‘Poisonous Seductrous’ Trilogy

Guest daisho2004

Guest daisho2004

‘Poisonous Seductrous’ Trilogy now on DVD

Has anyone seen these movies I hate to buy blindly?

Continuing their tradition of bestowing hard-to-find titles with proper, well-developed Region 1 releases, Synapse Films will release the obscure LEGENDS OF THE POISONOUS SEDUCTROUS series onto the unsuspecting public this winter. Consider me one of the seedy individuals anxiously awaiting their release.

Scheduled to drop on November 13th, this late ‘60s Japanese trilogy follows the gruesome adventures of deadly female samurai Okatsu (Junko Miyazono), a former actress-turned-tattooed swordfighter who seeks revenge against those who wronged her. This ultra-bloody Pinky Violence masterpiece is widely regarded as a heavy influence on several saucy action flicks release by Toei during the ‘70s.

Titles in this franchise include FEMALE DEMON OHYAKU, QUICK-DRAW OKATSU and OKATSU THE FUGITIVE. Each film will be sold individually and will contain the original theatrical trailers as well as the original Japanese artwork.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ToothbrushFu

I've seen the first two, still waiting for the third one to arrive - stupid postal services, how can it take over 10 days' longer for the second parcel to arrive when both were mailed at the same time? :rolleyes: Anyway, I'd say they're definitely worth a purchase, and Junko Miyazono is great in both films I've seen so far.

BTW the description "deadly female samurai Okatsu (Junko Miyazono), a former actress-turned-tattooed swordfighter" is rather misleading as Miyazono plays different characters in each movie - in the first one she's an actress called Ohyaku and gets a tattoo but she's not a samurai, in the second she's a samurai called Okatsu but not an actress and has no tattoo! :confused: Not sure I'd classify the films as Pinky Violence either.

Female Demon Ohyaku is a very dark revenge drama beautifully shot in black and white. There's not as much swordplay in this one as you're led to expect although its got plenty of action and blood and some nasty torture scenes that will make your scalp itch. I don't know if the director was directly influenced by him but some of the themes in the film reminded me of a couple of Yasuzo Masumura films (Manji and Irezumi, although maybe the tattoo thing is fairly common in Japanese films, I don't know).

Quick-Draw Okatsu isn't quite as twisted but has tons of action and looks great (this one is in colour), and the direction is superb. Here Miyazono plays the daughter of a provincial samurai who teaches swordfighting, and she's his star pupil. She goes on the old revenge rampage against a scumbag official and his cronies aided by bolshie knife-wielding girlie Reiko Oshida. Plus its got a guest appearance from Tomisaburo Wakayama - he's also in the first film, and very good there too, but he does some actual fighting here. They seem to be trying for a sort of wilder samurai equivalent of the Red Peony Gambler (yakuza) films with this one, there's even a soundtrack song halfway through the film that's reminiscent of the RPG theme song.

these are very good

they remind me more of lady snowblood than female yakuza tale, but that's not a bad thing at all. definitely worth checking out

OK I finally got a chance to watch these 3 films and while I did enjoy all 3 of them, I wouldn't call them a trilogy since each movie was different then the next. I was expecting a continuous story in 3 different parts, so I was surprised to find out they were all different stories. The main actress Junko Miyazono OMG she is so HOT! I could watch her again, and again OK enough of that. Her Swordsmanship was OK at best, the action scenes were good in parts #2&3 in the 1st. movie it was more darker in tone and very little action. The funny thing is all 3 movies started out almost the same, where she gets raped and wants to seek revenge on everyone. I was like OK something a little different here, but overall I enjoyed each movie and I like that Tomisaburo Wakayama had a small role in the 1st. 2 movies and in the 2nd. one he even got to do a little action scene as a Bounty Hunter.

Synopsis:

(Female Demon Ohyaku) Ohyako (Junko Miyazono) is an actress who is sent to prison for a crime she did not commit. In prison she is tortured by the inmates, guards and those who out her in this hell hole. All the while she waits for the right moment when she can escape and track down those responsible for torment. Once free from prison Ohyako embarks on a journey of bloodshed with a demon tattooed across her back.

(Quick-Draw Okatsu) Okastu (Junko Miyazono) family is murdered by a corrupt magistrate who also happens to be infatuated with her. He gives her two options she can be his concubine or death. Okastu with the help of a young swordswoman Rui (Reiko Oshida) escapes the magistrates’ prison. Okastu now a wanted criminal manages to stay one step ahead of the law as she exacts her revenge against those who have violated her and murdered her family.

(Okatsu The Fugitive) Okatsu (Junko Miyazono) a gifted swordswoman is forced too used her skills to exact revenge against a man named Judayu and his allies who are responsible for her parents’ death when they refuse to reveal the whereabouts of a letter detailing their crimes.

pst2.jpg

poisonousseductress-07.jpg

poisonousseductress-10.jpg

poisonousseductress-09.jpg

Archived