Angela Mao (1952 - )

Guest Hermeskungfu

Guest Hermeskungfu

I haven't seen When Taekwando Strikes but two of my favourite films are Broken Oath (I love her use of Scorpions) and Hapkido. Is TKS just as good ? and am I missing any other good films by Angela ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did three films with Delon Tan Tao-Liang that were worth seeing:

The Himalayan

Duel with the Devils - she makes a more extended cameo in this one

Scorching Sun, Fierce Wind, and Wild Fire

Also check out Stoner, with George Lazenby co-starring, and Back Alley Princess. Then there's Dance of Death action directed by Jackie Chan.

Ladywhirlwind and Hapkido are her masterworks though.

P.S., who else to play The Dragon's Lil' sis in Enter The Dragon?

:cool:

Guest Dragon Ma
The Himalayan is a great film, I'd also recommend The Tournament and Lady Constables

She's excellent in 'The Tournament', poor Carter Wong, she always shows him up. He get's his ass kicked then Angela comes in kicks everyone's ass. It was interesting seeing Angela doing muay thai, she even wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Guest Hermeskungfu

Thanks for all these useful replies - what a great forum this is. I just noticed YesAsia (and I presume others) are offering:

The Deadly China Doll Collection (3-Disc Set) (US Version)

with

MOONLIGHT SWORD AND JADE LION, STING OF THE DRAGON, and DANCE OF DEATH.

looks good for $16 to me.

The rest will go on my ever longer list.

Guest kungfood

If I'm not mistaken, Sting of the Dragon Masters is an alternate title for When Taekwondo Strikes, co-starring her with Jhoon Rhee and Hwang In-Sik.

She also appears in Bandits, Prostitutes and Silver with Wang Tao.

Two Great Cavaliers with John Liu and Chen Sing.

Stoner with George Lazenby.

However, IMO her greatest works were her early '70s Golden Harvest films; she had the most intensity in these, esp. in Hapkido.

Guest Dragon Ma

I'll never forget her fight scene against the japanese dojo, she was a complete force of nature in that scene. No-one gives a death stare like Ms. Mao

I'll never forget her fight scene against the japanese dojo, she was a complete force of nature in that scene. No-one gives a death stare like Ms. Mao

Maybe the only one to rival Angela's death stare would be Shih Szu. The woman had the most piercing eyes, and quite lovely to boot. However, only Angela (my woman):P, could take out an entire dojo with the plausability that was hers and hers alone...

i agree that angela mao is without a doubt the best female fighter in kungfu movies. now a question. were the movies REVENGE OF KUNGFU MAO and SWIFT SHAOLIN BOXER(aka-invincible) any good ?

Guest Dragon Ma

I actually found out today that there's going to be an Angela Mao film festival held at Cinemart roppongi in Tokyo from Dec. 1-7 and Angela will actually be there in person on Dec. 1

Do you guys realize how awesome that is, she rarely makes appearances, if I had any guts, I'd hop on a plane for this.

Guest Hermeskungfu

Wow, is the right word. Wish I could go. I did just get Moonlight Sword and that didn't work for me but down to poor direction I suspect. Her hair style is something though!

i have STONER here. 88 min VCD and 109 min JP DVD... if you wanna try your luck with it.. i'm here to deliver the goods.

Hey Spannick!

I could hook that up no problem. I'd even get a Mandarin speaking pal to translate the extra scenes in the JPN DVD. I think its the only way we'll ever see this movie proper. If you like, send me a PM & we'll hook it up.

Thanks

h

Archived