• Created
  • Last Reply

I know for sure that these following have slipcases:

Hard Boiled

City of Violence

Flashpoint

Dog Bite Dog

Robbin B Hood

I am just wondering if the releases besides the Shaw Brothers have slipcases. I saw alot of releases without slipcases, but i didnt want to buy them until i knew that it should come with a slipcase.

SPL - Killzone is another one with slip case, all of the shaw so far has no slip case. Anything that comes in 2 discs has slip case.

venom10463

Without slipcases:

Tom Yum Goong

Seven Swords

Shanghai Express

Above the Law

Last Hurrah for Chivalry

PTU

Police Story

TibetanWhiteCrane

My HARD BOILED didn't have a slipcase.... depends on where you get I think!

All the 2-disc DD DVDs have a slipcase if you get one in a reasonable time frame after release date. Except, 'The Protector' and 'The Royal Tramp' collection didn't come with a slipcase (at least where I live and I went immediately on release date to look at these).

These have slipcases:

1) Killzone

2) Seven Swords

3) Born to Fight

4) Hard Boiled

5) The City of Violence

6) Dog Bite Dog

7) Robin B Hood

8 ) Fatal Contact

9)Legend of the Black Scorpian

10) Flash Point (really fancy slipcase actually)

A lot of times companies put slipcases on to verify that it is the first edition with second batches, etc. not having a slipcover. Sometimes all batches have slipcovers on DVDs just because it makes them stand out from other DVDs that don't. It's always confusing. I personally go to the store on release date for all DD DVDs to see if they have a slipcase. If they don't I'll wait to buy and if they do I buy it to makes sure I have the slipcase. Shallow? Yes. :D

daisho2004

Whatever happened to "Fist of Legend" with Jet Li? That was one of the titles I really wanted to see released?

oldeschool17
Whatever happened to "Fist of Legend" with Jet Li? That was one of the titles I really wanted to see released?

That might come out in 2050. Seriously, everybody should be use to that one not coming out anytime soon or ever.

daisho2004

Well it really is a shame that "Fist of Legend" seems to be on the back burner! But as far as newer titles coming out I'd love to see DD get "Avenging Eagles" and hopefully add the prints that were missing from Celestial's remastered version.

Shaolin Patriot

Does anybody know the next title and when? Anxiously awaiting Crippled Avengers, Five Venoms and 8 Diagram Pole Fighter.

Morgoth Bauglir

Big news on the next Dragon Dynasty release! Dragon Dynasty has teamed up with the Shaw Brothers Studio and they have made their own martial arts movie. It stars Maggie Q, Quentin Tarantino, The RZA, Bey Logan and Brett Ratner. It will feature new unique kung fu styles never seen before. It's called Dragon Dynasty: The Movie. It's hitting the shelf soon and jam packed with special features!

i believe he meant the next shaw bros release----duh.

No need to be a wiseass... you could have just ignored my answer, was there really a need for your comment? :mad: I figured it was which Shaw titles was next, but if you read his topic is just says What is the next Dragon Dynasty relase? (And yeah I know its in the Shaw topic area... all I was doing was giving some friendly information.)

Big news on the next Dragon Dynasty release! Dragon Dynasty has teamed up with the Shaw Brothers Studio and they have made their own martial arts movie. It stars Maggie Q, Quentin Tarantino, The RZA, Bey Logan and Brett Ratner. It will feature new unique kung fu styles never seen before. It's called Dragon Dynasty: The Movie. It's hitting the shelf soon and jam packed with special features!

Word is Quentin Tarantino is going to play Pai Mei!

Morgoth Bauglir

That's right. He's been training hard for over 5 years and he says he's ready this time.

Shaolin Patriot

In other words, nobody can answer my question. Yes, it was for the next SB release. Hope we don't have to wait another year to see two more releases.

I doubt DD will be releasing any more SB releases this year. They have other titles they're focusing on releasing. I wouldn't hold my breath on them releasing those SB titles anytime soon. Probably won't hear any news till 09'.

That is funny :D

Archived