Dragon Dynasty's Shaw Brothers releases

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest Ko Fei

Does anyone know what SB titles DD plan on releasing besides the four amazing ones that just came out? I would like to know so I can hold off on the ones I buy from celestial because I would prefer to own the DD versions especially if they are all gonna be like the previous releases.

I know there is a SB title coming out in November on their website listed as "Quentin Tarantino presents The Shaw Brothers Collection" Does anyone know which titles will be included in this?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sure someone knows what those four tittles are -- their just not talking as yet. from what i understand there will be more dragondynasty and media blaster info after the shaw philly fest ---possibly next week.:hat

Guest venomchamber

I stumbled upon this in Wikipedia!

According to the official press release, the following titles are expected to appear under the Dragon Dynasty label:

Shaw Brothers Studio Titles

Come Drink With Me

The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Heroes Of The East

Martial-Arts Of Shaolin

Question is: will COME DRINK WITH ME have an English dub as well?

Several other '60s films did including ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN, TRAIL OF THE BROKEN BLADE, THE BELLS OF DEATH, and TWELVE GOLD MEDALLIONS, so it will be something to look forward to seeing in the future! ;)

Guest Ko Fei

Intersting! I doubt CDWM will have an english dub as I don't beleive it even exists but who knows what DD have up there sleeves. Perhaps they will do their own dub which may not be as good as the classic but it would be interesting. Thanks !

Guest drunkenmantis13

That's 4 great titles and i was totally expecting 8 Diagram for the November batch. I also suspected CDWM could be there.

While the other 2 are great, i'm very surprised there's no Venoms titles yet. LKL titles were already represented twice in the first batch so i was pretty confident at least one if not all 3 of these would be in the next batch: 5 Venoms, Crippled Avengers, Avenging Eagle.

No Venoms yet, same for Sun Chung. It would have been perfect timing to have these at the end of the year. Hope the 4 titles listed isn't the definitive list for November...even though i'll still buy all 4.

Guest oldeschool17

i wouldnt necessarily gauge that as what the secretive november batch will be, considering wikipedia info can be entered and changed by anybody. Not to say those wont be released, just id rather here an official statement from dragon dynasty not some speculation off of wikipedia or internet forums.

Guest morgoth

I got this message from Bey Logan today-

"What is it with this film? Everyone is asking me about it this week! I'll see what I can dig up. Thanks for the info! - Bey"

I received a similar message from him this afternoon stating that he had been hearing alot about this film and he would check into it.

Guest the golden dragon

I did not think this would amount to anything.

But yiou never know.

What if he talks Celestial into releasing To Kill A Mastermind.

There is always hope.

GD

:eek

Guest oldeschool17

its the waiting game now. Who knows, your efforts may have paid off. I dont think ive ever seen this much effort and dedication to get a movie released. Good job fellas

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

Selective quotation is an old trick. I seem to remember reading about some movie - I think one of those pompous quasi-Biblical Victor Mature-type stinkburgers - which had been unfavourably reviewed by someone who had said "destroying the negative of this film would be a boon to mankind". Needless to say, the quotation on the poster simply read "A BOON TO MANKIND".

I hated the commentary. It seemed disorganised, unimaginative, and uninformed. I didn't mind the swearing so much, but how many times did they do that thing where they try to sound "black"? It was embarrassing, every ten minutes Tarantino or one of those indistinguishable dorks going "dayummm". And the endless comparisons to inevitably American movies, to inevitably American studios and stars.

I'd rather listen to ninety minutes of Bey Logan flossing his teeth than listen to that again.

Guest killer meteor

One of my fave examples was when Total Film, a UK film mag, gave a mediocre review for Rasor Blade Smile and yet a couple of pages later was the poster for the film, sporting a complimentary blurb from Total Film that had been taken from a preview report

One of the New York Times reviewers once said that Bruce Lee looked like "Alain Delon after a lot of bee stings"

Guest Shaolin Patriot

Does anyone have a clue as to what DD will be featuring for their November Tarantino Presents SB collection? I'm hoping that at least one title will be Venoms.

In terms of Venoms titles, which would you like to see in order? Presuming they have the rights to these, I would like to see (as a top 5):

- Five Venoms

- Crippled Avengers

- Kid with the Golden Arm

- Invincible Shaolin

- Chinatown Kid

Guest drunkenmantis13

I think the 4 titles did come up at some point, no?

I was also expecting 2 of them to be Venoms titles but if i remember none of the 4 actually is a V flick...

yes--i,ve been trying to find out the tittles as well. theres nothing on dragondynasty site or amazon either. perhaps linn knows and would share that info. i,m sure somebody knows.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I sure hope one of the titles they release is the international version of Chinatown Kid, the wimpy alternate version Celestial/IVL released just doesn't cut it. Give us the violent, hard ass version we all know and love in remastered glory! 8)

Guest killer meteor

Given the grindhouse roots, it'd make sense for a US distributor to go for titles like The Killer. Did Celestial remaster The Champion?

Guest Chinatown Kid

As for one Celestial hasn't released yet, I would like to see DD put out Deadly Angels as well, one of the first kung fu girls with guns flicks, with the incredibly hot Evelyne Kraft and Da Na! Tony Liu busts out some decent fighting in this too....

Archived