Beowulf 3D

Guest Shaolindogma

Guest Shaolindogma

Saw this at the theater last night. I read alot of bad reviews on yahoo movies. Many people hated it because it was nothing like the original story. I have read the original story and thought the movie used the story as a guideline for the movie, which wasn't bad. The Lord of the Rings movie was based on the books, Peter Jackson didn't follow the books to the T, and was still able to make some superb movies based on Tolkiens vision.

With that being said, don't go in expecting a historically accurate movie or a movie with an excellent plot. Character development was there, the audience deserved more, but at least is was present. Some parts were kinda slow and boring but the action scenes and acting ability were spot on.

The movie had a star studded cast, stars who could possibly be some of the greatest actors ever. Ray Winstone was perfect as Beowulf, Anthony Hopkins was great, and John Malkovich was great too.

Visuals: I've never seen a movie as visually stunning as this. I urge anyone who's interested in seeing this to spend the extra 3$ to see the 3D version. It was amazing, some sort of advanced 3D movie technology, made you feel like you were actually there. Some moron on yahoo said it looked just like Shrek 3, no. I don't want to give too much away but you'll be blown away at the end of the movie.

I highly recommend seeing Beowulf 3D in theaters, even if you don't like the movie you'll love the 3D effects.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest froffeecoffee

Really liked the movie. I think the decisions for the changes were to make it a more accesible story for audiences and a more smooth continuity. The only drawback was that the human characters were stiff-looking and not natural at all. But it's still a new technology and will improve in the coming years.

Guest Shaolindogma

yeah, i noticed the stiff human characters too. Thought i was the only one. It was like the graphics in Grand Theft Auto where as the characters fingers never move.

OK I got to see this movie tonight, and I do agree with you Guys on the part of the Humans looking stiff, but overall I really did enjoy this movie. I didn't realize that the characters were 3D-ish I only wish I had seen this in the movie in 3D I think I would've enjoyed it a whole lot more.

Archived