The Iron-Fisted Monk (1977)

Guest CrazyFrog

starschwar

My memory is hazy, but in the not-entirely accurate "I Am Jackie Chan," I believe that Jackie claimed to have used Yuen Lung as his stage name for Cub Tiger from Kwangtung, because he knew the movie would turn out bad and had lingering resentment over the way Sammo had treated him while at the Peking Opera School.  Even if that isn't true, that could be the source of the confusion.

It was at least as early as Jeff Rovin's The Official Jackie Chan Sourcebook (1998) that Chan's name was showing up in the credits.

Killer Meteor

Jackie called himself Chan Yuen Lung for his early 70s films, but the Chu Yuan-lung credited on Iron Fisted Monk is a Sammo pseudonym.

sifu iron perm
On 6/7/2021 at 10:11 PM, Cognoscente said:

The rape scenes were a bit much for me. A better way for Sammo to convey the malice of the Manchus would have been to depict them killing children. In 1976, John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13 depicted a child being shot, so you would think that Sammo would have followed in his footsteps.

I guess he preferred I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE (DUTCH RELEASE).