Chi Kuan Chun

Gordon Liu

Wong Tao

Tino Wong

Wang Lung Wei

Lee Hoi San

Yu Hai

Lo Meng

I was thinking about getting Showdown at Cotton Mill. Is Chi Kuan Chun the lead here, or Dorian Tan?

Chi Kuan-Chun is the lead, and Tan Tao-Liang is the arch-villain. Definitely worth it. Directed by Wu Ma, it was a bit of the flavor of Chang Cheh's Shaolin series; in fact, I heard that Cottonmill was meant to be a sequel to one of Chang's films.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teako170
in fact, I heard that Cottonmill was meant to be a sequel to one of Chang's films.

Yes, it was a sequel to Shaolin Avengers. I recall Linn saying a while back that the script lingered at Shaw for some time and then Wu Ma finally snagged it but was later black balled for this.

showdown.jpg

Brigadier Chow

Lau Kar Liang

Gordon Liu

Ti Lung

Beardy

Robert Tai

Alex Lo

Mark and Jack Long

Li hai Sheng

Lo Meng

Chi Kwan Chun

Chen Sing

Chen Kuan Tai

In no particular order:

Leung Kar Yan- Unquestionably a choreographer's dream, and could handle most techniques making it look as if he's actually a life long practitioner.

Chi Kuai Chun- Has anyonehandled the Hung Fist Style any better than this man onscreen? Powerful and strong, and his technique is excellent.

Liu Chia Liang-His Monkeyfists, Hung Style, Drunken Style, and Mantis Fists are why we are even having this discussion. Without his contributions, we may be gushing over westerns... NOT!

:cool:

Yes, it was a sequel to Shaolin Avengers. I recall Linn saying a while back that the script lingered at Shaw for some time and then Wu Ma finally snagged it but was later black balled for this.

Another two awesome poster shots from Showdown! :cool: Good movie.

aacdwo9.jpg

5638yc0.jpg

9fee1dd3.jpg

258acz0.jpg

I have always had admiration for Jackie Chan's abilty to make it look so chaotic. He has amazing hand speed and utilises it so well while making it look like hes in trouble.

Jet li for me has the most amazing control (probably due to such talent in forms).

But my vote has to go to donnie Yen. Iron Monkey made me a fan and everything since has only increased my admiration. Then Ip Man came out and as a practioner of Wing Chun I was blown away by his ability.

Im glad he is finally getting the credit he deserves out side of the hardcore fanbase.

Archived