Your favorite 'opening credits' SEQUENCE?

Guest moviegyrl

Morgoth Bauglir
had he made bloodthirsty movies like chang cheh he would have likely been supreme..but instead he made nonviolent stuff with touch of comedy(I do like my young auntie,shaolin challenges ninja&master killer)....

That is true for the most part, except for 8 Diagram Pole Fighter. That was extremely violent. Damn I love that movie.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sifu

• Morgoth Bauglir

• The Dragon

• MasterDrunk

5 Element Boxer

There are so many great intros out there, like...

Challenge of the Masters (tops!!!!)

Shaolin & Wu Tang

Invincible Armour

Legendary Weapons of China

36th Chamber of Shaolin

Warriors Two

Shaolin Martial Arts

Eagle's Claw

Shaolin vs Lama

Ninja in the Dragon's Den

Shaolin Intruders

Clan of the White Lotus

My Young Auntie

That is true for the most part, except for 8 Diagram Pole Fighter. That was extremely violent. Damn I love that movie.

8 diagram is awesome indeed...pity fu sheng did not make his way into final confrontation:(

It was violent, a rarity for Lau-Kar Leung. But still who can compare that to the extreme violence in some Chan Cheh classic, he went overboard sometimes. What do ya think :o

I kinda liked the opening for 'Martial Club', with Lau Kar Leung talking about lion dancing etiquette while Gordon Liu and Robert Mak is performing in the background. Was kinda pleasant compared with the darker openings like in Executioners of Shaolin. :)

The opening for Drunken Monkey was pretty dope as well. Possibly the best part of the movie. True classic shaw style.

Guest FiveSwords

Without a doubt, #1 is...

36th Chamber of Shaolin

I've been known to just loop that over and over.

Five Deadly Venoms, The Lost Swordship, & The Leg Fighters are favorites of mine as well.

It looks like the good guy's gonna prevail, BUT... Pei Mei withstands a killer head blow/ eye gouge, traps the monk's leg in his crotch, breaks his leg, and kills him!

TALK ABOUT CALSSIC!

Without a doubt, #1 is...

36th Chamber of Shaolin

HA! Thank you :cool: Gordon Liu's the man. When he flails his fists through that waterfall in the opening he looks so badass!

Guest FiveSwords
if you liked the opening credits in 36th chamber, you should check out Shaolin Drunken Monk.:P

Well, looks like Shaolin Drunken Monk is next on my "To Buy" list. :D

Morgoth Bauglir

The opening credits are kinda similiar, but the movie is actually pretty bad. If you are a hardcore kung fu fan you may like it. THere are some good fights with Gordon vs Chien Yuet San and Eagle Han. And there is a one armed guy in the movie.

And if you like Shaolin Drunken Monk, be sure to check out its companion piece, Fury in the Shaolin Temple (which is another bad movie:D).

Morgoth Bauglir
Well then our opinions differ greatly, oh well :(

I doubt our opinions differ too much on this. I give 36th Chamber a perfect 5/5, but there are many many other movies I would say are up to par with it.

AH! Great movies. I thought I'd turn 'em into actual vids instead of hyperlinks, don't know if you knew you could do that here, but it's a nice feature. To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan of Disciples of Shaolin's opening. It's just a less epic version of 36th's!

my top 5

Tigress of shaolin

tQ0uq53BTe4

Enter the fat dragon

YG1qshYokiw

knockabout

m22NECVD_dE

Butcher wing

kNtSIqL6Aws

Disciples of shaolin

QZJe1OQmOqk

yes its less epic but better performed..its the iron wire set,tit sin kuen and its something like the original..

36th chamber i didnt mention cos it was already plenty of times..

Hey guys, how about the opening to Dreadnaught? It had some very good action with White Tiger going ape on the cops who were trying to arrest him and his wife at that little teahouse. When they murdered his pregnant spouse, it was all she wrote!:P He was driven mad by his loss...

Guest DRUNKEN UNCLE 68

I Have To Throw In Billy Chong's Display In "super Power". Also The Missing Opening Sequence From "knockabout" With Yuen Biao And Sammo Hung- You Can Find That On You Tube. And There Is Also The Opening Sequence Of The Bloody Tattoo A.k.a. The Loot!!!:)