Dragon Dynasty's Shaw Brothers releases

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

it's on the 36th Chamber disc. As for the trailers, the rarest one on there is actually the one for Invincible Fist. Just for fun, anyone now why?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sevenhooks
Yes, there have been 8GB worth of original trailers released so far.

Don't forget the trailers that HAVEN'T been released "officially".

Stuff like "Sword Stained With Royal Blood", which has been floating around for a few years now but for whatever reason never made it to the Celestial disc.

Guest oldeschool17
Don't forget the trailers that HAVEN'T been released "officially".Stuff like "Sword Stained With Royal Blood", which has been floating around for a few years now but for whatever reason never made it to the Celestial disc.

Are you sure bout that one? I could have sworn I have that trailer on my copy of Sword Stained With Royal Blood... I believe i have the Deltamac copy if that makes any difference.

Guest master cheung

I bought 36th chamber of shaolin and My Young Auntie, both were excellent. however, i am dissappointed that My Young Auntie did not have the original cantonese track, even though it is evident in the original trailer on the disc. Seven, I know you said these releases were on point, what do you think of this? Linn, any thoughts as to why they would leave it off even though 36th chamber has english, cantonese and mandarin?

Guest sevenhooks
I bought 36th chamber of shaolin and My Young Auntie, both were excellent. however, i am dissappointed that My Young Auntie did not have the original cantonese track, even though it is evident in the original trailer on the disc. Seven, I know you said these releases were on point, what do you think of this?

Personally, I'm fine with it.

My main concern is and always has been for the original english dubs.

And they stand to do good business as a result of including them.

I'm sure of that.

Also, I have to imagine that for future titles, DD will fix the chinese audio issue(s).

It's too bad thay didn't get it right for MYA, but they DO seem to honestly care about such details so I have good faith that they will in fact address it.

We shall see.

Guest kungfusamurai

The only excuse I can think of for not having the Cantonese track was that it must have been damaged so badly that they didn't feel it was worth even touching up with recent voice dubbers. I noticed on Naval Commandos (I think that was the film) that the voices changed during one part of the film, from an older sounding dub to a more recent sounding audio, then switching back after a few minutes.

KFS

can you believe that up here in ontario canada these movies have been delayed to july/17. i was told that on tuesday when i went to purcase them at my regular outlet. so i immediately went home and ordered them off hkflix and had them delivered via fedex. ordered them tuesday morning and arrived to day at about 10:30 . all four of them---i,m very impressed. watched KING BOXER first--all i can say is magnificent picture and sound. although i,m a little surprised at the poor video quality of the english trailer as the redsun trailer looks better. but what the hell. anyway- LINN-a question-did you ever get that list of the rest of the IMAGE shaw tittles and which one would include the english dubs? just curious----thanks

If a better version exists of that trailer other than the one I have I'd love to include it. Otherwise I'll include the one I have.

I'm quite pleased to see the inclusion of the Shaolin Mantis trailer. I posted a link to the one on YouTube a couple weeks ago but to have it on an official release is excellent. Funny enough the dvd also has subtitles for this trailer as the burned in subs are a little hard to read and we can see a translation of the opening SHAW BROTHERS logo screen.

Guest morgoth

If you are nto a fan of Lau's comedy, I can understand why you didn't like this. I thought this was one of Lau's very best comedies. One of the more fun kung fu films I have seen in a while.

Guest Graeme Noble

This movie gets 5/5 for me. The final 30 minutes is pure Kung Fu gold, especially Lau's fight at the very end, brilliant!

I really enjoy the movie, it's strange yes, but I love it. Also Kara Hui puts in a great performance!

Linn, any thoughts as to why they would leave it off even though 36th chamber has english, cantonese and mandarin?

is it was simply a screw up. A bad one though considering most of Lau Sifu's films are Cantonese.

The only excuse I can think of for not having the Cantonese track was that it must have been damaged so

That would make sense if it wasn't on the HK disc.

LINN-a question-did you ever get that list of the rest of the IMAGE shaw tittles and which one would include the english dubs? just curious----thanks

Even if I did, I don't trust them to be correct. I think they will include the original dub track since they went to the trouble of finding them. But if they don't match the length, I don't expect them to go to the trouble of fixing it. I've not worked for Image for a while now. I quit when it was clear they couldn't really do these films justice. I just got tired of trying to get them to understand VERY simple things.

Guest oldeschool17

sevenhooks,

the deltamac release indeed includes the sword stained with royal blood trailer(the new one, not the original)

Also included on the disc(trailers) are:

-The Brave Archer 3

-Crippled Avengers

-Bat Without Wings

-Legendary Weapons of China

I find it odd that IVL didnt include it on their disc. Out of curiosity, what trailers are on the IVL disc?

Guest oldeschool17

Yes im quite aware of that, however, are you even following what me and sevenhooks are talking about?

The deltamac and ivl version are the same... the only differences is the cover art.

--------------------------

Sevenhooks:

Don't forget the trailers that HAVEN'T been released "officially".Stuff like "Sword Stained With Royal Blood", which has been floating around for a few years now but for whatever reason never made it to the Celestial disc.

oldeschool17: Are you sure bout that one? I could have sworn I have that trailer on my copy of Sword Stained With Royal Blood... I believe i have the Deltamac copy if that makes any difference.

Sevenhooks"

Maybe it's on the Deltamac version, but it's definitely not on the ILV Celestial copy I have.

oldeschoo17:

sevenhooks, the deltamac release indeed includes the sword stained with royal blood trailer(the new one, not the original) Also included on the disc(trailers) are:

-The Brave Archer 3

-Crippled Avengers

-Bat Without Wings

I find it odd that IVL didnt include it on their disc. Out of curiosity, what trailers are on the IVL disc?

Guest venom10463

Sorry about that... my miss understanding.

The trailers on the IVL SSWRB:

-The Brave Archer 3

-Crippled Avengers

-Bat Without Wings

No original trailer.

Guest oldeschool17

no worries, sorry if i came off a lil rude. I think thats incredibly lazy of IVL to not include the trailer in their own release.

Guest venomchamber

So what if the subtitles aren't retranslated, or if there is no Cantonese track!

They're in ENGLISH!

...with the classic '70s voices, not some anime redux!

I for one am grateful and quite pleased!

I can't believe this!

There's just no pleasing some people!

Now we finally have perfect ENGLISH DUBBED U.S. DVDs, with ORIGINAL TRAILERS no less, and you're still not satisfied!

If you need the Cantonese version, get the IVL or Deltamac!

Its been around for a couple years now!

I didn't know so many people on this board were fluent in Chinese, Mandarin or Cantonese.

If you know it so well, why do you need subtitles?

Be grateful for the Dragon Dynasty releases...God forbid they pull the plug on 'em!

But still, I'll bet you're all glad they removed Quentin Tarantino's face from the packaging! :rollin

Cheers!

Guest The Running Man

oldeschool17,

Yes im quite aware of that, however, are you even following what me and sevenhooks are talking about?

I was replying to a specific comment on the thread. I forgot to quote it.

venomchamber,

They're in ENGLISH!

...with the classic '70s voices, not some anime redux!

I for one am grateful and quite pleased!

Good for you.

I can't believe this!

There's just no pleasing some people!

Now we finally have perfect ENGLISH DUBBED U.S. DVDs, with ORIGINAL TRAILERS no less, and you're still not satisfied!

Those English dubs are crap and I don't care for them.

I want to hear the movies in Chinese and read subtitles that are correct. Not whatever crap they slap on.

Guest The Running Man

If you have the IVL disc, there is no reason to get the DD disc.

DD disc does not have the Cantonese track and both discs have the exact same subtitles.

Guest Mantis FIST
Someone needs to think about putting together a comp DVD of all the Shaw trailers they can find (ala the "Fistful of Trailers" DVD full of spaghetti western previews).

I was going to do this. When I posted about it here only like 3 or 4 people showed interest. So I just never did it. I have a fair share and I know others probably have more so...

Archived