The Victim on DVD

Guest Dragon Ma

Guest Dragon Ma

Does anyone know if there are plans to re-release this? I have the Tai-Seng version which is ok but it would be cool if someone like Dragon Dynasty released it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thundered mantis

Monk Sante, I´ve compared the Eastern Heroes version I have with the screenshots you´ve provided, and I have to say that the aspect ratio in the two versions is absolutely identical. And video quality also looks very similar to me. I think the german ed. is 16/9 enhanced? That would give it the edge, at least for me.

The Eastern Heroes has both eng and cantonese audio, plus good (I mean readable) eng. subs. Plus a Sammo Hung interview. I dunno about the extra stuff on the German version.

But the two are far from perfect. Both are cropped to 1.85, while the OAR was 2.35. That sucks!

Guest Monk Sante

Yes, the Germen version does have the original chinese/eng language as well as good subs. I would love to see this film in widescope remastered.....this happens to be my favorite Kung Fu film of all time. :D

Guest chen lung
Yes, the Germen version does have the original chinese/eng language as well as good subs. I would love to see this film in widescope remastered.....this happens to be my favorite Kung Fu film of all time. :D

The EH DVD had terrible subs (dubtitles actually) with annoying "...,,," after everything.

The Germans upconverted it to anamorphic too.

Archived