Which actor has been a Bad Guy The Most on screen

WhiteTiger1

I know there are many that have played the part as a Bad Guy. But who has done it the most?? I remember a post back a few years ago that stated that Shun-Yee Yuen played bad guy the most, I just want to clarify on this post.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

Some of my best bets would be Hwang Jang Lee, Bolo, Chiang Tao, and Chen Sing. Those dudes almost always played villains.

First guy that came to mind was Chang Yi. Then Pillip Ko and Lo Lieh.

I'm pretty much with you, but here's my list!

1) Philip Ko, he's done soooooooooooooo many I can't keep track!

2) Hwang Jang Lee, I don't think he's ever played good guy that came across real, and because of that he will forever been know as the king of the bad guy superkickers! Kind of long-wided, but all the same true :D

3) Lo Lieh, synonymous with bad guy :mad:

I'm thinking it's Chang Yi and Hwang Jang-Lee who gets that title. HJL I've seen as the good guy in not even a handful of films. Chang Yi is definitely a classic villain actor. I'd also say Bolo Yeung (I think Shootfighter 1 & 2, Tiger Claws II, and TC 2000 were the only films I can think of where he was the good guy), Philip Ko, and Lo Lieh.

Lu Feng was mosyly a bad guy, so was Chang Shan. Chu Ko of the baby venoms was mostly a bad guy, his best performances were baddies in Masked Avengers and Secret Rivals 3.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Dick Wei.... but he actually had some good guy roles at Shaws...! But in the 80´s he was the 'go to' badguy!

Xing Yu was a badass in Flashpoint! He's been a villain in Fatal Contact and in a bunch of tv stuff, and he's my personal fav on screen fighter so i had to put him in.:D

chang yi has been villain in numerous movies....his wizard hat and funny shoes in "eagles claw" and extremely coolness in "10 brothers of shaolin" made quite impact for me.

has to be either… lo lieh, chen sing, dick wei, phillip ko, johnny wang, chia yung liu, chang yi, shun-yee yuen, hark-on fung, hwang jang lee, chiang tao, eddy ko, or lung fei

has to be either… lo lieh, chen sing, dick wei, phillip ko, johnny wang, chia yung liu, chang yi, shun-yee yuen, hark-on fung, hwang jang lee, chiang tao, eddy ko, or lung fei

Yeah, I'm still with Jang Lee.

Morgoth Bauglir

What about Ku Feng? hkcinemagic has him listed as being in 304 movies. But probably only half of those are bad guy roles. Later in his career he had a lot more good guy roles. Lo Lieh was a bad guy probably about 80% of the time. Hwang was a bad guy about 95% of the time.

Also Lung Fei. Like 90-95% of his movies he played a bad guy.

i'd say about 250 movies for ku feng, but he played a lot of good guy and bit roles like you said, but maybe i dunno.. it'd take somebody really taking a look at the roles of say ku feng and lo lieh because they worked on several movies at a time to see who holds the most villian roles.. if lo lieh wasn't sick for so many years and passed the way he did there's no telling how many movies he would've been in.. lung fei was probably in as many as hwang..

ironfistedmonk

HJL didn't make anywhere near as many movies as Lung Fei, this guy was a bad guy in virtually all of his movies and I can only think of 1 off the top of my head where he wasn't the villain (Dream Sword).

It's a toss up between Lo Lieh and Lung Fei for me at the minute, not including obscure stuntmen who played lackeys getting offed every week in a different movie

Morgoth Bauglir
HJL didn't make anywhere near as many movies as Lung Fei, this guy was a bad guy in virtually all of his movies and I can only think of 1 off the top of my head where he wasn't the villain (Dream Sword).

It's a toss up between Lo Lieh and Lung Fei for me at the minute, not including obscure stuntmen who played lackeys getting offed every week in a different movie

Lung Fei played a good guy in Born Invincible, and he was a good guy in One Armed Boxer:p:p;)

Archived