The Best Shaw Film You've Seen Recently Is...

HAZ

Just saw it for the first time on Sunday, great storyline, cool characters, excelent fights, perfect ending, just an all out awsome movie, that Alexander Fu Sheng was sometime else, one of the all time best from SB, R.I.P. and thanks for all the great movies you gave us.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I just recently watched FLAG OF IRON and I must say I loved every second of the movie!! The fights were well placed and paced for that matter. I thought to myself..how could fighting with flags be cool?? Well this movie proved it could be. Not the absolute best Venoms film but really cool!!

The Death Duel - definitely one of the best Chor Yuen films I've seen so far. Right up there on the top of the chart with Return of Sentimental Swordsman.

Well I just recently watched FLAG OF IRON and I must say I loved every second of the movie!! The fights were well placed and paced for that matter. I thought to myself..how could fighting with flags be cool?? Well this movie proved it could be. Not the absolute best Venoms film but really cool!!

Yep, pretty much agree. Not the best Venom flick and the finale with all the acrobacy and flag waving verges on the absurd - but it looks *awesome*. :smile:

Yes. Flag Of Iron might very well be my favorite Venoms film. The work they do with the flag poles is pure eye candy to me. Great stuff.

the One-armed Swordman yeah better than i thought it was going to be :)

gravedigger666
the One-armed Swordman yeah better than i thought it was going to be :)

if you have not seen return of oas and new oas go get them....return has action maybe 10 times more than original oas and new is brilliant with ti lung,david chiang and ku feng.In end of New oas bodycount is huge:bigsmile:

gravedigger666
SHAOLIN AVENGERS!(Fu-Sheng/ Chi Kuan-Chun)

An ongoing adrenaline rush!

Chang Cheh's masterpiece of action!

kinda re-make of men from the monastery...not as good but movie has it`s moments.Scene where "beardy" and wang lung wei gets what they deserve is nice.

if you have not seen return of oas and new oas go get them....return has action maybe 10 times more than original oas and new is brilliant with ti lung,david chiang and ku feng.In end of New oas bodycount is huge:bigsmile:

lol i watched Return before this one

Recently I've seen 7 Man Army, The Anonymous Heroes, Young People and Judgement of an Assassin... All good (though Young People would definitely greatly profit from some editing and shortening) - but The Anonymous Heroes was the best film of the bunch. Perfectly balanced, well paced - and in all respects totally awesome.

I quite loved 7 Man Army, too. Sure CC was repeating himself in that film, but the epic approach to the story and characters worked very nicely. Pity that CC didn't quite strike the proper balance and tempo with the flashbacks...

As for Judgement of an Assassin - stylish, entertaining, with cool cast, cool fight scenes and badass villain. Not exactly outstanding - but solid.

Recently I've seen 7 Man Army, The Anonymous Heroes, Young People and Judgement of an Assassin... All good (though Young People would definitely greatly profit from some editing and shortening) - but The Anonymous Heroes was the best film of the bunch. Perfectly balanced, well paced - and in all respects totally awesome.

I LOVE Anonymous Heroes---one of my favorite Shaws. To me, it's not particularly realistic, but it's a great example of a movie that just completely takes place in the Chang Cheh universe, and it's steeped in his artistic vision. It's got the super cameraderie, loyalty among friends for a righteous cause, and heroic bloodshed finale---and the devil-may-care, light hearted attitude of the heroes. Also, I think the fight between David Chiang and Ti Lung in their broken-down shack is one of the funniest bits ever in a Chang Cheh movie. Great film.

instant noodles
I've been sitting on Anonymous Hero's over a year, I guess I should go ahead and watch...

It`s highly enjoyable movie,you defo should watch it soon.Like some1 said,it`s not that realistic though.Ti Lung and David Chiang are one of most accurate shooters I`ve ever seen on movie and they himself are targets very hard to hit:tongue:

I just watched Marco Polo again. Fu Sheng and Chi Kuan Chun! :bigsmile:

Another of Chang's dynamic duo. They had terrific on-screen chemistry. I've recently heard they weren't true friends in life, however, neither were David Chiang and Ti Lung.

crazedjustice888

Today I watched Shaolin Temple (CKC, AFS, TiL) and I finally watched Invincible Shaolin for the first time. Both EXCELLENT movies. I am going to have to buy Invincible Shaolin now.

I watched "Opium and the Kung Fu Master" for the first time yesterday. What a great movie. Good acting with some of the best choreographed fights I've seen from Shaw Bros. This is easily my favorite performance from Ti Lung. Lee Hoi San, Chen Kuan Tai and Philip Ko Fei were all excellent baddies too. Loved it!

I recently watched Bewitched- really enjoyed it good pacing mad sfx and gore. for those who have not seen it, there's a lot of vodoo i thisine, thebest bit is when the evil wizard puts a lemon with pins in it in the middle of the road in HK's central district , then during the rush hour pedestrians are stamping on the lemon giving Mel Wong multiple heart attacks.

Another not bad film I saw for the first time recently was "The Adventures of Emperor Chien Lung"

there is only a small amount of fighting in this film same goes for the other one Tony Liu did with Wong yue, but the story are good.

Ambush was quite brilliant.Unfortunately in about middle of movie one silly scenes makes easy to guess who mastermind behind robbery is...nevertheless,great movie:bigsmile:

I watched Avenging Eagle "uncut" with the complete end fight scene. What a great movie. Terrific acting by Ti Lung and Fu Sheng. Awesome fights and Ku Feng made a truly bad ass villian for sure. Highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

Whats funny is I watched the Celestial version of Avenging Eagle and didn't like it as much, I prefer my full screen scratchy English Dub, am I wierd for that? Anyone else love/hate the remasters?

Blood Sword the choreo is a bit off in Heroic Ones but no action sequence is more infamous than the 7 tumbles of Young Dragon, see The Water Margin, lol.

Blood Sword the choreo is a bit off in Heroic Ones but no action sequence is more infamous than the 7 tumbles of Young Dragon, see The Water Margin, lol.

do you mean wrestling style david chiang character uses?It`s very boring movie,sequel all men are brothers is superior..

Whats funny is I watched the Celestial version of Avenging Eagle and didn't like it as much, I prefer my full screen scratchy English Dub, am I wierd for that? Anyone else love/hate the remasters?

Nothing wrong with liking the full screen scartchy English Dub. I was lucky enough to see it with the English Dub as well. Really the old dubs bring back memories of the first time I saw that movie.

Archived