Kung Fu Hustle 2

Guest Milkyway

Guest Milkyway

Stephen Chow just said, during a press meeting for promoting his new film CJ7, that the script of Kung Fu Hustle 2 was done already. Chow said he was about to do a sequel to Kung Fu Hustle but later he felt he should do CJ7 first. He refused to say anything about the story of the Kung Fu Hustle sequel and did not confirm which project he would do next. He only said he "has some new ideas now." These ideas may includes movies he will direct/star in and/or movies he will only produce, like the alleged Hollywood production of Dragon Ball Z. Sony Pictures, one of the major financier of Kung Fu Hustle, has been pushing Chow for a sequel ever the success of the first movie. IMDB has listed Kung Fu Hustle 2 as a movie to be available in 2008 but it may not come out that quick.

Source: http://www.monkeypeaches.com/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear that he also wrote the movie Jump!, which stars his co-star from CJ7, Kitty Zhang, as a young country woman who goes to the big city to become a dancer by combining martial arts and hip hop. Stephen Fung is rumored to be directing the movie.

Guest TheGrimReaper

It's nice to hear some more info regarding this project - I'm waiting for it since the end of the first one... Let us hope that Stephen Chow won't delay this one for a long time :) Respect

In a recent interview, Stephen Chow talked about his input on the Dragonball movie which he is producing and admits that he does give some input but puts trust in director James Wan. He also has laid to rest rumors on Kung Fu Hustle 2. Chow himself said it may not happen because he has no interest in doing any sequels to his blockbuster films, which means you can pretty much say goodbye to both KFH2 and Shaolin Soccer II.

"For a long time, a sequel to Kung Fu Hustle was rumored to be in the works with Mr. Chow planning to film it a few years ago--you can read that story here but after making CJ7, he's insistent that he doesn't necessarily want to do Kung Fu Hustle 2 or sequels to any of his Chinese blockbusters, though he does have some similar martial arts ideas in development that won't necessarily be a sequel."

Chow is developing and will produce a Korean film, Surprise Party, which Universal is in negotiations to remake for United States audiences, partially in English and partially in Chinese, though he's not sure if he'll direct either film yet.

Most sequels are pointless unless it takes the story on in a good way so he probably hasnt seen a good enough script for either.

I admire him for trying new things rather than just a re-hash of earlier work...

ALL REGION DVD PLAYER ONLY £30!..CLICK HERE.

SlothStyleKungFu

Soccer and Hustle were good flicks but I really dont think they need sequels. Sure, he's done sequels in the past and they were mostly fine, but if the idea isn't there, it isn't there, and he certainly doesn't seem creatively corruptible at this point, so i doubt he'd do them just for the hell of it.

Well, but at least he's saying that he have ideas for another martial arts movie. We won't have KH2 or SS2 but we'll have another chow style Kung Fu comedy movie in the future. I can live with that.

When Yuen Wah and Yuen Qiu was looking out the window they mentioned that Chow was old enough to be their son, so I thought this would of been the setup for a sequel. My friend wanted to watch this last night, he was crying laughing through half of it, funny stuff I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.

Don't trust IMDB on dates for titles. The word of mouth came from Stephen Chow himself that there isn't going to be a KFH2. I think that title will be deleted soon.

The honeymoon's over.

I hope he doesn't go totally Disney after CJ7 :(

As sad as this sounds my friends, I think Chow is on his way towards that path. Remember folks, money talks and you know walks.:(

Archived