Dragon Dynasty's Shaw Brothers releases

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

in case anyone is interested HKFLIX now has SHAOLIN CHALLENGES NINJA and COME DRINK WITH ME annouced on their site. april 8/2008--with english and mandarin sound tracks.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Righteous Master

I am with you Iron_Jinon. You can not trust the release dates of DD films. I am STILL waiting to hear more about the DD Fist of Legend and Tai Chi Master releases.

Chinatown Kid

I hope they do too, Heroes of the East is a lot better title. I wish they would use all the orginal titles like they did with King Boxer and Thirty Sixth Chamber of Shaolin.

^I guess on marketing issue shaolin challenges ninja or master killer might get more attention

Also, being as how when the movies came out here they had those titles!

Guest Markgway

Yeah, but a lot of people who buy these DVDs won't have even been born when those films came out in the USA, so they wouldn't care much. It's more important to preserve the original titles. I guess they could mention on the packaging "aka: Shaolin Challenges Ninja" if they absolutely have to, but leave the film itself alone.

I can't wait for the next 2 DD Shaw Brother's releases. I have been waiting for Shaolin Challenges Ninja (Heroes of the Eat) for a very long time!!

I can't wait for the next 2 DD Shaw Brother's releases. I have been waiting for Shaolin Challenges Ninja (Heroes of the Eat) for a very long time!!

I've had the IVL DVD since it first came out, hopefully we'll get some new shit on the DD release :D Still gotta wait til April though !:mad:!

I emailed Bey Logan to ask about new translations for the subs. He seemed surprised to hear that the Celestial subs had any spelling/grammatical errors. I also told him that he needs to to a commentary with Linn for Heroes from the East!

Righteous Master
Pity he couldn't persuade Lau to do an interview.

Still, I'm sure Bey's commentary will be great.

Yeah, it would have been really cool to have Lau more involved with this and other upcoming projects. Kind of makes you wonder why Lau could not contribute more? I hope this means that he is really busy working on his film.

Bey told me in an email that it was hard to get through to Lau Sifu. He said he'd get Gordon for an upcoming interview though (I believe for Heroes), when I suggested interviewing LKL, LKW and Gordon for any films that featured the 3 of them. Righteous Master, I hope so too...

I was hoping for some sort of extra with Lau Sifu....but getting Gordon Liu is just as good. Also they did get an extra with Lau Kar Wing and it was a great interview.

Just heard that the translations from the new wave of Shaw releases will be improved on. Signs & banners will now be translated. There will be also be Bey Logan commentary on the disc.

Cheers

h

TibetanWhiteCrane
There will be also be Bey Logan commentary on the disc.

Cheers

h

Oh sweet Buddha.....:D:D

No more RZA or Tarantino..... dare I dream!

It would appear that they are going with the original title!

Great, hopefully there'll be no more RZA and Andy "I don't know who that guy is" Klein on any further discs.

Righteous Master
I was hoping for some sort of extra with Lau Sifu....but getting Gordon Liu is just as good. Also they did get an extra with Lau Kar Wing and it was a great interview.

Sounds great to me. I will take a interview with Gordon Liu anyday.

Great, hopefully there'll be no more RZA and Andy "I don't know who that guy is" Klein on any further discs.

I thought his commentary was quite entertaining. What did you not like about the Rza's commentary, if I may ask?

Archived