The Best Shaw Film You've Seen Recently Is...

HAZ

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Black.Dragon
English dub? where?!?

I don't know about custom English dubs but the voices sound like the same ones used in the "House of Traps" (eng dub). FYI there is also an English dub for " Return of the Sentimental Swordsman " .

silver hermit
Hold on. What. You've seen Revenge Of The Corpse? Where? How? Zii-whatsname rip? Where???? Must see this.

sun chung is a master its easily the best one i saw besides the killer. the killer takes it all the way. but revenge of the corpe is sooooo good. i cannot belive IVL did not put it out! what were they thinking?!

interesting that ADC has the "rare" dubs i don't torrent so it sucks for me "SOL" did they take the dubs from the HD channel and add them to the HD IVL DVDs? or are they straight TV rips? i been watching a bunch of jumper dubs this week as well. i found a woman that will watch them with me and she prefers dubs :nerd:

revenge of the corpe is sooooo good. i cannot belive IVL did not put it out! what were they thinking?!

How did you see it? Remastered? How can I see this?

Just re-watched..

CLAN OF THE WHITE LOTUS...Amazing choreography.

SHAOLIN MARTIAL ARTS ...Great story and very gory climax!

shaolin drunkard

Iron Buddha was incredible.Shaw wu xias do not come much better,time flew with this.

Very highly recommended:angel:

Coliseum1972

One Armed Swordsman 4/6.....bit too talky at times but Wang Yu does a good job although I wish hed scream loud , after all he gets his freakin *arm* cut off :squigglemouth:

This is one of the few Fu Sheng flix I've yet to see but keep putting it off.

Probably because I think the film will be saturated with the chuckle fu - though I may be wrong.

I watched "Cat Vs. Rat" on Wednesday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Watched To Kill A Mastermind (finally). Well worth the wait...

Eastern Evil
This is one of the few Fu Sheng flix I've yet to see but keep putting it off.

Probably because I think the film will be saturated with the chuckle fu - though I may be wrong.

Watched To Kill A Mastermind (finally). Well worth the wait...

You are right about that imo, but I think it picks up a bit once the beginning nonsense stops & the main plot starts. I have not watched multiple times though (must have seen the Shaolin A Fu's 5-600 times!), so maybe another viewing is necessary.

Talking about CAT vs. RAT... "Chuckle-Fu" definitely comes close. The Fu Sheng / Adam Cheng sparring guarantees some hoots, but I found the excessive nuttyness of this a bit tiresome to sit through after half-time. I mean, I do have a weak spot for the artificiality of classic Shaw sets, but that final showdown on this rubber island in the middle of what looked like an oversized goldfish pond... oh dear. Pops must have been on Mandrax when he conceived this... :wink:

shaolin drunkard
To me Shaw Bros films are like episodes of an ongoing TV show. The movies take place in their fictional Martial World. You see many of the same sets, fights, weapons, drinking, and different bad guys. It's just some are more consistent than others with choreography, story, script, etc..Lots of their martial films revolve around training, revenge, and survival. I'm hooked on them! The Shaw movies are very fun to collect if your a martial arts movie enthusiast.

I agree to almost everything but I have to say in my opinion there is lot less training in SB movies compared to independent productions.

shaolin drunkard
Just saw Killer Constable and Tiger Killer Both are classics.

Killer CS is the man...I would like to see korean edit tho,feel pity about ending of HK one, blind girl fate....

Archived