Dragon Dynasty's Shaw Brothers releases

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest kungfusamurai
Thanks for you kind comments Linn. Actually if anyone is interested Andy Klein actually responded on my blog in the comment sections of the reviews. No joke.

Okay, so I guess that proves Andy Klein isn't just an alias for Ric Meyers. :)

So, I guess these audio commentaries are one-take deals? No going back and punching-in corrections or erasing unflattering moments?

KFS

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
Anyone else thinks SEVENHOOKS* sucks?

Uh, could be.

Mowin 'em down again 7 hugh?

Only kiddin with ya bro. :b

hi--thought i,d put in my 2 cents worth. these dd releases are the first time a north american company has bothered to do a good job on kungfu movies. i for one am totally satisfied and feel i got exactly what i was promised. hats off to dragondynasty for finally doing something right for the fans. i hope they keep up the good work (unlike IMAGE).

Guest The Running Man
If Running Man knows of releases that have better translations, then he should speak up. Or else quit bashing Dragon Dynasty.

That comment makes no sense.

Guest killer meteor

Don't try and be clever, Morgoth, it's not getting us anywhere.

If we didn't criticise flaws, we wouldn't be getting an uncut Fist Of Legend this year - at least, I hope we are!

what can i say---i love the english dubs. my only worry is if celestial will ever release the other 200 or so lost dubs they have.

Guest m burlock

If they're releasing them in groups of 4 that is. Also, when are the next 4 being released? Thank-you.

Guest m burlock

So DD is releasing 4 more SB titles this Nov.? Which ones? On what specific day in Nov. are they being released?

Guest chen lung
what can i say---i love the english dubs. my only worry is if celestial will ever release the other 200 or so lost dubs they have

They don't have all the English dubs, and there's bound to be more than that.

Guest Steve Barr

It was interesting, but I was kind of disappointed with the translation, esp. (paraphrasing):

"This was my third film"

and

"This was the first kung fu film to win an award"

Guest morgoth

Running Man, my point is that yu need to calm down. But, you decided to quote me. So what versions of these movies do you recommend over Dragon Dynasty? And what part of that question don't you understand? It's pretty simple.

And do I have to wait another 3 days for you to quote me?

Guest The Running Man

I quoted you morgoth because there was a comment after you and I wanted to make it clear that I was replying to you and to a specific comment.

As far as calming down, I don't know what I need to calm myself about. I am just mentioning there are flaws in these releases.

The only ones that should consider calming down are those that are easily getting offending that not everyone is singing praises at these discs as if we should be punished for bringing these flaws to light.

Consider, I never called these discs "horrible" "wrost ever" or anything like that. I am just pointing out things that are wrong with them for the benifit of those that care. If you don't care, then don't comment cause obviously it wasn't directed at you.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Back on subject......that classic trailer for Shaolin Mantis has to be the greatest trailer of all time!!! That wasnt even a trailer, it was a freaking presentation!

People, please dont feed the animals! ;)

Guest The Running Man
They don't have all the English dubs, and there's bound to be more than that.

I don't believe Ceslital have any, do they?

Aren't these dubs being sourced from elsewhere?

Guest killer meteor

Celestial have some for sure. But they are rather inconsistent - eg. no English dub for the Australian DVD of Spiritual Boxer but one for the UK TV broadcast

Guest raider yang
Back on subject......that classic trailer for Shaolin Mantis has to be the greatest trailer of all time!!! That wasnt even a trailer, it was a freaking presentation!

Yeah G it's unlike any trailer I've seen before and I'm wondering how the heck DD managed to get a hold of it.

Guest m burlock

bobo,

Thanks! Is the exact date for the next 4 DD SB's coming in Nov. known? Or is the month all that is known at this point?

P.S.

If you don't mind me asking, where in Ontario do you live? I live in Ottawa and didn't have to resort to the net in order to get any of the SB's films in my DVD collection.

Guest fusheng007

Celestial owns all the 35mm prints for films and trailers in their vault. DD paid extra to have them included. The wait was worth it for the original trailers alone.

Guest JustinB123

I would really like to see Dragon Dynasty put out a DVD containing all of the Shaw Bros. trailers they have access to - maybe as a bonus disc with one of their upcoming releases.

Guest venomchamber

The Japanese version of SHAOLIN MANTIS from KING RECORDS had that trailer as well. In fact, many of the Japanese releases featured the original trailers as well as interviews not found on the IVLs.

It would seem IVL isn't too fond of Bonus Features as they have come down quite a bit from their original releases.

Atleast now we have DRAGON DYNASTY to look forward to!

Hopefully, they'll add more to future releases as time goes on.

These initial 4 releases are much the best and I have found myself rewatching 'em already!

Can't wait till the next batch in November!

I can only assume that they will be chosen from among the trailers found here.

Archived