Anyone heard of East West DVD?

Guest gutstringbass

Guest gutstringbass

A local that sells kung fu dvds has a bunch of these cheapo dvds. They are the slim case with 2 films on one DVD. I just bought shaolin temple II/Shaolin Blood Mission for 3 bucks.

I never saw Blood Mission but always wanted to. The video Quality is mediocre and the sound is a little low, but all in all it doesn't look too bad (I have seen worse). Are other versions of Blood Mission that are high quality? Remastered? etc.

The website for these DVDs is under construction. The guy has 20-30 different DVDs, some of which I already have from GroundZero.

Please let me know if they are crap before I spend more cash!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gfanikf

Your paying too much, those things usually sell for 1 buck. I've seen them in Pathmarks and even in a dollar store on the Ocean City, NJ board walk. Granted its not a horrible rip off. If you want to get something on a whim (and will maybe upgrade later) its not a bad idea as its so cheap it wont prevent a double dip or upgrade later on.

I have 10 of the EastWest DVDs and I got them for $1.00 each.

Here are a few of the titles I have:

-New Fist of Fury/Fist of Fury 3

-Return of the Scorpion (aka Duel of the Seven Tigers)/Rivals of Silver Fox

-A Gathering of Heroes/Kung Fu Rebels

-Master with Cracked Fingers/The Young Master (am going to give it to my parents who are avid kung fu film fans)

-The Invincible Killer/Blood of the Dragon

I have Shaolin: The Blood Mission with I believe Shaolin Megaforce on the VideoAsia label as part of their "Martial Temple" Collection. The quality was not too bad on the print.

Guest Morgoth

The Videoasia 2 pack has Blood Mission, and Shaolin temple Strikes Back is the other movie on that DVD. Blood Mission like you said looks pretty decent, but Shaolin Temple Strikes Back is extremely bad quality.

See? I have to open my DVD boxes again...since I just moved and have it sitting closed in the closet for 2 weeks LOL

Yes I have heard of them and couldn't believe the value! I got them from the 99cent store here in Las Vegas... 2 movies per disc in slim case like you said... I have...

The Big Fight / The Brave Lion

Deadly Kick / Kung Fu Ace

Rivals of the Silver Fox / Return of the Scorpion

Death Duel of Kung Fu / Angry Dragon

Fists of Bruce Lee / Fist of the Golden Monkey

Something about them though..... and I don't know if this is because of the film itself or if the guy from East West DVD ripped them wrong or what but... there are alot of scenes which should CLEARLY be widescreen but are shrunk to fit on 4:3 TV... and sometimes the 4:3 scale images look too close... prolly 'cause of the same reason regarding aspect ratio.

I'm trying to locate ALL the rest to buy them.

Yeah I like how they mislabel some movies. I have Duel of the Dragons and it lists one of the stars as "Alex Tang Lec". I never heard this name. Of course, Duel of the Dragons is actually "Of Cooks and Kung Fu" starring Jacky Chen and Wu Ma, who are listed on the label. There is another one called Angry Dragon that is labeled to star Dragon Lee. However, Angry Dragon was a 1973 Goldig film that starred Kwan Bo-Ling.

I see em at the dollar store all the time...I've gotten a few of them....not too great quality but for a buck, not bad for a quick fix. I don't buy them anymore. I forgot which movie it was, but the last 40% of the movie wasn't even there (might of have been one of the Fearless Hyenas).

Archived