Village Of Tigers (1974)

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I was expecting just another mediocre off the shaws press, but was very impressed by how this film was handled. Great film. Also, the score has a very special melody to it, Black Magic Woman's verse melody was interpreted by the composer for a few scenes of this film's score, and executed very well. The fighting is fierce and the story moves right along. Anyone else seen it yet?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen this one yet. Have it on my purchase list. Is that a recommendation? I was wondering, and like the actor's appearing in the film work.

I have it and I remember it's quite good yes, but I don't remember it so well since I been watching so many shaws lately ;)

it stars shu pei pei and yueh hua

I don't remember being all that enthralled with it, but I started to do a review for it but never did one getting only as far as the synopsis below...

VILLAGE OF TIGERS 1973

Yue Hua (Sword of the Southern Sky Lo Hong Shun), Shu Pei Pei (Ninth Miss Ba), Wang Hsia (Hu Jiao), Chan Shen (Master Jin), Tung Li (Master Ba), Yu Feng (Er Niang)

The inhabitants of the Village of Tigers, a hamlet rife with miscreants, plot to kill the honorable swordsman Luo Hong Shun by framing him for the murder of Master Ba, a naive member of the righteous Ba family. This sets the two against each other until the truth is revealed and good and evil meet for a showdown.

gravedigger666

It`s bit boring fim most of time, story is remarkably weak.However last 15 mins are great, made it worth seeing.One of best shaw wu xia end fights I think.

Archived