Dragon Dynasty's Shaw Brothers releases

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest Stuntman Jules
Remind me what was un-PC/inaccurate about Boxer Rebellion.

I've forgotten... all I remember is that I really liked it as a film.

Who's the frosty faced lady in your avatar?

Basically, the film depicts the Chinese are total victims of the Boxer Rebellion and the Japanese and Germans, toward the end of the movie, turn Peking into a Nanking-like hellzone where they go around randomly raping and killing people. That did not happen.

And the lady in my avatar is the lovely Elke Sommer in Mario Bava's Lisa and the Devil.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the lady in my avatar is the lovely Elke Sommer in Mario Bava's Lisa and the Devil.

I'm about to watch this tonight, just got the Bava Boxset Vol 2.:cool:

I'm sorry, I know this has bugger all to do with shaws so..back on track folks! :D

Guest gfanikf
Basically, the film depicts the Chinese are total victims of the Boxer Rebellion and the Japanese and Germans, toward the end of the movie, turn Peking into a Nanking-like hellzone where they go around randomly raping and killing people. That did not happen.

Keep in mind the movie is HEAVILY critical of the royal court, Boxer leaders who were nothing, but shams which got Cheng Cheh into a lot of trouble in Taiwan.

Guest Shaolin Patriot
Outside of 5 Venoms and Crippled Avengers, the absence of Venom films from this list is pretty alarming.

Is it possible that there could be a fourth distributor that has picked up the majority of Venoms titles and plans to market them that way? After all, Linn did say that there were at least two other distibutors that were looking into the SB titles.

Guest Kung Foolery

What does this list mean exactly? Does DD actually plan on releasing these titles? Or are these the ones they can choose from??

Guest Iron_Jinon

038 Monkey kung fu. Director, John Lo Mar.<==this one I really want and so far tracking it down has failed.rest own already or not interested.

Guest Stuntman Jules

So I guess they don't own Bamboo House of Dolls or The Sexy Killer. I'd love if Media Blasters picked those two gems up for their Exploitation Digital line or Discotech released them.

Is there any word on when the Shaw Brothers titles that were originally slated for November will be coming out? I haven't heard or seen any new update on this.

Thanks for your help

Morgoth Bauglir

I have never seen Come Drink With Me. if DD puts it out I will have to get it. 4 months is a long time to wait, but I will try to make it:)

Thanks for the info.

I was hoping that Eight Diagram Pole Fighter was going to be in the next Shaw Brothers line up but if I have to settle for these two awesome movies....then so be it. :D

They are releasing Crippled Avengers as there is a segment from it in a dragon dynasty trailer on their website, i guess it will also include an interview with Philip Kwok as they got an interview from him for Hard Boiled.

I have never seen Come Drink With Me. if DD puts it out I will have to get it. 4 months is a long time to wait, but I will try to make it:)

Thanks for the info.

Morgoth, you haven't seen this classic? Man, what are you waiting for? If you had any love for King Hu's Touch of Zen, this is on that level, with better performances, and Chang Pei-Pei's Golden Swallow is a great character.

When you view this film, you get the feel of what Stephen Chow was attempting with Kung Fu Hustle, down to the musical score...

:)

Morgoth Bauglir

Don't tell anybody but I haven't seen Touch of Zen either:o I am a big roc Tien fan, so I am gonna have to check it out.

Whoever is picking which shaw titles will be released is doing a damn good job. Probably Tarantino.

Definately Tarantino, I've heard him mention Shaws several times, even on the Iron Monkey commentary :D

Don't tell anybody but I haven't seen Touch of Zen either:o I am a big roc Tien fan, so I am gonna have to check it out.

Wow Morgoth! You must see both of these! Touch of Zen I think was originally a two part movie, the first half sets it up, the bamboo forest fight scene will be remade forever!

Archived