoth Bauglir

Hey ironfistedmonk, I watched the opening credits again and it seems his name is Jin Fu Wan. Did you see that jump kick he does over 8 people in the opening credits? I wonder what other movies he has been in.

ironfistedmonk

I think you are right with the name Morgoth, I remember someone on another forum telling me he was Gam Fook Man (Cantonese name maybe?), he really stands out with his kicking. The only other film I have seen him credited with is Challenge of the Dragon with Chan Wai Man but I haven't seen that one.

The villain is Leung Siu Wa who was in 10 Magnificent Killers, Kung Fu Kid, Four Shaolin Challengers

Cognoscente

Wong Jing's dad directed this movie. The indoor basketball court that we see in the opening sequence is the same one that Jing had played in during his high school years.

• Like 2