Two Films That Surprised Me

Elvis Mantis

Avenging Warriors of Shaolin--Had not seen it in years, and forgot that it's one of my top 5 favorites--it's non-stop. I think I like it better than Crippled Avengers. Wonder why it doesn't get the credit/props from people?

The Young Vagabond--Absolutely loved it. This shows that comedy can be really funny in these films, Gordon Liu is great, and hilarious. This movie also has most of the Shaw bros. big stars in it. I whole-heartedly recommend this to Shaw Bros. fans.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

I prefer it to Crippled Avengers too, don't get me wrong CA is a great movie but the action is too acrobatic for me whereas Shaolin Rescuers goes a bit more hardcore and I love any Shaolin vs Wu Tang story.

Avenging Warriors, seems to get right into establishing the main characters are Kung Fu heroes searching for ways to put their skills to task. The fact they are always challenging each other and practicing,then when their cause is revealed, they forge full steam on into the fray. Crippled Avengers' story is mired in revenge from the villian's tragedy early on, thru the title's main characters plotting their revenge.

Anytime you have the Venoms, it's a showcase for something, however, it is determined on what you like from them when it comes down to it... Weapons, acrobatics, shapes, training, principals, etc. .

BTW, some people may not know--Avenging Warriors of Shaolin is another name for Shaolin Rescuers, recently released.:)

Morgoth Bauglir

Indeed he does shine, but he still gets less fight time than the other main characters. Just something you come to expect when watching Venoms movies. and in House of Traps he doesn't fight at all!:eek:

Indeed he does shine, but he still gets less fight time than the other main characters. Just something you come to expect when watching Venoms movies. and in House of Traps he doesn't fight at all!:eek:

yet the cover makes you think he does!

http://img2.hkflix.com/images2/screens/i/ivl109348_01.jpg

im quite suprised alot of you guys liked this film more than crippled avengers. maybe the nostalgia factor is why i like crippled avengers more.

Morgoth Bauglir

Next thing you are going to tell me is that you like Flag of iron more than Avenging Warriors:p:p

Just kidding. Avenging warriors is my favorite venoms movie, so it is nice to see other people talk about it as highly as I do.

Next thing you are going to tell me is that you like Flag of iron more than Avenging Warriors:p:p

Just kidding. Avenging warriors is my favorite venoms movie, so it is nice to see other people talk about it as highly as I do.

lol. well......

gravedigger666

I think young vagabond was not so good.Most of time I was close to fall azzzzzz but end fight is so good and savage so it left positive impression anyway.

I wasn't really big on The Young Vagabond. It was entertaining with a great ending and it's one of those movies that no one would have seen unless they could track down a 4th generation vhs copy. Sometimes, there's a reason no one ever hears of these movies.

I'm actually not a big fan of Shaolin Rescuers. Like Kid with the Golden Arm, I wasn't that into the fights. I'll take Flag of Iron or Magnificent Ruffians over it any day since I enjoy the action in those two more.

The Young Vagabond--Absolutely loved it. This shows that comedy can be really funny in these films, Gordon Liu is great, and hilarious. This movie also has most of the Shaw bros. big stars in it. I whole-heartedly recommend this to Shaw Bros. fans.

I would not rate it fully as comedy. It starts as one but there is quite big bodycount and movie gets serious later on.

Yes, gordon liu is great , as almost always he is.

Archived