Fatal move starring Wu Jing and Sammo Hung

Guest Beat TG

Guest Beat TG

-- Duo Shuai --

"Dennis Law says that he'd be making a martial arts film Duo Shuai (tentative, Seize the Leader/Flag) in July. The cast includes Sammo Hung, Tien Niu, Simon Yam, Wu Jing, Danny Lee and Xiang Zuo. Plenty of weapon fights are expected in this triad movie."

Source: Wu-jing.org

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HungKuen

Sounds VERY interesting. Fatal Contact was a terrible movie, but the fights were among the best in the last ten years.

Guest Beat TG

I just hope this won't turn into another cheesy melodrama like Fatal Contact.

Fatal Contact, being a terrible movie, does have good action but even that, being well choreographed and all, wasn't good either (too unvaried which ruined it for me).

Guest Chen Zhen

the fights in fatal contact rocked....cant speak on the film itself, but from what i understand its trash

Guest Beat TG

-- Fatal Move (Duo Shuai) --

"Fatal Move/Duo Shuai (tentative), a movie on triad feuds produced by Charles Heung and directed by Dennis Law, held an official production inauguration on August 1. Sammo Hung and Ken Lo take on the role of triad leaders of different factions. Tien Niu and Carisa Yan play Sammo Hung's wife and mistress respectively. As a smart and authoritative "mob sister", Tien Niu often battles it out against Ken Lo's wife Pinky Cheung. Simon Yam plays Sammo Hung's younger brother, while Danny Lee a police officer, both of whom are pursuing Maggie Shiu. Simon Yam is a mean 2nd-in-command when it comes to triad matters, but is quite a kind person otherwise. Wu Jing, as a triad member under Sammo Hung, will sport dyed hair and tattoos. Heung Jo/Xiang Zuo, who'd have one or two major battle scenes, has made sufficient preparation for his role.

Sammo Hung and Wu Jing will have quite a number of action scenes and they will also get to clash against each other. Sammo Hung thinks well of Wu Jing's martial arts ability. However, he feels that Hong Kong action film industry is unable to recreate the glories of past for there aren't many young actors who are trained in martial arts and able to take hardships. He says that won't be retiring soon for he enjoys movie-making. Tien Niu and Wu Jing are happy to be working together again. The two of them have collaborated on A Chinese Ghost Story TV series previously, with Tien Niu as Wu Jing's mentor's wife. Off camera, Wu Jing regards Tien Niu as a maternal figure. Heung Joh hopes he'd be not be given special treatment on the account that he's the son of Charles Heung. He just wishes to be regarded as an ordinary actor."

Source: Wu-jing.org

Guest skulldugrey

sounds good enough, Wu Jing is great. is this planned for release later this year, or sometime next year? hopefully they'll come up with a better english title than Fatal Move, which sounds too similar to last years Fatal Contact. Fatal Contact wasn't bad, but it lacks one of the important elements in a martial arts/action film, a final fight scene. I guess you could consider the Wu Jing vs. Timmy Hung the final fight, but when the movie lasts 20 more minutes there should have been a real finale, instead the ending was dissapointing. anyway, I'm also looking forward to Benny Chan's new film Invisible Target to hit DVD, Wu Jing looks promising in it as the main villain. anyone seen it yet?

Guest theportlykicker
I'm also looking forward to Benny Chan's new film Invisible Target to hit DVD, Wu Jing looks promising in it as the main villain. anyone seen it yet?

Yeah, it's pretty good. The fight scenes are great, if at times a little cheesy, but I enjoyed them a lot. Nic Tse really impressed me with his fighting and stuntwork, and Wu Jing was as great as ever. Jaycee Chan still seems to be getting to grips with HK action; he's certainly giving it a good go. I can't say much about the rest of the film cos I didn't have any subs, but it seemed like your typical modern HK action film. Definitely worth a watch.

This looks promising especially with having three of the actors from SPL. Fight scenes between Sammo and Wu Jing will hopefully be excellent.

So if Dennis Law can mix his Fatal Contact fight scenes but vary it a bit more and SPL storytelling style into this movie, he sure be on a hit.

Guest Beat TG
So if Dennis Law can mix his Fatal Contact fight scenes but vary it a bit more and SPL storytelling style into this movie, he sure be on a hit.

After what he accomplished in Fatal Contact, I highly doubt an SPL-style story could be done, unless of course Wilson Yip is brought in.

Guest Beat TG

said to have weapons fights since it's a movie about triads. should be interesting but I hope they also add hand-to-hand combat and make the choreo more inspiring as well.

Morgoth Bauglir

I got this email from Bey Logan- "Hey, Morgoth! You are the man! Love your comments. Thanks so much for your support, and let me know if I can ever help you with anything from here. Yes, Fatal Contact is being prepped now. I interviewed Wu Jing and did a great commentary with the director, Dennis Law, who speaks perfect English. Just saw his new film, Fatal Move, which is very dark. Great duel between Sammo and Wu Jing at the end. - Bey"

I don't know why he sent this email to me, because I never asked him about Fatal Contact, but nice to hear about Fatal Move. Sounds like a good movie.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Coming up movie starring Wu Jing, Sammo Hung, Simon Yam, Ken Lo and Danny Lee. It's from Fatal Contact's director Dennis Law. Check out the official site for the making of video wich is showing some cool weapon work...Looks pretty intense.

www.fatalmove.com

The Amazing Psycho Per

indeed! I heard of it when it began production back in the summer. from what I've seen so far,it has a very SPL-like feel to it albeit w/ more gunplay, which is a good thing. Dennis Law certainly has potential, he just needs to utilize to better overall effect than last year's Fatal Contact, which had some pretty good and numerous fight scenes and overall I enjoyed it pretty well for what it was, but was far from a classic and suffered from A. lack of a real final fight and B. bad acting from the Cookies! has anybody checked out the new cover art for the upcoming US release, it looks terrible!http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.544735/qx/details.htm

funny how one comment left on imdb continually stated that Fatal Contact was 1000 times better than any movie Bruce Lee had ever done!:confused: I don't think so!Wu Jing has a huge amount of talent, and it's great to see him working w/ Sammo Hung again and Simon Yam, not to mention the great supporting cast here (Ken Lo, Maggie Shiu, Danny Lee, Lam Suet, etc). by the way, did anybody hear that crazy rumor that Sammo Hung died? apparently some Japanese news source reported that a Chinese news source had reported Sammo had died, when he obviously had not. Thank God he's still ok!

Archived