The Best Shaw Film You've Seen Recently Is...

HAZ

Morgoth Bauglir
Dude, those are some of my favorite Shaws too. Whenever I bring up SHAOLIN MANTIS I feel like it gets no love. Great story (that ending shot!), acting, and a tremendous amount of cool fights in the second half. Probably my favorite David Chiang movie.

Well you won't find too many people who love it more than me. :D Great movie. I really like the love storyin the first half, and the second half is all fights. I actually thought there was too much fighting! And this is my favorite performance from david Chiang.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you won't find too many people who love it more than me. :D Great movie. I really like the love storyin the first half, and the second half is all fights. I actually thought there was too much fighting! And this is my favorite performance from david Chiang.

I think you just made my mind up Morgoth, I'm getting this movie asap...was thinking about it for a while!

The Amazing Psycho Per

Oh, yes, do get this ASAP... For me it ranks right up there in Lau Kar Leung's classic list... The second half is almost 40-50 minutes non stop fight. And that duel between David Chiang Lau kar wing is AWESOME. You'd never know a pipe could be wielded this expertly.

By the way Oldschool, nice to see the cowbell back! "COWBELL SOLO! Hang the bastard, hang him high! ..." Alwas reminds me of Cannibal the Musical.

Oh, yes, do get this ASAP... For me it ranks right up there in Lau Kar Leung's classic list... The second half is almost 40-50 minutes non stop fight. And that duel between David Chiang Lau kar wing is AWESOME. You'd never know a pipe could be wielded this expertly.

By the way Oldschool, nice to see the cowbell back! "COWBELL SOLO! Hang the bastard, hang him high! ..." Alwas reminds me of Cannibal the Musical.

Thanks for the cowbell welcome. The fever is being cured:D

gravedigger666

Masked Avengers.Use of weapons is mindblowing,storyline is very wellcrafted and Avengers headquarters is far more interesting location than "house of traps".

Perfect movie:D

What Price Honesty! You guys were right, this was great. :D

Yeah CTK, I felt the same after viewing. This film should have more notoriety. It's definetly as good as Killer Constable.

I'm still thinking of the torture they put Pai Paio through... Ugly. :(

I think his pipe work is slightly better in Knockabout. :D

I was a bit disappointed with the undercranking in the first part of the final fight in Shaolin Mantis, but luckily they sorted it out for the rest. It is definately one of David Chiang's best kung fu performances. It's interesting how he actually got better with age, or atleast alot more versatile. I was really impressed with him in The Loot and Deadly Challenger (although Phillip Ko Fei was the top dog there).

I just watched Gang Master again and that is now officially one of my favorites.

I agree. I just watched this film last night, after purchasing it sometime late last year or very early this year. What was I waitng for? The movie is awesome and the fighting is great.

The acting was very good as well. Ku Feng? The man is one great actor!

Gang Master is one of those true hidden gems in the shaw library. I had not even heard of it until relatively recently, and it is also one of my favorites now. Austin Wai is really versatile, and not a bad actor at all. Easy to see he's Kara Hui's brother. :D

The best shaw I've seen recently is perhaps Vengeance!

TheManInWhite

I just saw Opium and the KF Master last week. It's definitely one of the better later Shaw releases. A rather unique plot line that was well acted and the action fitted in nicely.

shaolin drunkard

Challenge of the masters..There is fair amount LKL movies I don`t like that much but Challenge really rocked:).Shaw Entertainment at it´s best,I like this more than Shaolin Challenges Ninja Or 8 Diagram which are also very good...

Best Shaw I saw recently was "What Price Honesty". Worst seen recently would have to be "Life Gamble".

shaolin drunkard

New Shaolin Boxers.It`s charming how townspeople in this are spineless cowards=ordinary peopleXD.Almost brilliant film suffers from one tiny flaw.In the end fight,flashbacks of Fu Sheng training are not used smoothly.Still,2 thumbs up definitely and fu sheng has better chance to display his kungfu here than in some other CC products.

I've only seen New Shaolin Boxers in its Grandmaster of Death form, I need to check out the remaster.

I recently watched "Life Gamble" and "Two Champions of Shaolin".

I enjoyed both.

"Life Gamble" was good made better by the end fight with Philip Kwok. Fu Sheng was really good as well.

"Two Champions of Shaolin" was a nice Venoms movie without Kwok in front of the camera. Nice to see Lo Meng get to be center stage.

Watched Delightful Forest, wasnt expecting much but a great performance from Ti Lung and a real blood soaked ending!

JACKIE CHAN ACTION FIGURE,....LOOK

You bet! Delightful Forest is now one of my favorite Ti Lung films. His character The Monk was a no nonsense guy. Sad to see what happened to him later in the sequel to Water Margin.

Also check out The Pirate, equally as good!

Recently watched Usurper's of Emperor's Power for 2nd time. Nice entertaining movie. Great villians to me make a movie and this one has some evil power hungry ***holes. XD

For me it is mostly re-visiting them.

Just watch these two movies I haven't seen in ages:

The Lady Professional

The Sexy Killer.

Next up for me is "The Ghost Story" - Had it on VHS but never recalling watching it.

ironfistedmonk

Watched the English dub of Thunderbolt Fist, the death scene at the end is amazingly outrageous, only Shaws could do something like that, great stuff.

my top fives:

1.) Five Shaolin Masters

2.) Death Duel

3.) Maginificent Five

4.) Sentimental Swordsman series

4.) Tiger Killer

Ti Lung Rocks !!!!!

Archived