The Best Shaw Film You've Seen Recently Is...

HAZ

It`s of course fine if people enjoy legendary weapons that much....that movie I`m not gonna watch ever again and I got rid of my copy:crossedlips:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vengeanceofhumanlanterns
Knight of Knights was supergood:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Right on!!! Chiao Chuang is another great lead. Just watched Clan Fueds again last night. Good film.

It`s of course fine if people enjoy legendary weapons that much....that movie I`m not gonna watch ever again and I got rid of my copy:crossedlips:

really? why is that?? that movie is tight as fuck! :xd:

Denny Crane

Spent a most pleasant afternoon watching King Boxer over the weekend. I see now why its so revered. Truly epic film, and the only kung fu film me mother's ever enjoyed. Go figure.

Skepparkrans

Watched Judgement Of An Assassin - Another Sun Chung movie i really liked.

Again he display a great plot, great characters, gorgeous visuals..

What i liked in this was also that the fighting was sometime visually in the background, filmed from high above, filmed behind trees and leaves.. and so on.. Still the fighting was great choreographed. They way it was filmed made the fighting more integrated to the story..

Anyway.. I loved this movie, like all Sun Chung movies i seen so far.

This guy made some great movies. Havent seen any of his comedys but i think i stay far away from them for now...

Havent seen any of his comedys but i think i stay far away from them for now...
Don't do that. Having watched and rewatched and rewatched his movies I reckon My Rebellious Son's my favourite of his now. Kid With A Tattoo is pretty tasty if not one to immediately jump on, it's got some spectacular technical stuff going on... My Rebellious though - so good.

Skepparkrans
Don't do that. Having watched and rewatched and rewatched his movies I reckon My Rebellious Son's my favourite of his now. Kid With A Tattoo is pretty tasty if not one to immediately jump on, it's got some spectacular technical stuff going on... My Rebellious though - so good.

ok, i will check out his comedys then :smile: it cant be all bad since his Martial Arts movies is among the best i have watched from Shaw Brothers.

to bad that particular movie seems to be out of print.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Alright no one on this forum commented on my enthusiasm for:

"The Black Tavern",

THIS IS THE BEST SHAW BROTHERS i HAVE SEEN

recently,

including Killer Constables

Blessings,

GD Y-Y

Skepparkrans
Alright no one on this forum commented on my enthusiasm for:

"The Black Tavern",

Your enthusiasm for Black Tavern was contagious and made me put it on top on my to-order list..

so next month im telling you what i think about it :wink:

the best ive seen recently has been return to the 36th chamber!!forgot how amazing it is!

anyone notice on english dubs, its sometimes a lot more enjoyable to watch? not sure why exactly but i tend to enjoy the r1s more than the r3s... love them all though!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

You won't be disappointed with Black Tavern.

The worst Shaw Brothers I saw recently was COWARD BASTARD.

Wacky comedy although with some good moments does not deliver IMO.

GD Y-Y

Watched Judgement Of An Assassin - Another Sun Chung movie i really liked.

Again he display a great plot, great characters, gorgeous visuals..

What i liked in this was also that the fighting was sometime visually in the background, filmed from high above, filmed behind trees and leaves.. and so on.. Still the fighting was great choreographed. They way it was filmed made the fighting more integrated to the story..

Anyway.. I loved this movie, like all Sun Chung movies i seen so far.

This guy made some great movies. Havent seen any of his comedys but i think i stay far away from them for now...

Yeah Judgement is pretty good, though I dont typically enjoy Wang Yue as a lead for some reason I really like the Proud Youth as well.

Skepparkrans

Rendezvous With Death - Once again i watched a Sun Chung movie.. and guess what? I loved it!

Great story, visuals and charcters and it was a joy to see one of my favorite actors, Lo Lieh, once again giving a great performance..

I cant say it enough, but brothers, Chung did some great movies!

Now i need to see more Sun Chung movies so im going to order Proud Youth and Deadly Breaking Sword :nerd:

Just saw (Mad) Monkey Kung Fu...Was quite fun film to watch and good acrobatics on show, and the finale fight was very good imo.

But the fighting which came after the initial training and before the finale fight was just too silly for my liking.

"went last nite for Avenging Eagle which I saw 1st time 4 months ago.Now I am convinced this is finest Shaw I have ever seen"

Avenging Eagle is a film I can't even get sick of no matter how many times I've watched it. It really is extremely well done in all departments. The english dubbed Platinum Collection version is my favorite version.

Where can you get this version of AVENGING EAGLE? It sounds like a great film, and I want to get the best possible widescreen version with English dub.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Originally Posted by vengeanceofhumanlanterns View Post

"went last nite for Avenging Eagle which I saw 1st time 4 months ago.Now I am convinced this is finest Shaw I have ever seen"

Avenging Eagle is a film I can't even get sick of no matter how many times I've watched it. It really is extremely well done in all departments. The english dubbed Platinum Collection version is my favorite version.

I've had that Platinum edition, must be going on 10yrs or so, this must be a very old post. I've now seen this easily 30 times, possibly more. I'm still convinced it's one Shaw's finest.

I've seen it before but thanks for getting the MB release of FIVE ELEMENT NINJA and watching it again this past weekend...man what a great, fun movie!! I have a new appreciation for one of the action choregraphers Chu Ko and star Ricky Cheng Tien Chi.

Great fights, crazy deaths and a good amount of gore and SHAW BROS blood fo sho!!

I had "kiss of death" several years waiting to be watched and finally made it.My prejudice was wrong, it turned out to be OK lady vengeance movie.

I watched Death Duel. Liked it alot, not amongst the best but it made me realized that i have seen way to few Chor Yuen movies,, in my next order of shaw films im gonna focus on Chor Yuen

I watched Death Duel. Liked it alot, not amongst the best but it made me realized that i have seen way to few Chor Yuen movies,, in my next order of shaw films im gonna focus on Chor Yuen

death duel is excellent, almost equal to awesome jade tiger.duel for gold is alsto must see from chor yuen.

And to original topic Swordswomen Three is bliss:bigsmile:

death duel is excellent, almost equal to awesome jade tiger.duel for gold is alsto must see from chor yuen.

And to original topic Swordswomen Three is bliss:bigsmile:

I notised that Jade Tiger is comming out on R1 in Januari :bigsmile:

Great news since the IVL release is listed as out of print.

Thanks for the recommendations, I loved the visual style of Death Duel, to be honest i liked it more then the more talked about Chor Yuen film The Magic Blade.

Archived