kid from kwantung.. out next week..

Tigerstyles

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

I pre-ordered mine months ago as well, this is a film no Hwang Jang Lee fan wants to miss. One of his best kicking displays ever!

silver hermit
I pre-ordered mine months ago as well, this is a film no Hwang Jang Lee fan wants to miss. One of his best kicking displays ever!

sup CK been a while but yeah i think hwang did kicks in this that i never seen him do before.

wong yue's the monkey fist training scenes are some of the best i have seen he is in top form. :D remastered!!! i can't wait

This is what I've been waiting for since Celestial started the remastering.

In my top ten kung fu movies, Silver Fox is bad!!! and Yen Shi Kuan's monkey....TUFF!!!

Bless:cool:

silver hermit

i just braved a blizzard to go and pick mine up woooo hoooo it was worth it i'll be watching this while the snow piles up. i kind of hope we get snowed in tommorrow i don't want to go to work!!!:P

Mine is being sent by DDDHouse.com right now! It was shipped the exact day it was released, now that's how a pre-order should work! (Most of this forum knows how it feels to have something pre-ordered and not be shipped right when the dvd is released... *ahem* cdwow.com... *ahem*)

Got this today along with a huge stack of other Shaw discs. I'll watch this one first. Looks like it's mostly comedy but the fights are sure to be spectacular. Has both original and new trailers. The bio for HJL lists many of his indy movies and also lists both this film and GHOSTS GALORE as available from celestial so hopefully this one will come out somewhere down the road.

Got this today along with a huge stack of other Shaw discs. I'll watch this one first. Looks like it's mostly comedy but the fights are sure to be spectacular. Has both original and new trailers. The bio for HJL lists many of his indy movies and also lists both this film and GHOSTS GALORE as available from celestial so hopefully this one will come out somewhere down the road.

If you were by some chance able to revisit that bio for HJL again, is there any chance you could please check the names of the films listed for him after 1990? I've seen references to one or two more films he might have done other than "Nationwide Constituency" and "Emperor of the Underworld" but haven't been able to verify it.. Thanks.

If this sucks, I will never believe any of the hype around a movie release again.

gulp! I'd bring down your expectations a bit. I like the fights, but the film overall isn't the best IMO. Hwang without a doubt makes the movie. It's a shame he was going up against Wang Yu as the hero though.

I've got a review coming shortly for this one. It didn't list any movies for Hwang after 1990 but I'll check again to be sure. Actually, I'd swear Hwang was in this years DRAGON WARS. The old guy doing the fighting near the beginning shooting fireballs from his palms looked a great deal like him and the credits lists an actor named Hyo Jin Lee. It looks an awful lot like him though.

If you were by some chance able to revisit that bio for HJL again, is there any chance you could please check the names of the films listed for him after 1990? I've seen references to one or two more films he might have done other than "Nationwide Constituency" and "Emperor of the Underworld" but haven't been able to verify it.. Thanks.

Hi, bengs. Checked the disc and it doesn't go beyond his GHOSTS GALORE film. In the bio it states he returned to Korea in 1990 but there are no mention of his films after that.

yes m8 emperor of the underworld

national constitueny

national constituency 2

regards jocky

just watched this SB rarity

The fights where great Huangs performance is excellent

the Shaws must have been sore over GHarvests success in the early 80's as they threw every genre that GH made popular

into this mashedup shit mix.. had to ff through them as it was painfull to watch especialy the Vampire crap

might recut this dvd down to 20 mins

Can't say I recommend this to anyone, other than the completists out there.

The chicken vs. centipede scene was ridiculous and totally uncalled for.

Some great fights, tho.

Hwang Jang Lee was awesome. The movie is pretty much silly comedy for the first half. Hwang finally shows up and you get occasional fights of him doing what he does best. I was almost in a coma a few times then Hwang showed up and I snapped out of it. If the comedy was lessened along with a different lead good guy that was more capable this could of been something special. I was impressed with the mother and daughter actors especially the scene where they are practicing together. I would say it was worth the money to see Hwang kick butt in a Shaw film. The movie 6/10 Hwang's performance 10/10

I saw the film in the store here in Chinatown over the weekend. I'll pick it up next week.

In regards to Hwang Jang Lee, really, is there any film that would classify as a bad performance? If anything, his presence can make the absolute worst of films that much more tolerable.

Problem is the great choreographer Hsu Hsia, was a bad director. He had no idea of how to piece a movie together. The centipede/rooster and vampire sections were right along the lines of the lion dance section of Lion vs Lion. They were overly long time killing sections. They didn't mean anything but he had nothing else going on in the story. Comedy kills. Esp. when it's not funny or even sligthly entertaining.

Had he stayed with the serious part of the story(HJL, Shi Kwan, YPP, the mother and the politic tones), he would have had something.

The movie is great and bad at the same time. I would reccomend it to anyone on earth. Every martial movie fan should have it but let it be known...

In regards to Hwang Jang Lee, really, is there any film that would classify as a bad performance? If anything, his presence can make the absolute worst of films that much more tolerable.

I don't know SECRET EXECUTIONERS is one of the worst even with HJL in it.

Problem is the great choreographer Hsu Hsia, was a bad director. He had no idea of how to piece a movie together. The centipede/rooster and vampire sections were right along the lines of the lion dance section of Lion vs Lion. They were overly long time killing sections. They didn't mean anything but he had nothing else going on in the story. Comedy kills. Esp. when it's not funny or even sligthly entertaining.

Had he stayed with the serious part of the story(HJL, Shi Kwan, YPP, the mother and the politic tones), he would have had something.

The movie is great and bad at the same time. I would reccomend it to anyone on earth. Every martial movie fan should have it but let it be known...

Regardless of how fans feel about the comedy bits the film had what audiences wanted at the time in HK. Which would more than likely account for KID FROM KWANGTUNG being fairly successful at the time.

Archived