Bruceploitation Reviews

Guest jirpy100

Clones Of Bruce Lee

A towering achievement in the bruceploitation genre, this has Bruce Le going at it with Dragon Lee, Bruce Thai is here and there's another guy who looks like Bruce but i don't know what he calls himself. The intricate plot starts with the real Bruce dying, Mr Colin of the SBC recruits mad doctor Jon Benn to take some blood from Bruce and create clones, who can be sent on various undercover missions, like Tom Cruise in the Impossible films. Highlight include dancing topless girls randomly frolicking in the sea, invincible bronzemen, Bolo, Jon Benn,Mr Colin,. A work of genius that deserves a proper restored release.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Clones Of Bruce Lee

A towering achievement in the bruceploitation genre, this has Bruce Le going at it with Dragon Lee, Bruce Thai is here and there's another guy who looks like Bruce but i don't know what he calls himself. The intricate plot starts with the real Bruce dying, Mr Colin of the SBC recruits mad doctor Jon Benn to take some blood from Bruce and create clones, who can be sent on various undercover missions, like Tom Cruise in the Impossible films. Highlight include dancing topless girls randomly frolicking in the sea, invincible bronzemen, Bolo, Jon Benn,Mr Colin,. A work of genius that deserves a proper restored release.

I didn't like it at all and...I got it TWICE or THRICE as bonus in mediabooks !! 😱😱

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Blind Fist of Bruce

I wish this would surface in a nice wide version, plenty of Bruce Li's available in scope now but this one seems elusive,like Deadly Strike. I have the german DVD.

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
1 hour ago, saltysam said:

I wish this would surface in a nice wide version, plenty of Bruce Li's available in scope now but this one seems elusive,like Deadly Strike. I have the german DVD.

Yeh, it's frustrating. I found a good wide of Fists of BL on youtube...but it's in French. Really, it's no problem as the dialogue is bloody crazy anyway!:rofl

• Like 3

legendarycurry
On 10/30/2022 at 8:38 PM, saltysam said:

Clones Of Bruce Lee

The thing is, I eventually have to watch this at some point as part of the Bolo filmography rundowwn I'm doing. At least you made it sound fun.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2022 at 4:38 PM, saltysam said:

A towering achievement in the bruceploitation genre, this has Bruce Le going at it with Dragon Lee, Bruce Thai is here and there's another guy who looks like Bruce but i don't know what he calls himself.

That would be Bruce Lai, better known as Chang Yi Tao (or by his Korean name, Chan Il-Do).

• Like 2

i watched Bruce Lee The Man The Myth for the umpteenth time, such a classic of the genre.A lovely HD print of this would be nice, a blu ray could include a interview with Phillip from the garage sequence

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I watched Bruce's secret kung fu this evening and I spotted Chang Li in it. And I found very strange that in one of the last sequences of the movie (the clip has been posted by @AlexanderFu in another section) in which he uses his nunchakus, he doesn't wear the same haircut nor the same kind of clothes. So, I checked on hkmdb and saw that this movie is actually made of footage from at least two movies ! No wonder that I found some stranges jumps between scenes during the movie !

I wasn't bored, mainly because of the fights, but I wasn't really dived into the movie either...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I watched Bruce's secret kung fu this evening and I spotted Chang Li in it. And I found very strange that in one of the last sequences of the movie (the clip has been posted by @AlexanderFu in another section) in which he uses his nunchakus, he doesn't wear the same haircut nor the same kind of clothes. So, I checked on hkmdb and saw that this movie is actually made of footage from at least two movies ! No wonder that I found some stranges jumps between scenes during the movie !

I wasn't bored, mainly because of the fights, but I wasn't really dived into the movie either...

:thumbsup I'm going to look for it. it's probably under 10 different titles and will be impossible for me to track down, but I'll try!

I saw him in a movie with Phillip ko Fei where he was wearing a black tank top and had a French dub. Now I can't find it again. The title was Three Avengers but there is another movie with that name. It can drive you totally up the wall. I just really like the guy. The 1st time I saw him, he almost looked a bit like Lee Yi-min (A Tooth for a Tooth), then I realized it wasn't the case. Once I saw 1 of the 2 Nunchaku scenes I put up, it was over. He was my guy. He reminds me a bit of Fu Sheng just a little bit because he has really good charisma. Maybe not as great an actor, but it would have been nice to see them in a movie once. Kicks like an absolute beast. 

EDIT: I have seen Bruce's Secret Kung Fu, but I forget what title it was under!

it's a total mind *bleep* trying to figure this stuff out! :P

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Like 2

Bruce Against Snake In The Eagles Shadow

Tang Lung is released from prison and heads back home ,getting involved in a battle between two pearl hunting companies. Bizarre than the Rambler from a big shaw production Flag Of Iron was making this really low budget dreck around the same period. It does have Lung Fei though and some weird sort of man child as Tang's comedy relief. I love dreck usually but this is a bit boring

• Like 3

Enter The Game Of Death

a rewatch of the german blu ray. Bruce Le and Bolo star in this rip off that's bonkers but probably more faithful to Bruce's original idea. A document is in danger of falling into the hands of the japanese ,so Bruce dons the yellow tracksuit and sets out to retrieve it. Interestingly the Tower footage takes place in the movies middle section (from around 38 min to the hour mark) the climax then takes place near deserted temples and fields. Pretty much non stop action.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Killer Meteor
On 2/26/2023 at 8:21 PM, saltysam said:

Enter The Game Of Death

a rewatch of the german blu ray. Bruce Le and Bolo star in this rip off that's bonkers but probably more faithful to Bruce's original idea. A document is in danger of falling into the hands of the japanese ,so Bruce dons the yellow tracksuit and sets out to retrieve it. Interestingly the Tower footage takes place in the movies middle section (from around 38 min to the hour mark) the climax then takes place near deserted temples and fields. Pretty much non stop action.

Totally bonkers and lots of fun. Great soundtrack too!

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Enter Three Dragons

This starts with Sammy (Samuel Walls) being rolled for some diamonds. Then we get 3 Bruce clones, Cheung Nik, Bolo and Phillip Ko join the incoherent fun.Dragon Lee wanders in and out periodically like he's in a different movie. Randomly steals music from Midnight Express.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
3 hours ago, saltysam said:

This starts with Sammy (Samuel Walls) being rolled for some diamonds.

He had quite the fall from grace - 

• Like 1

dionbrother
Just now, Yihetuan said:

Is that why he fled to HK right after?

Weren't those movies made between his conviction and release?  You might be right.  Maybe he fled and then was apprehended when he returned to the US.

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, DrNgor said:

Bruce Le? Did he run afoul of the law, too?

Yes, he did jail time for fraud according to Toby Russell -

• Like 3

4 hours ago, saltysam said:

With Bruce Le and Sammy doing bird as well as John Liu maybe we can have a new genre,Roguesploitation :tongueout

Can you imagine the 3 of them in the same cell? I have a feeling Bruce & John would gang up on the hakgwai and make him drop the soap.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Haha 3

Fist Of Fury 3

Follow up to Bruce Li's excellent part 2 is a lesser, cheaper affair but still enjoyable. After the invents of the first he returns home and promises his blind mum and daft brother Kwok Choi he won't fight anymore. Yeah ok Bruce we believe you. Wei Ping Ao despite being killed off in one and two miraculously returns from the dead again, along with Sham Chin Bo the only actor to have appeared in the original and these two follow ups. The film is quite dark, involving betrayal, attempted rape, murder before the excellent climax where Li faces off against Yeh Fang and Ku Feng.The german DVD is ok but we need better, hopefully a HD print will surface like the 2nd one did.

• Like 3