Broken Path (2007) - From the stunt team behind Drive and Special Forces

Youal

One Armed Boxer
Hellbinders is rubbish.

You can get here in Australia for $5.00!

And that is Australian dollars too.

I'll trade you Hellbinders for Broken Path

Ha ha....thanks for the offer but I'll give it a miss!

Really though....Hellbinders is rubbish!? I was going to give it a purchase based on the reviews like these one's which basically say, like Broken Path, it's an action fest -

http://http://midnightshowing.com/2009/09/hellbinders-2009-review/

http://http://bladesofwrath.tumblr.com/post/341946537/hellbinders

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just picked this up on dvd on Ebay :bigsmile: Can't wait to check it out :nerd:

ebay? whenever I've checked I've found NONE anywhere....lucky sod (not jealous much honest!)

tell us what the picture/audio quality is like! I'm thinking of biting the bullett with the amazon uk listing, crazy expensive but I want to own a copy.

kingofkungfu2002
ebay? whenever I've checked I've found NONE anywhere....lucky sod (not jealous much honest!)

Yeah, a UK seller put it on there the other day, and I persuaded him to put a 'Buy It Now' price on it for me :xd:

Cost me £14 but hopefully it'll be worth it. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250576226980&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

One Armed Boxer
They have worked together again, on last years 'Hellbinders'...a supernatural action movie with Ray Park as the main star...although like 'Broken Path' is only available in South Africa, it looks like 'Hellbinders' is only available in Germany!

For anyone that's interested, I have to eat my words regarding this comment (& also as toomany pointed out...Australia), a US release for this movie has just been announced -

http://www.amazon.com/Hellbinders-Ac3-Ray-Park/dp/B0038M5VTC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1267206849&sr=1-1

excuse my french but fuck Hellbinders...where's Broken Path on a Western DVD release?

fucking brilliant MA movie with no western DVD release. it's so wrong!!!!!!!

One Armed Boxer
excuse my french but fuck Hellbinders

Excused....blue_skies have you seen 'Extreme Heist/Wicked Game'? It is also from the Alpha Stunts team starring Jonny Yong Bosch & directed by Koichi Sakamoto, from back in 2002.

It features action similar to 'Broken Path', with an extra emphasis on falls and car stunts, although be warned it looks like it was filmed using a home video camera, so don't expect spectacular picture or sound quality...but the action more than makes up for that.

It can still be tracked down on DVD, & may temporarily curb your anger at the lack of a western 'Broken Path' release!

Excused....blue_skies have you seen 'Extreme Heist/Wicked Game'? It is also from the Alpha Stunts team starring Jonny Yong Bosch & directed by Koichi Sakamoto, from back in 2002.

It features action similar to 'Broken Path', with an extra emphasis on falls and car stunts, although be warned it looks like it was filmed using a home video camera, so don't expect spectacular picture or sound quality...but the action more than makes up for that.

It can still be tracked down on DVD, & may temporarily curb your anger at the lack of a western 'Broken Path' release!

no not seen.... is that 2 movies or 1 movie different names?

The Running Man

One movie, two different names.

"Extreme Heist" was the name given in the US.

"Wicked Game" is the original name of the movie and how it's known outside of the US. The phrase "wicked game" is said at one point in the dialog of the movie.

One movie, two different names.

"Extreme Heist" was the name given in the US.

"Wicked Game" is the original name of the movie and how it's known outside of the US. The phrase "wicked game" is said at one point in the dialog of the movie.

cheers , I'll add it to my wanted list !

I just watched "Broken Path" again and I have been equally impressed yet again. Us fans really need to find a way to get this film released in the UK/US! The other day I really, really enjoyed Bangkok adrenaline but damn Broken Path is something else!

The sheer intensity, brutality is completely riveting even watching a second time. I'm sure as I said before there's a lack of flair but the fight sequences are truly engaging, gripping, powerful and highly exciting.

The film certainly is worthy of release even if only available as a bare bones DVD. It's definitely one of the best and intense martial-arts films I've seen. I highly recommend this, however you manage to see it.:xd:

blue_skies have you seen 'Extreme Heist/Wicked Game'? It is also from the Alpha Stunts team starring Jonny Yong Bosch & directed by Koichi Sakamoto, from back in 2002.

SyeBcJZv-MI

SyeBcJZv-MI

DiV8twFzTp0

DiV8twFzTp0

DAMN! Looks good if really low budget. I hope I have some spare cash really soon!!!

Drunken Monk

If there are people who are legitimate fans of the film who wish to buy it but aren't sure because they haven't seen it, I will happily upload it in avi format.

Just send me a PM if you want it.

I don't typically do this but I feel that there are a lot of trustworthy, honorable members here who just want to see it and won't run around bootlegging it at every turn.

One Armed Boxer

I actually ordered `Special Forces` off amazon.com today, it`s been long overdue that I`ve wanted to check out this movie...and I figured it`ll be a nice warm-up to raise the anticipation for the release of `Undisputed III`...this along with ordering 13 Joy Sales Legendary Collection titles & `Fire of Conscience`, it`s going to be a busy couple of movie watching months!

This is an amazing martial arts film. Everything a fan hopes to see in a movie of this genre. It's the horror film of martial arts! What scary does for horror, this does for action in fight choreography! Nonstop! The amount of fights, with a keen storyline along the way is a no stop shop for all we have been missing over the last decade. Definitely a collector's item of the genre no doubt.

I doubt we will see another like it.

It's only available on South African region 2.

Someone is selling it on Amazon UK but it's available at a hefty premium!

Fucking amazing film though. Every martial-arts fan should own a copy... But it so damned expensive you're probably best seeing it by "alternative" sources

Also I would recommend checking out extreme heist aka wicked Game also starring Johnny Yong Bosch. It's not as polished or as intense but it's a very good low-budget martial-arts action film that really delivers on the action!:xd::xd:

I enjoyed it but I wish the film wasn't so over the top. The sound effects, under cranking, and excessive flips were taking me out of the drama that the JYB and his wife were in.

I actually saw the film on the big screen at a martial arts and horror film festival in England - they also showed Contour. They were both properly amazing to see in a cinema!

I actually saw the film on the big screen at a martial arts and horror film festival in England - they also showed Contour. They were both properly amazing to see in a cinema!

yep both are propery amazing on the small screen too!:xd:

Archived