Sammo and Bruce Lee in a comedy

The Dragon

... starring Sammo and,... Bruce Lee?

I think GH people may have saught this option for these two artists were at the time the best the studio had to offer. I could really see Lee trying his hand at comedy for he had his own weird way with humor. I could see them in a cop buddy film or some type of heist story... Hmm dream on...:rolleyes:

Note: Sammo was to originally play the role that eventually went to Chieh Yuen in Game of Death. Because there was no real shooting schedule, Sammo was out of town when Lee finally fired up the cameras.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think it would have been great to see these two star in a film together, it would have probably worked as a comedy with Bruce playing the straight man to Sammo's funny sidekick. It's funny that Sammo can do the best Bruce impersonation ever! :D

The real Skinny Dragon, Fatty Tiger? :D

I believe this would have been a winning combo for GH. Many do not realise Bruce was very much into comedy, and could do a great effiminate male impersonation that would make friends roar with laughter. I think he had a very dirty mind also which would've paved the way for the raunchy humor audiences took to at the time after his death.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Seems I read somewhere that when Bruce was younger he liked to act like a nerd and talk effeminately in front of bullies to fool them into thinking he was a weakling so they would attack him, he would then kick their ass and act like he done it accidently, still acting like a nerd to humiliate them even more lol.

Maybe the cop buddy film would have worked for Lee as he moved toward other roles. I would have really loved to see him in at least ONE sword period piece, with the Shaws, like Death Duel or Sentimental Swordsman.

Chinatown Kid

To me it would be hard to picture Bruce using a sword, except for his incredible mastery of the nunchucks he seemed best suited for empty handed combat. He did use the bamboo reed against Danny in GOD and the staff briefly in Way of and Enter the Dragon(also double sticks in ETD) and looked great so who knows he just might have been great with a sword. I just prefered watching him beat the crap out of opponents empty handed, seems he might have been restricted from showing his other martial arts skills if he was playing strictly a swordsman. :cool:

Sammo would have been great along side he ala Liang Jia Ren in The Victim.

Their Kung Fu was said to be about even the one time they sparred at GH studios.

Would have love to be the fly on the wall for that!

:angel:

Their Kung Fu was said to be about even the one time they sparred at GH studios.

I am sure I saw or read an interview with Sammo about that incident. As I recall he said he went to test how good Bruce was and as he went to make a move Bruce's foot was already in his face.

Jesse Smooth
Althgouh he wasnt in it Sammo did coreography on non-Bruce scenes of GOD and I laughed at that movie when I saw it.

He has a cameo agaist Bob Wall in the ring.

Besides the obvious, I feel THE GAME OF DEATH also suffered from terrible dub voice for the Lee character, and sound effects during fight scenes. That's one thing Lee knew; how to show power and force onscreen. The sound fx is the final selling of the action.

Killer Meteor
Besides the obvious, I feel THE GAME OF DEATH also suffered from terrible dub voice for the Lee character, and sound effects during fight scenes. That's one thing Lee knew; how to show power and force onscreen. The sound fx is the final selling of the action.

The Cantonese version uses much better sound FX and genuine Bruce Lee cries.

The Cantonese version uses much better sound FX and genuine Bruce Lee cries.

Is that Cantonese version available? I would love to check it you just for that reason.

:nerd:

Cognoscente

Bruce Lee's biggest missed opportunity was Way of the Dragon. We could have got an excellent Kung Fu comedy had he been smart enough to cast Carter, Polly, Angela and Sammo instead of Tommy Chen, Robert Chan, Wu Ngan and Tony Liu playing the waiters. I'm sympathetic to the casting of Unicorn since Bruce felt like he owed him a favour. Also, Unicorn could easily have handled being kicked by Bruce into those boxes.

• Like 2