drunken master

andy338

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it mate. The distributor is listed as Columbia Tristar not HKL. The info on the HMV website looks correct judging by a fairly recent submission of the movie to the BBFC:

http://www.bbfc.org.uk/website/Classified.nsf/0/8AD7520C3F52482280257372004731CF?OpenDocument

HKL's Platinum editions of the Jackie Chan movies ain't going to happen mate and I doubt it won't be long before HKL is no more...

Chinatown Kid

I already have the region 1 Columbia/Tristar DVD of Drunken Master, no need for me to get the UK version if it's the same then.....

out of topic(but not much)does any1 know did Made In Hong Kong released box-vhs sets of snake in the eagles shadow and drunken master or did they go bust before that happened?

out of topic(but not much)does any1 know did Made In Hong Kong released box-vhs sets of snake in the eagles shadow and drunken master or did they go bust before that happened?

I read plans that they were going to bundle them together and release them as a boxset but I never ever saw it myself nor know of any collectors that claim to have it.

My guess is that it never happened but maybe somone will prove me wrong!

It's got a little extra footage that the other versions don't have (in mandarin w/ no subs, however) that can be accessed with the dvd remote during the movie. Most of what was cut from the original movie is lost forever, i've read

I'm looking to buy the UK version because the US version has a horrible dub on it.

The US release also has the original Cantonese track on it.

As it will be the same company (Columbia Tristar) putting the disc out here in the UK I would expect it to be pretty much identical to the US release.

I wonder if this will ever show up on UK shores??

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=285;5;-1;-1&sku=667483

Archived