help with movie part 1

mantis FIST

Hi all. I am looking for some help finding a movie. I have some of the lines and I hope someone can identify it from that.

"The Heart is the general, The eyes are the scouts, the fists are the arrows, the body is the bone. all movements have to be natural. wrists must be strong and the fingers powerful. Fast hard kicks. a good firm stance. avoid the enemies strong point. Eagle claw!"

Thanks!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is not related, but please email me your mailing address. Looks like theres been issues with the PM system on here. email is: oldeschool17 at yahoo dot com(obviously change it when you actually email me. thanks!)

I am 99% sure that is from Jade Claw.

I will look into it. Thanks a bunch for providing a hint. I'm trying to identify the samples from the new wu tang disc. I know some but not this one. Also trying to find the sample from 'campfire.'

I started to watch jade claw the other nite and fell asleep.

I got this from hkflix and it sounds like you may indeed be correct.

"...Billy is seriously injured during the attack, motivating the old cook to teach him Shadow Eagle Claw, a new technique designed to defeat Jen and his lackeys. After rigorous training, Billy is ready to confront the deadly Phoenix Eye Fist."

Cheers!

Yeah that was the film. Right when Simon Yuen Teaches Billy Chong the Shadow Eagle Style is where the sample comes from.

How about this one:

Today I'll talk about kindness

Justice, faith and kindness

I want you to listen carefully

Kindness and faith, are the foundation

Without them, we can't become good people

And with justice, we know we can lead a good life

And how can I be a good man then, eh?

Well, first of all, you have to practice honesty

Uhmm...

Keep your temper, never lose control of yourself

Keep control...

Be patient, if you learn to do these things, you can master anything

Or this one:

A good friend, holds his drink

Bad company makes bad wine!

Drinking among friends

Red wine means a good life

A few drinks bring comfort

Two drinks are enough

Money can't buy courage

Riches mean nothing to us

Brilliant, a display of genius

Thanks again!

mantis FIST

Yeah I guess I should have updated this thread. It was indeed Jade Claw aka Crystal Fist.

Please someone tell me they can help me with my other thread...I have been searching for this sample for more than 2 years...Come on guys I have always been able to find wu-tang samples I did not know on this site. Someone HAS to know this...?

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8611

One of the others you listed is from Dance of the Drunken Mantis with Simon Yuen and Hwang Jang Lee

mantis FIST
One of the others you listed is from Dance of the Drunken Mantis with Simon Yuen and Hwang Jang Lee

Really? I watched it but I must have missed it. Did not sound like the same voices. I guess I will have to re-watch it. Does anyone know if Dance of the Drunken Mantis has more than one English dub?

Thanks Chingdog

mantis FIST

Just watched this movie, and none of those samples I listed come from Dance of the Drunken Mantis. Thanks Chingdog.

Come one someone has to know these. Anyone at least have some ideas?

Cheers!

hmmm...maybe you are right....I will need to go back and check....thought when they sat at table together they said this but after I read it close again it doesn't fit with the scene

mantis FIST
hmmm...maybe you are right....I will need to go back and check....thought when they sat at table together they said this but after I read it close again it doesn't fit with the scene

Yeah, That would be the most likely place for it to be. Alas, no dice. Thanks! Do you have any other ideas as to what movie it could be?

mantis FIST

See the other thread. It was writing kung fu. I watched it last night!

Thanks for all the help chingdog. I am hoping to get a LBX or W/S version from ebay.

Cheers!

Archived