The Best Shaw Film You've Seen Recently Is...

HAZ

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin drunkard
yeah!! I loved The Master of Kung Fu!

I have thai united release of it, waiting to be seen....but not bad omen if 2 here like it:)

shaolin drunkard

It may sound silly to you native english speakers but I have told many times local shopkeeper to put title aside when there is sword in it...

Funny thing about MOKF is I throw in one of the old VHS tapes while in my office (for background noise) and it happens to be this film; but full/dubbed. So, I'm semi-watching it. Later, in the the PM, I'm looking through the movie shelves for something to watch and I'm like, what's this...? Its the IVL which I had yet to watch. Just absolutely amazing the difference in picture quality between the two (but still... you gotta love those old dubs).

THE RESCUE

I have not ever been huge fan of lo lieh and movie has quite standard storyline.Gorgeous Shiz Zhu and bit surprise ending made this worth going through.There was quite lot blood but storyline was too obvious and only 3-4 sets used makes me give this "only" 4/5.

Shih Zhu:songhua2:

7man.jpg

7 Man Army

If there any any Fu fans that have not seen this....you REALLY need to check it out. A veritable who's who of Shaw GREATNESS:

Ti Lung, David Chiang, Alexander Fu Sheng, Chen Kuan Tai, Chi Kuan Chun (underrated), Gordon Liu, Wang Lung Wei, Leung Kar Yan (BEARDY!!), Lu Feng, Philip Kwok, Lee I Min...

Sure there's some cheese involved, but well acted, sweet action, and all around fun flick.

Shaolin Chamber 36

Thanks to brother RogueWarrior, I just watched The Proud Twins, English dubbed for the first time. Very cool, strange and fun film! I really enjoyed it. Love all the back-stabbing and betrayal in this one, not to mention Fu Sheng's role.

Killer Constable - Grim, dark and fabulous. I now see John Woo borrowed a portion of this for The Killer

Rendezvous With Death - Epic and otherworldly - With this, Avenging Eagle and Human Lanterns I'm now officially a Chung Sun fan. Which of his other films should I try next?

Aside from Deadly Breaking Sword which I need to try again.

Killer Constable - Grim, dark and fabulous. I now see John Woo borrowed a portion of this for The Killer

Rendezvous With Death - Epic and otherworldly - With this, Avenging Eagle and Human Lanterns I'm now officially a Chung Sun fan. Which of his other films should I try next?

Aside from Deadly Breaking Sword which I need to try again.

You'll see the same plot point basis Woo utilised similar to Killer Constable in earler Shaw production The Invincible Fist.

On Sun Chung front, My Rebellious Son is my very favourite of his, but much more playful than the others. Please check Kung Fu Instructor also. In fact just check them all, forget about Destiny's Champion though, that one's shit.

Guest jiraffejustin

I am really new to Kung Fu films, but I just recently watched Five Fingers of Death. I can say I was really impressed, and I can't wait to see more Shaw Brothers films.

I am really new to Kung Fu films, but I just recently watched Five Fingers of Death. I can say I was really impressed, and I can't wait to see more Shaw Brothers films.

Boy, are you in for a treat! You'll be forever changed!!!

:nerd:

I'm pretty new to Shaw Bros films having barely seen any before a month or so back when KingofKungfu2002 sent me some of his spare copies. been watching quite a few "venoms" films including Rebel Intruders, Invincible Shaolin, Two Champions of Shaolin and last night was blown away by Shaolin Rescuers.:xd: I'm absolutely loving it and hope there's more films like the "venoms" with the same energetic, dynamic and acrobatic fight sequences.:bigsmile:

Just watched this again, haven't seen it for awhile but it's got to be one of the sickest choreographed films ever!! Hui Tin Chi is superb with the Triad initiation fight with the great Ku Feng and his teacups of doom...totally ruffhouse!!! Bruce Liang at Shaws what more could you want??

Just a shame Tsui Siu Ming only directed this one movie for Shaws as he had excellent skill, and his choreography is topnotch. He should have made a semi sequel to 5 Superfighters, those guys under his control....whoah!!

OpiumKungFuCracker
Just watched this again, haven't seen it for awhile but it's got to be one of the sickest choreographed films ever!! Hui Tin Chi is superb with the Triad initiation fight with the great Ku Feng and his teacups of doom...totally ruffhouse!!! Bruce Liang at Shaws what more could you want??

Just a shame Tsui Siu Ming only directed this one movie for Shaws as he had excellent skill, and his choreography is topnotch. He should have made a semi sequel to 5 Superfighters, those guys under his control....whoah!!

I have this movie, haven't gotten around to it yet but today just from your reaction, I need to see this ASAP!!!:nerd:

I watched BLOOD BROTHERS this morning and it was truly a superb Chang Cheh film. Ti Lung was in top form as the ambitious officer whose power ultimately comes at a price. David Chiang was great as the young "brother" whose story is told throughout the film and Chen Kuan-Tai was great as the warrior whose wife comes between the bond between himself and Ti.

I watched BLOOD BROTHERS this morning and it was truly a superb Chang Cheh film.

Great film when CC was in his prime.

Watched this other night. Good fights/story....

w0rznkessvn1nzew.jpg

Archived