The Eunuch 70'

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Pai Ying is the main villian? I'm impressed. The story is flawlessly executed. The acting very well done. The violence appropriated perfectly. I have to say that this IMO is the best of it's batch. I'm about to reach the ending/finally and I can't wait. Back with more...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive watched this last nite. pretty darn good.

smooth, classic wuxia actioner with a straight flow, simple but more than just efficient character development, fierce fighting (plenty too :D ), nice sets and convincing performances and without a single dull moment.

GRAB IT! DIG IT! :cool:

ps: imo MURDER PLOT (no masterpiece but still one thoroughly entertaining goodie) would be the best of the batch, but the EUNUCH is a close 2nd (not watched winged tiger yet).

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Upon finishing The Eunuch I was slightly disappointed with the director's apparent need to (slightly) speed up the fight scenes. This only happens from an hour and ten minutes on or so, BUT I hate that! I can't stand sped up filming. Anyway, it is a real solid film.

Murder Plot by the way was a bit drab throughout. Nothing really seems to goes down especially and there's really no payoff for sitting throught the film. Though opposite of jmungus' post I thought Murder Plot and Winged Tiger were the close seconds. Any of the three are actually worth having. Though from what I've been reading, I'm kinda wishin I bought the Young Vagabond, instead of Tigress From Shoalin.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I actually have to view Winged Tiger once more to really decide whether it's not possibly the best of the batch.

I love The Eunuch but yawned through Murder Plot. Alas, my copy of The Winged Tiger is defective. Please comment on Angela Yu Chien's performance & fighting. Thanks!

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Winfred, I didn't make it past an hour into the film. I started watching at 11 pm after getting back from the hospital, so I really have to view this one again. Sorry.

Just finished this and it's an interesting movie with some good fights and dramatics. The ending is unexpected and the storyline sufficient in building the characters. Shaw's certainly knew how to create sadistic villains. From the same director of THE BLACK TAVERN and THUNDERING MANTIS.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns
I love The Eunuch but yawned through Murder Plot. Alas, my copy of The Winged Tiger is defective. Please comment on Angela Yu Chien's performance & fighting. Thanks!

Winfred, Angela Yu Chien dosen't do too much fighting in The Winged Tiger. Though it is a decent film.

Archived