Wu-Tang Witch!, Kara Hui, Cynthia Khan (Unknown Movie - Need help Identifying)

Guest Shaolin Monk

Guest Shaolin Monk

Hello my freinds, ive run across another rare film with a ''false'' name. There is no year on this movie and

no information besides it has Kara Hui and Cynthia Khan in it. Can someone help me identify the real title

of this film. From the look of this movie and kung fu style as well as Kara Hui's 'hairstyle' i place this movie

around 1985-88. (zen and sword, zu warriors from magic mountain era, stylistically). If anyone has any info

on this movie let me know.

Details;

2 Sided disc. One side "Martial Arts" aka "Chinese Mack" w/ Chan Wei Man.

Other side Wu Tang Witch = Kara Hui unknown film. She is in the first and

last chapter only. Movie is about ''Virgin Sword book'' on and on... In my next

post i have taken some time to post some screencaps. Thank you IA for any

information on this.

picture002fru2.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shaolin Monk

This movie is still unidentified. It is not Zen of Sword. I have Zen of Sword and even mentioned

Zen of Sword when first descripting this film into a time frame. Anyway i dont think anyone will

be able to identify this film but for the record it is about the ''Virgin Sword'' and the ''Spirit Sword"

Kara Hui is in the beggining and in the very end chapters of the movie. I had to identify Cynthia

Khan myself. The movie main star is neither it's this girl right here (below). The movie revolves

around her. I wanted this movie for a while. When i saw it at Fyi my eyes pop out of my head. :)

It's really not hard to find a copy of this movie, not real hard but the film is still difficult to place.

33429958wv0.jpg

Oh ya. almost forgot yes, it has the original Cantonese track

I think I might have it. This film didn't show up in the filmographies of either actress when I checked HK Cinemagic or cinemasie, but it did show up in the HKMDB:

THE TALE OF A HEROINE (1993) (a bit off your mid-eighties estimate, but you were in the ball park)

director: Wong Kin-Fan

Stars:

Wong Chau-Yin

Cynthia Khan

Deric Wan Siu-Lun

Wong Yue-Lung

Kara Hui Ying-Hung

It's Taiwanese which explains why it's so hard to find info about it.

Here's a link to the page:

THE TALE OF A HEROINE

If you look at the images (the link's on the left) you'll see some of the characters match.

Guest Shaolin Monk

thanks TDB for identifying this film, i wonder if i should let hkcinemagic know about this.

they do not have it listed under Wong Chau-Yin (girl pictured last) or Kara Hui. I was new

to that girls name as well as the title of this film.

Archived