The Killer Snakes (1974)

bobo

in case anyone is interested a VHS copy of KILLER SNAKES --with english dub is up for grabs on ebay--its from something weird video.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i bought KILLER SNAKES on saturday(came out early here) and yes it does have the english dubs. picture and sound quality not as good as DEADLY BREAKING SWORD but most likely the best it ever will be. weird movie--i,m not a real fan of shaw horror movies--i much prefer their martial arts movies-- but thats just my opinion.

Morgoth Bauglir

I hated Black Magic and I loved Boxer's Omen. Can anyone recommend this movie to me? If its crazy enough I will check it out.

Guest malahat

It's more a psycho thriller than a supernatural sci-fi fantasy. Far more gritty and realistic, and creepier. The snakes would be real, not CGI ones since this is a 1975 production.

So I picked this up earlier tonight. The eng dub is pretty bad. Which leads me to wonder why they did not include it on heaven and hell. Seems I read here that they said they could not get a good source. Well KS wasnt that good?... Ohh well.

Movie looks interesting.

Cheers!

Morgoth Bauglir
Morgoth

Best Buy rarely has smaller titles on release day/week. At least that been my experience with the two in my area.

From what I have seen at the best Buy I go to, they either have it on the release date, or they never carry it at all. I will have to look for it somewhere else.

best buy never has them out here. I had to go about 40 miles round trip to get any of the image releases.

I forgot to mention that the eng dub also contains some of the chinese dub as the eng version must have been cut?

was the version released by something weird video uncut english dubbed? Getting to my above post I wonder was there ever an uncut english dubbed version released?

was the version released by something weird video uncut english dubbed? Getting to my above post I wonder was there ever an uncut english dubbed version released?

No, the SW print was not uncut. As a matter of fact, it was missing something like 15 minutes of footage cut for the US release. But it did have two or three small scenes not on the HK DVD. What Image wanted to do was strike a new master from Celestial that included all the footage and then use the dub from SW video release, which I'm guessing they did. Why they could do this and not do it with the other films I gave them dubs for, I don't know.

Image is the exclusive distributor of Mike Vraney's SOMETHING WEIRD VIDEO brand, so Image had immediate access to the English dub right from the start with absolutely no effort at all on their part. I'm sure they planned to do KILLER SNAKES in English before they secured the deal with Celestial.

Its not really gory, just twisted and perverted!

as far as gore and violence goes the answer is no. its not even as gory or violent as most of the shaw kungfu movies at the time. most of the violence and gore is against all the real snakes they slaughtered for this movie.

Mark Pollard

THE KILLER SNAKES

Movie Review:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/?p=1438

Image Entertainment DVD review:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/?p=1428

Venonchamber sums up the film pretty well by calling it twisted and perverted. I also agree with mantis FIST, I couldn't listen to the English dub that Image provided as it sounded awful. I might have anyway had I recognized the voice talent but it must have been recorded by a different crew. Not surprising, given the genre.

mantis FIST

yeah mark the eng dub sounded very weird! In fact, most of the image releases have bad quality english audio.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah some of the English dubs sound bad. Inframan and Black Magic are the ones I can think of right now. MAgic Blade is decent. Deadly Breaking sword and Legendary Weapons of China sound good.

Archived