Carter Wong in a Shaw Brothers movie?

Guest Morgoth

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hermeskungfu

Is this a good film ? I keep it on my Watch out for list especially with Carter in it but it seems rare in the UK. I still think his best film is Born Invincible but I'll try harder for this one if you rate it.

Guest Morgoth

Thanks MArkgway. I was really hoping he was in at least one more.

Hermes I liked this movie. It is your standard Chang Cheh training movie with an awesome cast. Not as good as a lot of Chang CHeh's other training movies, but still good. I liked Wang Lung Wei's grappling style. He has a nice fight with Sun Jung Chi from Shaolin vs Lama at the start of the movie. Sun Jung Chi is one of my favorites so it was cool to see him.

Marco Polo was a Shaw epic that I never really liked until I finally saw it remastered. The film is a showcase of the talents at the studio at the time, blending the Chang stable#2 with #'s 3. I really like the movie. There's also a somber feeling to it knowing the storyline and how Marco Polo reacts to the Chinese Patriots, it's subtle, even by HK standards, however, I felt it.

:)

Guest Shaolin Monk

Marco Polo is just above Shaolin Martial Arts (not martial arts of shaolin) and straight over

Boxer Rebbellion. It's one of few great interpretations in part of (although is mostly a lie) the

life of the great ''explorer'' Marco Polo. Marco polo was a famous adventurer from the 12th

century who boldy went to explore new land and new adventures. Some experts say he was

never in china. Others disagree. In this movie ''he is''. This movie has a atmoshphere that is

contagious. Very bold and grand tale flourished with grace from start to finish. 10/10

Just call me "the thread reviver". Lol. It would have been cool to see Carter Wong in more Shaw films. He seemed to be a guy more of their Hung's Fist-type of action guy anyway. His character in Marco Polo was strong, even in the limited cameo-like appeareance.

Archived