Anyone remember this tv show from the 70's?

Chinatown Kid

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
froffeecoffee

Watched the show all the time as a kid. Even had the action figure with telescope eye and the bionic arm that lifted the beam that came with it. That show brings such memories. Too bad the updated Bionic Woman show that's on now sucks.

Chinatown Kid

There was talk of a movie remake a while back but I don't know if it will ever happen. I know the action figure you mention coffee because I had it too, that was the hot toy back then! I haven't seen the new Bionic Woman series yet but I do remember the one starring Lindsay Wagner, she sure was a fox in the 70's! :cool:

Chinatown Kid

Yeah those Bigfoot episodes were memorable, I remember when Steve was fighting with the Sasquatch(who turned out to be a robot built by aliens lol) and tore the monster's robot arm slap off! I'm not positive but think the Sasquatch was played by Basketball star Wilt Chamberlain from what I remember.

froffeecoffee

Actually Sasquatch was played by Andre the Giant. That was the most memorable storyline. I got so excited to watch those episodes. To me it was so cool to see an enemy that was actually a threat to Steve Austin.

Chinatown Kid

That's right it was the famous wrestler Andre the Giant, thanks for the correction. I got him confused with Chamberlain who starred in one of the Conan movies with Arnold. Andre was about the biggest dude on the planet so he was perfectly cast to play that part, as a kid he was scary as hell to me playing Bigfoot. :cool:

Chinatown Kid

That's right, I would have never called my Bionic Man, Incredible Hulk, Superman, Batman, Chewbacca etc. dolls! They were action figures all the way man, no Barbies! :D

sorry, they were dolls. action figures didn't even come into the lexicon until the mid-80s, when Hasbro lost a court case wanting to call GI Joe "action figures" instead of dolls. the court said "nope, those are dolls. deal."

action figures these days are mostly "inaction" figures. the larger dolls moved more.

David

Chinatown Kid

Well court case or not, I'm not gonna call the toys I played with as a kid dolls because it sounds too girly, but hey man you call them whatever you like.:cool:

Yes RM The Six Million Dollar Man was a very popular tv show of the seventies that lasted 5 seasons(1973-78), I was a kid at the time and kinda grew up with the show. If you want to check it out you can find the complete series over at tvaddicts.com, mine supposed to be on the way in the mail. :)

Archived