What Tittles Should I Get?

Guest oldeschool17

Guest oldeschool17

Hi all. Im fine tuning my christmas wishlist for the wife and was wondering if my kfc bredren could help me out on some suggestions. Out of this list, can you recommend me 3 titles? Feel free to add why you like/dislike these movies. Thanks!

Killer Constable

Shaolin Temple

Clan Feuds

Clans of Intrigue

The Deadly Duo

A Deadly Secret

Five Superfighters

Soul of the Sword

Tiger Killer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iron_Jinon

Shaolin Temple definitely.All-star cast,lots of training&fight sequences.And even small appearance of Shih Szu.You will not regret getting this one...

Guest Shaolin Monk

I have them all and this is how i rate the ones that i have the pleasure of seeing.

Killer Constable

Shaolin Temple 9/10 you must, you must get this one do you hear me :)

Clan Feuds 6.3/10 it was ''just past ok"

Clans of Intrigue 9/10 you have to get this one, abounds past your expectations over and over

The Deadly Duo

A Deadly Secret

Five Superfighters 7/10 great flick, fresh young faces tons of kung fu

Soul of the Sword

Tiger Killer 8.8 out of ten, one of Tommy lungs most dedicated roles. Get this! :)

Guest Iron_Jinon

Five Superfighters 7/10 great flick, fresh young faces tons of kung fu

7/10 is correct.lots of fights but script was written in 5 mins or so.worth getting if you ignore lame storyline.

Deadly Duo is one of my ti lung/david chiang favs,nice locations and loads of fighting.few so-so scenes too but seeing mortally wounded chiang taking on whole mongolian army with chain-whip is worth owning this film:cool:

5 Superfighters

Killer Constable

Shaolin Temple

Reasons. Entertainment value. Re-watch value. These aren't, "bought 'em, now they sit on my shelf after one viewing, movies".

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Killer Constables

Soul Of The Sword

Clans Of Intrigue

Shaolin Temple

The Deadly Duo

All of these titles are must haves IMO

Guest oldeschool17

thanks guys for the suggestions. Looks like im committed to buying Killer Constables and Shaolin Temple. Now its just narrowing down to 5 Superfighters and Clans of Intrigue

Killer Constable - Pretty Good!

Shaolin Temple - Classic film.

Clan Feuds - Boring as hell. Paid 2 bucks for it. Not worth more.

Clans of Intrigue - Haven't seen, but heard mixed things.

The Deadly Duo - Haven't seen.

A Deadly Secret - I can't lie, I liked this alot. Cool story, well made. A very solid picture.

Five Superfighters - Not bad. Was worth 2 bucks.

Soul of the Sword - I think I've seen this, but I can't remember. Ti Lung? Wang Yu? Some of these films just merge into the backround.

Tiger Killer - Cool, but not really a KF film. Ti Lung wrestles with a stuffed animal. Ku Feng as a hunchback. Good performances.

I would probably get

Killer Constable

A Deadly Secret

Shaolin Temple

Guest tarim69

These are all very solid titles.

Killer Constable

Shaolin Temple

Clan Feuds

A Deadly Secret

Soul of the Sword

Tiger Killer

"5 Superfighters, Clans of Intrigue"

People like this film, but I can think of 50 or 80 movies Id rather watch. I really didnt care for it. Great fight scenes, and not much else IMHO.

Clan of Intrique is a good one and generally considered a classic. However Id place any of the films below higher than it.

MUST haves...

Tiger Killer - I believe every Shaw Bros fan must see this movie. See the top50 thread and the great critique of thsi film there. KuFeng is simply outstanding here. Ti Lungs great performance.Great sets, amazing chemistry - emotional investment in the characters. Quite possibly the greatest Shaw Bros film of all time.

Shaolin Temple - All star cast. Quite possibly the first Shaw Bros film I ever saw - back in 1981 on tv.Lots of good characters that are fun to watch. Some good training sequences. A classic finale that must be seen. Classic. Classic. Classic. Must see.

Any of the others will do.I actually liked Killer Constable less than the other remanining choices there.

Deadly Secret - Really good movie. Bleak and suprisingly well paced and engaging for a film that takes place in a jail cell.

Killer Constable - I havent seen this one in a awhile and its on my list to revisit soon. Very good film.

Soul of the Sword - Ti Lung plays a guy who wants to be #1 swordsman. Another good flick. Interesting becuase theres a slight twist to Lungs chivalrous swordsman, hes not so chivalrous.

Clan Fueds - Possibly my favorite of the remaining titles. I really liked this one. Ti Lung, Lo Meng., whos really great here. Without the Venoms this guys shined in this film. Loved the costumes, the design, the choreography. Have to see this one again soon becuase I really liked it.

Guest sammofan
lol morgoth. Ok now im narrowing it down between 5 Superfighters, Clans of Intrigue, and A Deadly Secret.

Get 5 Superfighters if you like shapes. The fights are amongst the best you can find in a Shaw flick.

Guest will91XingYu

Five Superfighters is a must! One of the best end fights to ever come out of oldschool or shaws films! This thread was good because a few of those i have not seen, so i think i'll be getting Shaolin Temple and Killer Constable as well.

Guest oldeschool17

Thanks guys. The first batch i ordered last night from dddhouse are: Legend of the Fox, Killer Constable, & Shaolin Prince. Ive decided to wait on 5 Shaolin Masters and Shaolin Temple on the chance that DD will release these @ some point. I would have got A Deadly Secret but DDDhouse didnt have it in stock. Ive been reading that 5 Superfighters has alot of comedy(not my cup of tea)? So im a lil apprehensive of getting that at the time. There seems to be some mixed reviews on Clans of Intrigue and Clan Feuds, so ill wait on those for the next round

Shapes, i'vr learned here means, the various styles/forms, you find in films where the artist gets into the actual posture displaying the form of the style he's using, i.e.; Hung, Dragon, Leopard, Snake, Drunken, Buddist Palm, Tiger, Mantis, Wu Dang, etc...

What's particularlly interesting is the way in some of the dubbs, they call the forms/styles out while going through the katas... :)

Archived