Broken Path (2007) - From the stunt team behind Drive and Special Forces

Youal

Drunken Monk
If they could have gotten more of a budget they could have done so much more.

I'm not sure why you would think that. Budget wouldn't necessarily make the fights any less boring for you.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone ever found this movie in a region 1 release? I've been waiting forever to watch it

I guess theres the Amazon one where they make the DVD as & when ordered but I do wonder about the legitimacy of that release.

I looked on amazon but it said it was out of stock. I've been searching the Internet for days trying to find this one. Everyone tells me broken path is a classic and a must see!

I looked on amazon but it said it was out of stock. I've been searching the Internet for days trying to find this one. Everyone tells me broken path is a classic and a must see!

You can rent it from You Tube for four bucks...

One Armed Boxer
On 8/19/2010 at 12:42 PM, LABraddah said:

Many thanks to you "Broken Path" fans. Though this was a very difficult shoot for all of us, we really enjoyed working on something that we thought the action fans would get a kick from.

We shot Broken Path in a small town a couple hours North of Dallas and when I say it was a labor of love...let me tell you...working in 100+degree heat (38+ degree C for anyone else outside of the US)during the summer for 2 weeks, fighting heat exhaustion and heat stroke...I can't be more proud to have worked on a project such as Broken Path. Even more so than many of the big budget films I've worked on. There's something to be said about the camaraderie of working w/ friends. We've all worked together since the Power Ranger days and jumping back into the saddle (so to speak) felt really good. Koichi's genius never ceases to amaze me, not just in his choreography, but his skill as a director. What you see on film, most of the action shots were done in one take. That's the plus side of working w/ people who know each other's energy and timing.

A couple tidbits to wet your appetite that never made any outtakes.

1. Tadahiro Nakamura's high fall was a mistake. He was supposed to land on the couch. We measured the distance of his arc from the top balcony but just prior to shooting the fall, Tadahiro wanted the couch closer. Take a closer look at the fall, his shoulder clips the couch and actually makes him hit the ground harder. One take!!! It took him an hour to shake it off but he was right back into the swing of things, fighting even more as we filmed later in the day.

2. Johnny Bosch gets thrown into a corner shelf. He split the back of his head on the 2nd or 3rd take. He continued the shot after knocking his head against it and when Koichi yelled cut, Johnny touched the back of his head and showed us the blood on his hand. He went to the doctor, got stitched up, and came back later in the day to fight more.

3. My first fight w/ Johnny in the bedroom. He gives me multiple right crosses that sends me to the wall. On his 3rd punch, he actually clocked my jaw. Ouch! But at least I couldn't fake the reaction. hahaha

Anyway...just wanted to give all of you a shout out and thank you for support. Makes us feel good to know you enjoyed our little project. On another note, keep your eyes peeled for several future projects slated with Mark Dacascos starring...they'll be just as enjoyable and action packed as Drive.

Cheers,

Sonny Sison

"Jiro - The Blue Masked Assassin"

Broken Path

I know there's still a lot of fans of this movie out there, so for anyone interested, I recently sat down with Jiro himself, Sonny Sison, for a chat about his recent experience of working with Erik Matti on 'Buy Bust', and of course....'Broken Path'.:smile  Check it out here - 

http://cityonfire.com/following-the-broken-path-an-interview-with-sonny-sison/

A fantastic movie I'm gonna check out your interview and then straight up to the attic and dig out my DVD of this fight fest (that's if I can find it)

I finally saw this, and OMG, what a fight fest! I can't rave enough about it....Please do something like this again, or find a way to release this on proper dvd or blu-ray.

One Armed Boxer
8 hours ago, daman77 said:

Please do something like this again, or find a way to release this on proper dvd or blu-ray.

It has a DVD release in the UK under the title 'Broken Fist'.

kingofkungfu2002
9 hours ago, MonkeyFu said:

There is also a German bluray release of this movie under the title Attack of the Yakuza.

I've heard the German release is cut.

Archived