Lady Whirlwind (1972)

Guest ironfistedmonk

Guest ironfistedmonk

potential spoilers

I've just watched the Joy Sales VCD of Lady Whirlwind which is Chinese language only and was wondering a couple of things, if any of you guys have seen this dubbed/subbed if you could help out?

Why were Pai Ying and his gang after Chang Yi?

Why was Angie Mao so pissed off with Chang Yi?

This would help immensely in understanding what the film was about cos I haven't got a clue at the minute :D

bunafireonafussy
potential spoilers

I've just watched the Joy Sales VCD of Lady Whirlwind which is Chinese language only and was wondering a couple of things, if any of you guys have seen this dubbed/subbed if you could help out?

Why were Pai Ying and his gang after Chang Yi?

Why was Angie Mao so pissed off with Chang Yi?

This would help immensely in understanding what the film was about cos I haven't got a clue at the minute :D

want a copy of the dub?

Guest shukocarl

So the vcd isn't subbed? Hope it comes out on dvd as a dub or at least subbed. Love this movie! I especially like the titles theme...is it the same on the vcd as the english dub?

Carl:confused:

Pai Ying and his thugs were after Chang because he worked with them and turned against them. Angela's character wanted revenge for a sister who was in love with Chang, and commited suicide when he left her. Chuan Chuan, the new love of Chang's life helped him see the light and helped him turn over a new leaf.

Loads of fighting here, and one of Angela's best for sheer fighting, she kicks everyone's butt here...

My pleasure. I always enjoy sharing thoughts and memories on the old GH films. Many do not like them however, they were a great alternative to the Shaws. Raymond definetly believed in quality productions and it showed later after the company gained ground when Shaw opted to shut down for TV production. Films like: The Sword, Duel To The Death, Last Hurrah For Chivalry, The Prodigal Son, Magnificent Butcher, Warriors Two, and The Postman Fights Back, were great films to go up against what Shaw had going at the time. Even GOD was a nice production quality wise, even though Bruce wasn't in the majority of the film, the values were terrific, better than ETD.

Killer Meteor

If anyone has the Joy Sales DVD or the Shout Factory DVD...

In the Mandarin version, what style is the old Korean man teaching Chang Yi? The English dub says Tai Chi, but the Mandarin trailer's text trimuphs Hapkido.

thanks!

Killer Meteor

Thanks.

I think Sammo, Angela, and maybe Chang Yi were studying Hapkido at the time so that's probably why it was mentioned in the trailer. The trailer for Bandits from Shantung begins with Ji Han Jae training the cast.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah... came to the same conclusion, yet passing it off as the "style" shown in the film is a bit odd. 

2 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

The trailer for Bandits from Shantung begins with Ji Han Jae training the cast.

Is it in the Joysales version ?

• Like 1

This film is a lot of fun to watch. I revisited it this weekend. There is A LOT of action (crudely choreographed, but entertaining) and Angela f***s up everybody and has a wonderful badass attitude.

"Yeah, I know who you are. You're a lousy no-good goddamn Japanese!" [Proceeds to beat Chin Yuet-Sam to death with her bare hands]

As one reviewer said, she's probably so pissed off that she didn't kill Chang Yi that she'll just go to the next town where there's injustice and take her anger out on the poor, unsuspecting bastards there.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 3