O/T: Stephen Chow's "King of Comedy" tonight in L.A. movie theatre

Guest wackiechan

Guest wackiechan

This is slightly off-topic, even though he appeared in the letdown of "Kung Fu Hustle" and(definitely not a letdown),"Shaolin Soccer". Tonight in 11/18, at 9:30 p.m. in L.A.'s The Silent Movie Theatre(of all places), Stephen Chow's "The King of Comedy" will be shown. here is more info: http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/597991,0,2676806.event

I have a feeling that it won't be a silent movie, even though it will be shown in that theatre. It's too bad that "TKoC" will be shown that late at night on a Sunday. If it was shown earlier in the day, then I would try to see it.

So now that "TKoC" will be showing here, that would seem like new and old HK movies are being shown again in the L.A. area, and maybe in other cities. this comes after the recent Chinese American Film Festival(w/ a free screening of Joey Wong's return to HK movies), "the Postmodern Life of My Aunt"(Chow Yun Fat's return to HK), etc. Maybe this isn't exactly what I want, but I hope that it will be. Hopefully, (and I'm sorry if I talk about my favorite Shaw movie too much)"5 Element Ninja" and other classic Shaw/HK movies will be on a big screen again, if there's interest.

Do you think that "TKoC" is being shown because The Weinstein Co. or Dimension has the rights to it?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived