Dragon Dynasty's Shaw Brothers releases

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

001 Come drink with me

002 Shaolin temple.

010 The eight diagram pole fighter. Director, Liu Chia-liang.

015 Flying guillotine 2. Directors, Cheng Kang & Hua Shan.

029 Blood Brothers. Director, Chang Cheh.

031 The five venoms. Director, Chang Cheh.

036 Heroes of the East. Director, Liu Chia-liang.

039 Boxer rebellion. Director, Chang Cheh.

Cool!! :cool:

Guest gfanikf
001 Come drink with me

002 Shaolin temple.

029 Blood Brothers. Director, Chang Cheh.

031 The five venoms. Director, Chang Cheh.

036 Heroes of the East. Director, Liu Chia-liang.

039 Boxer rebellion. Director, Chang Cheh.

Cool!! :cool:

Some of the titles they picked were odd, Boxer Rebellion and Seven Man Army. I love both of those flicks though so I'm happy!

Guest gfanikf
Outside of 5 Venoms and Crippled Avengers, the absence of Venom films from this list is pretty alarming.

Well remember the titles Media Blasters got, IIRC they have some decent Venoms flicks.

Guest gfanikf
Interesting to see they also have Painted Faces.

How about the Ann Hui films, I'm surprised to see them there. Interesting Kid with the Golden Arms is not on the list.

Guest Morgoth

Oh man this is sweet. I really hope they release Avenging Eagle, Shaolin Mantis, Flying Guillotine 1 and 2... I can't name all the titles I want to see them release. Now the question is, when are these coming out?

Guest raider yang

Wow yeah there's a # of titles that are questionable (i.e dramas) as to why those but I'm excited to see Shaolin Mantis and Shaolin Avengers on that list.

Thanks for the hookup gfanikf!

Guest gfanikf
Wow yeah there's a # of titles that are questionable (i.e dramas) as to why those but I'm excited to see Shaolin Mantis and Shaolin Avengers on that list.

Thanks for the hookup gfanikf!

Sure thing. I'm happy this is of use to a lot of people. I was a bit surprised when I found it myself :)

Guest Daigoro

Excuse me, im kind of new to dragon dynasty. i have a couple questions. insofar have dragon

dynasty been releasing shaws with english dub along with original cantonese or mandarin?

What about commentary is bey logan doing all the commmetary on those discs or is there

someone else doing it. Actors etc? I havent been collecting them. Luckily they are releasing

them here in the states so at least it's easy to go and pick one up.

Also i saw ''Victim'' on the Dragon Dynasty list. Just below Skinny tiger fatty dragon (just above

the shaw titles) On that list are they reffering to the classic by Sammo hung ''The Victim'' with

Leung Kar Yan & Chang Yi? Yahoo! Yes! If that's true i will be so glad.

well ---congrats--- i found this list months ago at the LOC--though i only revealed a few TITLES here and there. my concern is what about movies like DELIGHTFUL FOREST--DUEL OF THE IRON FIST and KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARMS to name a few. i would have skipped some of those dramas and taken these classics instead(oh yeah-LIFE COMBAT as well).

Guest gfanikf
well ---congrats--- i found this list months ago at the LOC--though i only revealed a few TITLES here and there. my concern is what about movies like DELIGHTFUL FOREST--DUEL OF THE IRON FIST and KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARMS to name a few. i would have skipped some of those dramas and taken these classics instead(oh yeah-LIFE COMBAT as well).

I guess Dragon Dynasty doesn't have them simple as that. In theory that means others could license it.

Guest venom10463
Excuse me, im kind of new to dragon dynasty. i have a couple questions. insofar have dragon

dynasty been releasing shaws with english dub along with original cantonese or mandarin?

What about commentary is bey logan doing all the commmetary on those discs or is there

someone else doing it. Actors etc? I havent been collecting them. Luckily they are releasing

them here in the states so at least it's easy to go and pick one up.

Also i saw ''Victim'' on the Dragon Dynasty list. Just below Skinny tiger fatty dragon (just above

the shaw titles) On that list are they reffering to the classic by Sammo hung ''The Victim'' with

Leung Kar Yan & Chang Yi? Yahoo! Yes! If that's true i will be so glad.

So far Dragon Dyansty have included all three language track if available. They didn't include the Cantonose audio on My Young Auntie, which was a real shame. But I got over it real fast for the English dub and I have the IVL.

Bey Logan didn't do audio commentary on the 4 shaw releases and I doubt he even will. If i recall correctly on kff, someone stated that Bey stoped doing the commentaries on Celestial's dvds because his history isn't too good on Shaw Bros.

I hope Dragon Dynasty have the English dubs for these titles:

001 Come drink with me (not remake) Director, Hu King-Chuan.

004 Killer clans. Director, Chu Yuan.

005 Disciples of the 36th chamber. Director, Liu Chia-liang.

016 Golden swallow. Director, Chang Cheh.

018 Crazy Shaolin disciples. Director, Yau Ka-hung.

019 Return of the one-armed swordsman. Director, Chang Cheh.

Guest Morgoth
I grew up watching SB with English Dub so I would prefer to watch them that way now as well.

It is nice to have a choice. Thank God for Dragon Dynasty.

i,m not 100% sure but i believe they have the english dubs to at least all the kungfu movies--- which means we get a chance to see some rare titles (INVINCIBLE FIST-GOLDEN SWALLOW etc). now all we need are some release dates. this is why i,m not to worried about the PM release of KILLER CLANS as most of the UK shaws are on DD list.

Guest gfanikf
Some, not all.

Plus I wonder if Boxer Rebellion EVER got a full dub because of the political issues surrounding it. Heck, a full Mandarin version didn't come out till 2005!

Guest will91XingYu

I'd love to see Disciples of 36th Chamber, i lent it to my friend and he left our kung fu school so i never got it back along with Flag of iron! Hopefully dragon dynasty will get an interview with my boy Hsiao Ho!

Guest Markgway
So far Dragon Dyansty have included all three language track if available. They didn't include the Cantonose audio on My Young Auntie, which was a real shame.

A major disappointment for me. As that's the one of the initial batch I wanted most!!

Mandarin tracks seem to be no problem, so it's really the Cantonese films that provide the potential worry.

005 Disciples of the 36th chamber. Director, Liu Chia-liang.

009 Mad monkey kung fu. Director, Liu Chia-liang.

013 My young auntie. Director, Liu Chia-liang.

017 Return to the 36th chamber. Director, Liu Chia-ling.

018 Crazy Shaolin disciples. Director, Yau Ka-hung.

026 Clan of the white lotus. Director, Lo Lieh.

030 Behind the yellow line. Director, Taylor Wong.

032 Painted faces. Director, Alex Law.

033 Love in a fallen city. Director, Ann Hui.

035 Buddha's palm. Director, Taylor Wong.

038 Monkey kung fu. Director, John Lo Mar.

040 Dirty Ho. Director, Liu Chia-liang.

041 Look out, officer! Director, Liu Shih-yu.

042 The mad monk. Director, Johnnie To.

047 Justice, my foot. Director, Johnnie To.

048 Hero. Director, Corey Yuen.

049 Out of the dark. Director, Jeff Lau.

050 Starry is the night. Director, Ann Hui.

Guest Stuntman Jules
Plus I wonder if Boxer Rebellion EVER got a full dub because of the political issues surrounding it. Heck, a full Mandarin version didn't come out till 2005!

So I'm not the only one who thinks that Boxer Rebellion is hilariously politically incorrect and historically inaccurate, eh?

Guest Markgway

Remind me what was un-PC/inaccurate about Boxer Rebellion.

I've forgotten... all I remember is that I really liked it as a film.

Who's the frosty faced lady in your avatar?

Archived