The Best Shaw Film You've Seen Recently Is...

HAZ

Five Element Ninjas

36th Chamber of Shaolin

Sword Stained With Royal Blood

Kid With the Golden Arm

House of Traps

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watched the 5 Venoms (3rd viewing) and Tales of a Eunuch today. Tales of a Eunuch was pretty poor i thought, the fights were well choreographed but they were poorly edited and were way too short. None of the characters were likeable at all and the plot raced through way too quickly. 5 Venoms was awesome of course, i still prefer Crippled avengers by a hair though.

Agreed Crippled Avengers is a blast!! I never grow tired of watching it.

Battle wizards for me as well. What a trip that was. Not the best kung fu by any means, but the entertainment value was a 10 for sure. Also saw Kid with the golden arm. Not as impressed as I thought I would be based on everybody's comments on these forums. Seemed like the Fu was a little slow. Also my version was horse crap. The dub went in and out through the whole thing. Very annoying. Battle wizard was really well done however. I think it was a recent release.

Omni Dragon
Watched the 5 Venoms (3rd viewing) and Tales of a Eunuch today. Tales of a Eunuch was pretty poor i thought, the fights were well choreographed but they were poorly edited and were way too short. None of the characters were likeable at all and the plot raced through way too quickly. 5 Venoms was awesome of course, i still prefer Crippled avengers by a hair though.

Yeah i prefer Crippled avengers as well.

gravedigger666

Flying Guillotine 2:D!!!I enjoyed part1 quite a lot but was not expecting much from sequel.Well,pessimistic thoughts were soon turned into positive.Highly enjoyable movie with GREAT finale:kiss:

mitthrawnuruondo

8 diagram pole fighter.tons of action and humor . i love the fight at the end ,i was laughing so hard when all the "wolves" were losing there teeth.:nerd:

DeathShrike

The Delightful Forest was great, and substantially livelier than Chang Chehs other films at the time.

The Silver Fox

Lady Hermit and Vengeance is a Golden Blade. Both excellent films with great stories.

I recently watched INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN and THE REBEL INTRUDERS. I thought both of them were awesome!!! I think I will give the nod to REBEL INTRUDERS, the amount of quality fight scenes was awesome.

Next I plan to watch SHAOLIN RESCUERS. As you can tell I'm on a Venoms kick at the moment. :)

Shaolin Hand Lock:

Better than expected and I really enjoyed it.

Five Deadly Venoms:

Nice movie for a slice of Ninja entertainment.

Tea House + Big Brother Cheng (sequel):

Love these 2. Chen Kuan-Tai makes a great classic character in a modern day setting.

I recently watched INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN and THE REBEL INTRUDERS. I thought both of them were awesome!!! I think I will give the nod to REBEL INTRUDERS, the amount of quality fight scenes was awesome.

Next I plan to watch SHAOLIN RESCUERS. As you can tell I'm on a Venoms kick at the moment. :)

Shaolin Rescuers is probably my favorite Venoms movie at the moment:nerd:

The Silver Fox

I'm on a bit of a wuxia/fantasy kick lately. Just watched Usurpers of Emperor's Power. I thought it was a great film ,loaded with over the top, bloody violence, and great special effects. a little campy at times but overall a great flick.

I also recently watched Roving Swordsman-it was decent and had all the usual great stuff you'd expect from Chu Yuan-great sets,lighting,convoluted plot etc. but the film kind of lagged in the fighting department I thought, and the first half of the film dragged but not a horrible effort by any means.

The Dragon

The Killer Constable. Something about the way the violence is depicted in this film! :)

Chen Kuan Tai is a very believable "Rough house Official" with a merciless disposition.

Never seen the alternate ending, discussed here a while back.

Shaolin Rescuers is probably my favorite Venoms movie at the moment:nerd:

I can't wait to watch it when I have the time!! I've heard nothing but great things about it.

gravedigger666
I can't wait to watch it when I have the time!! I've heard nothing but great things about it.

It`s not as good IMO as Invincible Shaolin or Rebel Intruders you watched recently.Enjoyable movie but there is not that much fighting and it fails to create enough tension.Lu Feng is great in finale though:)

Shaolin Rescuers, watched it back when it was Avengeing warriors of Shaolin or something like that, I found it to be an enjoyable Venom's Flick which I watched after I began to dislike Venom Flicks. This one is at least a bit different from their standard plots. There was actually some character development in this one, heroes and villians.

The Silver Fox

The Supreme Swordsman. Great wacky,later period Shaw film. Lots of swordplay,special effects,wires. The fights are undercranked liked crazy but I actually enjoy that. I'm beginning to re-think what I actually consider the golden age for Shaw movies. It seems like some of their most creative and off the wall stuff came out from 1980-1984.

crazedjustice888

8 Diagram Pole Fighter - First time I have seen it. I normally don't like weapon movies as opposed to empty hand but MAN this movie was awesome. Just like it has been said around here, you can FEEL the anger and hatred coming from Gordon's character.

wuxiawuxia
The Supreme Swordsman. Great wacky,later period Shaw film. Lots of swordplay,special effects,wires. The fights are undercranked liked crazy but I actually enjoy that. I'm beginning to re-think what I actually consider the golden age for Shaw movies. It seems like some of their most creative and off the wall stuff came out from 1980-1984.

Since the movie was never released in HK, I was wondering if the speed up was Celestial's doing. I thought the movie would have been awesome without the speed up. :(

The Silver Fox

Quote "Since the movie was never released in HK, I was wondering if the speed up was Celestial's doing. I thought the movie would have been awesome without the speed up."

Wow, I didn't know it wasn't released in HK. I was under the assumption that Celestial just re-mastered the films-I didn't think they messed around with editing,undercranking etc.

I have heard that the music is sometimes altered but I must confess it would be hard for me to tell as I've not seen alot of these as they were originally released,especially the early 80's wuxia/swordplay/fantasy ones 'cause I've gotten into this genre more recently.

I recently watched Shaolin Temple and Shaolin Rescuers. Loved the all-star cast in Shaolin Temple. Ti Lung looked great performing Wing Chun.

Shaolin Rescuers was awesome..what a terrific end fight!!

Archived