Image English Dubs

Guest daTOAD

Once again thanks Morgoth. Anyone have any ideas on why the Deadly Breaking Sword dvd didnt advertise an English dub? Seems like that would be a major selling point. Do you think they just simpley messed up on the packaging?

Also will the rest of theyre titles have Eng. dubs?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtisan will also have it's dub unless something has changed, this and the one for Deadly Breaking Sword were discovered by people on this very board who set the release in motion. As for the other titles, I know they're going to have dubs for some of them, but not all.

well i finally got my copy of DEADLY BREAKING SWORD yesterday and watched it right away. i have to admit i give two thumbs up to IMAGE for finally doing something right. notice the excitement the release of a lost english dub causes. everyone wants a copy of this one. now imagine if they had released the dub of HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL. i,ve had a few email convers with IMAGE about the dubs and i have to admit they gave me some really poor excusses for not includeing the dubs. WATER MARGIN-->the dub changed the story. BELLS OF DEATH and HEAVEN AND HELL-->no useable dub. HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL-->no existing dub. pretty feeble eh. their wrong on all accounts. so after HEAVEN AND HELL i pretty much unloaded on them with both barrels and believe it or not they said they would make every effort to include dubs on future releases. they didn,t seem to be aware of the importance of the dubs to the fans.at first they had told me they were not includeing the dub with DBS but when i told them everyone was aware that they had been supplied with the dub and was waiting to see if they would use it they said they would look into it. maybe thats why its not on the packageing--who knows. anyway i think KILLER SNAKES --INTIMATE CONFESSIONS and MAGIC BLADE have the dubs. not sure about SHAOLIN INTRUDERS-but i don,t see why it wouldn,t as the dub is readily available. now if IMAGE continues to put a little more effort into their releases and hunt down the dubs and include them their sales will no doubt increase.

Guest mantis FIST

I was glad to read on this board that Deadly...would have an english dub. I had never seen the movie before and bought it just because it was, but no longer, a rare english dub. I have all the image releases that have came out in english:

Black Magic

Deadly Breaking Sword

Legendary Weapons of Kung fu

Super Inframan

That is it correct?

Cheers!

now imagine if they had released the dub of HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL.

They (and Celestial) didn't have that one. Just to make this clear again, Celestial does NOT have dubs for all the Shaw films, they don't even have dubs for all the films that we know have dubs. They have dubs for a lot of the films, but not close to the amount everyone seems to be assuming on threads here. But they DID have dubs for The Water Margin, Bells of Death, and Heaven and Hell, and they didn't use them. The deal with Water Margin came down to not wanting to subtitle the additional footage that had no dub. There was also a question of who owned the dub. I made very sure they knew that the dubs were important for every release when I started working with them on the DVDs, and made sure they knew in some cases fans wouldn't buy the releases without them. It came down to problems with their deal with Celestial and issues with sources for the dubs, and the work involved with cleaning them up. They never planned to not include dubs for Deadly Breaking Sword or Intimate Confessions..., as they already paid for them. The question really came down to if they were going to release the films, as they did cancel a couple of titles soon after I stopped working on the releases. I'd be interested to see if my liner notes for Intimate Confessions...are included in the upcoming release.

Guest RogueWarrior

The Killer Snakes/Shaw Bros/Special Edition (1974)

Amazon has this for preorder. But no mention of Engrish Dubbing. (good looking cover tho)

The Killer Snakes/Shaw Bros/Special Edition (1974)

Amazon has this for preorder. But no mention of Engrish Dubbing. (good looking cover tho)

This looks interesting. I wonder why its a "Special edition"? I just got Cave Of The Silken Web. Good quality DVD & a fun movie. Maybe Image will step their game up.

h

Archived