Fatal move starring Wu Jing and Sammo Hung

Guest Beat TG

TheGrimReaper

I'm glad that this rumor regading Sammo was fake and not true - the martial arts movies world would have suffer a lot if this was proven correct... may he continue to act and direct for as long as possible :) Long live Sammo Hung !!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to this, i'm a big fan of Wu Jing it's great to see him finally becoming the star he should be, i actually prefer him as a bad guy.

Oh this is going to be an incredible film. I can't wait for it. Looking forward to seeing the king Sammo, Wu Jing and Mr Yam featured together again.

This looks very promising. Being a huge fan of Sammo Hung and Wu Jing, I can't wait!!

Wu Jing is one of the best martial artist in HK movies today.

anybody heard anything more specific regarding the release date? originally, I think I heard Spring '08 which could mean anytime in HK, but on this poster behind Simon Yam http://www.wu-jing.org/Vista/Gallery/Fatal-Move/Dou_Shuai_13f_xh

, there is a 2 at the bottom but he's blocking the rest. usually, they'll put the release dates on the bottom of these posters, maybe this means in Februaury?! I doubt it, but that would be great!

yah, but at least Wu Jing is making a lot of movies, let's see since Tony Jaa came out with Tom-Yum-Goong, Wu Jing has come out w/ SPL, Fatal Contact, Twins Mission, and Invisible Target. and now according to imdb, Fatal Move is scheduled to be released in March in HK (we'll see whether or not this is true!), which would undoubtedly be before Ong-Bak 2 will come out. if it's true, than that's great news, because I was afraid it wouldn't come out until the summer for some reason.

The Amazing Psycho Per

According to the official site it opens Feb. 28... So maybe we can expect a DVD a the end of april or may?

ok, that's good news then. If it's Feb. 28th, then I'd expect the dvd roughly 6-8 weeks afterwards, so probably mid-to-late April depending on which company releases it!

I think the drama will be better in Fatal Move, because you have a better group of actors, many of whom are older and more experienced (Sammo Hung, Simon Yam, Danny Lee, Maggie Shiu, etc.) compared to some of the not so great younger actors in Fatal Contact (Miki Yeung, Theresa Fu, Kris Gu). And I love how this film reminds me quite a bit of SPL, complete w/ the CAT III rating!

-here's a bit more info on it, including confirmation that Ken Lo should have a fight scene! source; Wu-jing.org.

"In a bid to bringing freshness to the audience and to re-invigorate the market, director Dennis Law makes the HK$20m Fatal Move an action-packed film that is full of extreme violence and gore, to the extent that it receives a Category 3 rating in Hong Kong. And by the same token, it won't be released in Mainland theatres as Dennis Law refuses to compromise by editing a tamer version that conforms to their strict censorship.

Dennis Law instead sets his sights on the Western market, with an assembly of cast familiar to them - Sammo Hung, Ken Lo, Simon Yam, Danny Lee, where Chinese martial arts film DVDs are selling very well. He believes that the martial arts scenes are the strongest asset of Fatal Move, in particular, the major weapon fight scene between Sammo Hung and Wu Jing.

Cast members on their roles:

Jackie Heung: As I'm playing a fighter, I have plenty of action scenes. In one scene, I have to jump off from the height of three storey, land, and fight a few people. I'm very happy to work with the director on this film.

Lau Kam Ling: I am playing a cop, so I get a lot chance to shoot with a pistol. Everyday, I would practise taking aim with an eye closed. I am grateful to Danny Lee for teaching me about shooting, so that I could look more convincing.

Carisa Yan: I'm playing Sammo Hung's mistress, who helps him carry on the family line. Before filming, I enquired my friends who had babies before. I only have drama scenes, no action. I look forward to Fatal Move's release.

Ken Lo: This is my second collaboration with director Dennis Law. My role did not have any action scenes originally. Fortunately, in the end, the director adds an alleyway fight scene for me. Wu Jing very much wishes to fight with me , and would often ask, "Do we get to fight this time?" I answered, "No". He was so disappointed. HK Headline

Fatal Move opens in Hong Kong on February 28."

The Amazing Psycho Per

There's a new trailer on the official site with more action... This looks like it's gonna be pretty bloody.

Really can't wait for this! It's cool to see Charles Heungs son in a film! Wu Jing looks cool in this one, i heard on wujing.org that Ken Lo gets a fight scene as well! The end fight i understand will be Wu Jing vs. Sammo

I agree while the review isn't stellar...the fact that Wu Jing and Sammo are in the together...makes me want to see it even more. I can forgive the problems the reviewer talked about for some hard core action. I know at times I'm too forgiving.

Guest ekisha

wow what a review from lovehkfilm!To hell with that!!!I haven't wathced it yet but i will certainly like it,because i liked previous movie from Dennis Law with Wu Jing.

________

Kitchen Measures

Seen this one guys and wasnt very impressed end fights good and being a fan of sammo made me want to watch this but if i was going to give it a rating out of 10 it would have to be 5 out of 10!!.

just got done watching it myself, and despite its flaws I liked it pretty well. like other reviews have noted, there is a lot of very fake CGI blood in several of the action scenes, which does detract from them a bit, but after a while you kind of get used to it. thankfully, there is some real (fake) blood used as well! the end fight between Sammo and Wu Jing wasn't very impressive however, as it was just a weapon fight without much motivation to it. all that being said, I can forgive its flaws as it did offer up lots of action, and a huge cast as well. by the way though, the supposed Ken Lo alley fight isn't even a fight, he just knocks out 2 guys with a pole or something. overall, I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5.

Don't like too much blood and gore, even if they are cheesy CGIs.

Love the fight between Wu Jing against his wushu teammate Kou Zhan Wen but it's too brief (Kou Zhan Wen might possibly have a role in Legendary Assassin.) as well as against Sammo Hung.

Actually, I believe there's a motivation behind the fight between Wu Jing and Sammo Hung. Wu Jing is the top fighter of the organisation and Sammo's known to have defeated 100 men single-handedly to build up his empire. Spoilers - They both know jolly well that their death is near and isn't it the wish of any martial exponent to challenge another master to attest their skills. Wu Jing wants to know if Sammo Hung is as legendary as he is said to be, and Sammo wants to know if he still has what it takes against the younger generation. It's not a battle out of bitterness, but rather, a battle for honour. Otherwise - more spoilers - Dennis Law could easily alter the script for Wu Jing to be indebted to Tien Niu instead and hence they have to fight.

Don't like too much blood and gore, even if they are cheesy CGIs.

Love the fight between Wu Jing against his wushu teammate Kou Zhan Wen but it's too brief (Kou Zhan Wen might possibly have a role in Legendary Assassin.) as well as against Sammo Hung.

Actually, I believe there's a motivation behind the fight between Wu Jing and Sammo Hung. Wu Jing is the top fighter of the organisation and Sammo's known to have defeated 100 men single-handedly to build up his empire. Spoilers - They both know jolly well that their death is near and isn't it the wish of any martial exponent to challenge another master to attest their skills. Wu Jing wants to know if Sammo Hung is as legendary as he is said to be, and Sammo wants to know if he still has what it takes against the younger generation. It's not a battle out of bitterness, but rather, a battle for honour. Otherwise - more spoilers - Dennis Law could easily alter the script for Wu Jing to be indebted to Tien Niu instead and hence they have to fight.

Depending on the film I quite like blood and gore but this CGI blood and gore used in too many films these days just doesn't look right. Practical effects looks so much better and you also get a more genuine looking spray that will hit anyone close by. It's almost laughable in Fatal Move how all too often someone has been shot at close range or killed with a sword and their lovely white outfit remains pristine.

Personally as a drama I was bored by this film although it was great to see Sammo in a large role. I felt frustrated by Wu Jing who really could have had more hand to hand combat to make this film better. And in my humble opinion the only part of the film really worth watching was his fight with Sammo right at the end. At least that part was fairly satisfying but near on two hours of drudgery to get there really wasn't worth it.

I think perhaps if you're into your triad gangster dramas and not looking for more action you might enjoy this film but I wouldn't recommend it.

Archived