The Best Shaw Film You've Seen Recently Is...

HAZ

NoKUNGFUforYU
Never actually seen a VCD before, lol.

I have been very happy with vcds from them. Yeah, it's not hi def, but considering most stuff is a copy of vhs, vcd is nice and affordable.

Also, $12 is what you spend in the theaters and this flick is a lotbetter than most of the crap I've seen lately.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never actually seen a VCD before, lol.

I know some people have no problems with VCD's, but just be sure you don't mind the drop in quality before buying one. If you are watching it on a larger screen there is a good chance you will regret it.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I think it's a hard to find title. I saw one on EBay, that says it's a DVD, but who knows? Yes Asia and Amazon either are out or only have VCD.

I have seen it, it's good flick, like I said. Up to you. It isn't a groundbreaking classic, like Return of the One Armed Swordsman, etc, so, I think a VCD will do.

If you really like it, than go look for a pristine version.

Also, depends on your eyesight. Mine is not so great, so VCD is fine at times.

Though, I must admit, I got a DVD copy of Black Tavern, Heroes Two and my other favorites..........LOL!

Lol, it is funny that you use Return of One Armed as an example, because I just recently watched it for the first time, and was underwhelmed.

Anyway, I'm just going to buy the VCD. Will be kind of neat to have at least one in my collection anyway.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I was talking status, more than anything, as far as Return goes. Wang Yu is kind of like Mick Jagger- if you look close it's all energy and attitude, there are others that can do everything better- sing, dance, write songs- but he has a rep and a following. One of my favorites is Black Tavern, which I am pretty sure was a bomb when it came out.

Did you check out the killcount on youtube?

Nope. If large amount of people are kicking bucket I count the bodies on next viewing:bigsmile::xd:.

Lol, it is funny that you use Return of One Armed as an example, because I just recently watched it for the first time, and was underwhelmed.

Anyway, I'm just going to buy the VCD. Will be kind of neat to have at least one in my collection anyway.

If there's a choice of DVD I'd never go with VCD. Maybe on smaller screens it's more "watchable" but I didn't find sub par video, audio you have to select left or right channels(to avoid 2 tracks playing together) to get the correct audio, much of a worthy bonus.:squigglemouth:

Maybe someone can help get you a "copy" on DVD?

**general VCD comment after a few I've got ***

What's the adc?
some kind of download site.i think that kind of talk do not belong into topic about copyrighted movies.

fantastic movie of usual storyline. I have seen this years ago but forgotten how great this is( It`s hard for me not to love shaw swordplay movie tho but such cases do exist)...Very original scene about "candlefight", and this movie has to be#1 in time how quickly student learns how to fight from master.

I am not techguy but I think image entertainment pic does not look very good. Maybe IVL is better?

NoKUNGFUforYU

Bells of Death is a great flick! I was put off by the leaf throwing, but once I got through that, it is a really cool, well filmed movie.

NoKUNGFUforYU

As far as discussing the ADC this site heat this is where I found out about them. While there are straight up collectors on this site there are also bootleggers, etc. Right now there is a discussion on this site of the pirate Bay dowload of the expendables, which if it goes really big will have a much much larger effect on the cast members and so forth of the films as opposed to old kung fu movies where no one that worked on the movie get any benefit whatsoever from DVD sales.

As far as discussing the ADC this site heat this is where I found out about them. While there are straight up collectors on this site there are also bootleggers, etc. Right now there is a discussion on this site of the pirate Bay dowload of the expendables, which if it goes really big will have a much much larger effect on the cast members and so forth of the films as opposed to old kung fu movies where no one that worked on the movie get any benefit whatsoever from DVD sales.

Maybe here should be different area for piratebay/adc dudes and honest ones? If nobody gets money these movies will not be made/released...

NoKUNGFUforYU

File sharing is a touchy subject. I go to the library all the time, and check out books. The books have been paid for, once, but that is it. Same with the videos. The library exists at the behest of the government, so, a library that does not exist at the authorization of the government should be illegal? Only government should be able to distribute (with the influence of our corporate overlords, who are really in charge) entertainment?

Right now, there are people who say that water should not be a right. Everything should have a price tag on it, and if you can corner the market, even better.

I also go out to the movies 3 to 4 times a month with my family, and even though I paid to see a movie, I am subjected to enumerable advertisements for crap, as if I am watching broadcast tv (i.e. I paid, show me the fucking movie). I also have cable, and even though I don't watch nearly a 3rd of the channels, I pay for that. Considering that comcast has a monopoly where I live, I have little choice. I could go on an on. Please spare me the free market crap.

Also, I went out to see almost all the major Shaws and Golden Harvest movies when they came out, several times, as a matter of fact, at the theaters, so I've paid my dues. I say this so you know that I had a direct effect on the movies being made at the time of creation, not afterwards. I suppose we should not be allowed to record off the tv next.

File sharing is a touchy subject. I go to the library all the time, and check out books. The books have been paid for, once, but that is it. Same with the videos. The library exists at the behest of the government, so, a library that does not exist at the authorization of the government should be illegal? Only government should be able to distribute (with the influence of our corporate overlords, who are really in charge) entertainment?

Right now, there are people who say that water should not be a right. Everything should have a price tag on it, and if you can corner the market, even better.

I also go out to the movies 3 to 4 times a month with my family, and even though I paid to see a movie, I am subjected to enumerable advertisements for crap, as if I am watching broadcast tv (i.e. I paid, show me the fucking movie). I also have cable, and even though I don't watch nearly a 3rd of the channels, I pay for that. Considering that comcast has a monopoly where I live, I have little choice. I could go on an on. Please spare me the free market crap.

Also, I went out to see almost all the major Shaws and Golden Harvest movies when they came out, several times, as a matter of fact, at the theaters, so I've paid my dues. I say this so you know that I had a direct effect on the movies being made at the time of creation, not afterwards. I suppose we should not be allowed to record off the tv next.

You have not paid anything for your pirated items. Your money spent into cinema or legal dvds does not justify that. About tv issue I do not know I never record or even watch tv programs..buy some series in box-sets---

paimeifist for using 66$@the rescue if money is tight and other choice get free from adc is very understable...

When I was a kid I taped lot vhs thinking nobody will lose. I was wrong, it hurts market in general when several people think same way. And particularly martial arts movies are pretty much dying...It would not save world if mr. paimeifist buys overpriced item from amazon. But it still better than adc.

NoKUNGFUforYU

So, where do libraries stand? Do they hurt the sacred market? I am seeing in the USA all rights going towards corporations and the "free" market, and every attempt at getting a price tag on anything and everything. It's sickening. Put that together with one click and you sign your rights to privacy away, and you have a road to crapsville.

Families cannot survive, and the actual supply and demand is completely out of whack. I can go to a cheap store and get reading glasses for $5 or even a dollar. When I asked my optometrist if there was a difference, as he tried to sell me $400 glasses (it's the frame you are paying for, right?) he just went silent. Ethically, he had no answer, and the profit he was making was probably 400% and the eye glass company 4000%. I see peaches selling for $1.55 a pound at costco and $2.99 at the grocery chain. That's a 100% difference. Can you tell me Safeway is getting such a bad deal that they have to charge double? And these prices stay fixed at costco. Safeway is just trying to gouge you for convenience.

The ADC makes it possible to see movies that are from private collections (not available anywhere in the world) and yes, somebody paid for the movies they put up there. I have bought and paid for at least a dozen myself. Guess what, they were bootlegs of movies off copyright.That doesn't stop someone from making a copy (FLK, etc) and reselling them.

I give my books that I buy (usually $200 to $400 per year) to the library. I don't get upset that the people that read them get to do so for free.

NoKUNGFUforYU

One thing to remember, the ADC is a private club. It's not like pirate bay, where anyone can get in and take stuff. You have to contribute or keep up a decent ratio of files for others to leech off of. There are people on hear who sell stuff who also post stuff for free on the ADC. Even some of the movies on the pirate bay are out of print, completely, as well as having lost copyright protection. Basically, once that happens, anyone can make a copy and sell it. That doesn't seem fair, but it happens all the time.

Which do you think is more righteous, free download of copyrighted movie or same item is sold in shop made by red sun/bonzai/panmedia?

Which do you think is more righteous, free download of copyrighted movie or same item is sold in shop made by red sun/bonzai/panmedia?

I'm not interested in either if there's a legit copy I can buy for my shelf at home

The only films I download are ones that have *no* English friendly release. The only bootleg I'd buy is *none*

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Thought I had seen this but no so for me it was a real treat.

I love Lo Lieh in this as well as the rest and of course one Mr. Ti Lung.

JadeTiger_IVL_SC36.jpg

GD Y-Y

JadeTiger_IVL_SC36.jpg

GD Y-Y

If choose top ten, maybe this would not be in it. Or maybe yes. It´s very good movie, particularly very end when they talk about was all killing worth it...Been several years since I watched it, I think I revisit it tonight:bigsmile:

. The only bootleg I'd buy is *none*

I do not on purpose. Been "booted" few times recently by aussie ebaysellers on spaghetti westerns...they state it`s r4 release but instead sent r0 and made in taiwan.

JadeTiger_IVL_SC36.jpg

GD Y-Y

Yeah I just watched this last weekend. I thought it was a very good flick too. Lo Lieh was awesome in it, as everyone else, like you said.

Archived