Media Blasters Strikes Back: Red Sun and YY

Guest gfanikf

Guest gfanikf
Look, you guys want movies? Screw this HKflix, DDDwhatever, yescaca. Get over your fears of Asian people & go to a little place called Chinatown. Chinese people are very nice & they don't bite. For 2 dollars Canadian you can get Chinese Super Ninjas or whatever it is you're looking for. Trust me. Tell them HAZ sent you. Then go have some bubble tea.

LOL

2 BUCKS! Pacific Mall in Toronto? :)

Chinatown in NYC is such a goldmine and honestly you can get the movies cheaper and pay no shipping. No one should pass up a chance to go to Chinatwon NYC, great food and its like walking into the Chinese DVD Holy Grail! :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Morgoth
Look, you guys want movies? Screw this HKflix, DDDwhatever, yescaca. Get over your fears of Asian people & go to a little place called Chinatown. Chinese people are very nice & they don't bite. For 2 dollars Canadian you can get Chinese Super Ninjas or whatever it is you're looking for. Trust me. Tell them HAZ sent you. Then go have some bubble tea.

Stop talking bragging all the time that you have a Chinatown to go to! It pisses me off I have to live in the middle of the country where there is no Chinatown:mad:

Guest gfanikf
Stop talking bragging all the time that you have a Chinatown to go to! It pisses me off I have to live in the middle of the country where there is no Chinatown:mad:

Ron,

I know the pain Philly had a Chinatown just no DVDs. I'll chuck in some nice random stuff in your package to help ease the pain :).

Guest D_Davis

Plus MB has every legal right to do so just as Miramax and Tai Seng (well sometimes for the latter) did. I would love to see someone actually try and argue as company they can reverse import non US copies, now can people buy them individually from abroad from a NON US company, yes.

Of course they have a legal right, because US Copyright is outdated, and the US Copyright office is run be a self proclaimed Luddite. The laws do not take into effect how small the world is now.

So yes, MB has the law on their side, but this still does not make it ethically right to limit how we buy legit, legal media. Limiting the legit and legal choices a consumer has is never the right thing to do, except for when money comes into question. It is right for MB because they want the monopoly on the sell of these discs, but they should not be able to stop the sell of legitimate, legal products like the Celestial/IVL imports. They also turn people like me - I use to be a huge MB fan, use to promote them all the time on my Podcast and on my website - against them.

From this day forward I will no longer buy any MB product. I don't need it, it's just a DVD so it is really no big deal. But I will also use my limited resources to educate other people about not buying their products. What they have done actually hurts the HK film scene, it doesn't help it in any way, shape, or form.

Doing this also hurts small business. If fully enforced, these kinds of Copyright laws make it harder, or impossible, for stores to stalk legit, legal imports. I've seen quite a few import stores, stores that DO NOT SELL BOOTLEGS, go out of business because of these kinds of outmoded, restrictive laws and consumer harming companies that wish to enforce them.

Bootlegging is not the issue. Never was with me. The issue is the limiting of legal sells of a legal product.

Guest gfanikf
:D:D

(but you are probably just saying that to give yourself an extra week to send them out:p)

Maybe, but when I deliver, I will deliver :) :). Trust me learning the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Uniform Commercial Code and the Second Restatement of Contracts is not fun, so I'm not enjoying all the free time lol

Every place has a Chinatown. DVD spots are sometimes out in the open, but some are hidden/discreet because of fear of police/copyright hounds, I guess. Once you know the secret handshake, you're in. I've been in places where I've been led behind a curtain into a room piled to the celing with movies. Philly has some great places, from what I've been told. There's this one warehouse with all kinds of stuff...

Guest Morgoth
Maybe, but when I deliver, I will deliver :) :). Trust me learning the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Uniform Commercial Code and the Second Restatement of Contracts is not fun, so I'm not enjoying all the free time lol

Its all good. But just as long as you know I am really eager to see those movies!

Guest gfanikf
Every place has a Chinatown. DVD spots are sometimes out in the open, but some are hidden/discreet because of fear of police/copyright hounds, I guess. Once you know the secret handshake, you're in. I've been in places where I've been led behind a curtain into a room piled to the celing with movies. Philly has some great places, from what I've been told. There's this one warehouse with all kinds of stuff...

Actually that maybe Universe Video which sells boots and old VHS tapes (an ass load, which is actually cool).

Guest Morgoth

Trust me man, I have looked:(

Guest D_Davis

Oh by the way, if we really want to abide by Copyright laws, and it looks like most people do here, we should probably all delete out avatars. Using these images without the permission of the Copyright holder is against the law. It's true. The exchange of money, or lack there of, does not matter in Copyright law.

So, I think this forum should remove all links to avs.

Also, gfanikf, those images you use in your blog? Do you have the permission of the Copyright holders? If not, you should probably remove them, because, yes, it is against Copyright law.

Guest gfanikf
Oh by the way, if we really want to abide by Copyright laws, and it looks like most people do here, we should probably all delete out avatars. Using these images without the permission of the Copyright holder is against the law. It's true. The exchange of money, or lack there of, does not matter in Copyright law.

So, I think this forum should remove all links to avs.

Also, gfanikf, those images you use in your blog? Do you have the permission of the Copyright holders? If not, you should probably remove them, because, yes, it is against Copyright law.

Fair Use Law. Plus yes most of them are given to me by press companies to advertise :)

Guest gfanikf
If you really want to enforce copyright laws, please send a bank transfer to me of all your money & then go kill yourself.

lol lol lol lol lol

Guest D_Davis
Fair Use Law. Plus yes most of them are given to me by press companies to advertise :)

Actually, Fair Use Law is a very gray area, and as Nintendo has proven time and time again, it does not cover the use of copyrighted images on a website. If a company wants to press the issue, they can have them removed.

But you have permission from the press companies, then that is cool.

Although that banner for the Flashleg forums has a bunch of Shaw Brothers characters on it, and I doubt you have the permission for that.

You see, if you want to get legit, and follow the law, you need to go all the way.

Guest gfanikf
Actually, Fair Use Law is a very gray area, and as Nintendo has proven time and time again, it does not cover the use of copyrighted images on a website. If a company wants to press the issue, they can have them removed.

But you have permission from the press companies, then that is cool.

Although that banner for the Flashleg forums has a bunch of Shaw Brothers characters on it, and I doubt you have the permission for that.

You see, if you want to get legit, and follow the law, you need to go all the way.

Nope, those come from Lobby Cards, which along with trailers and other advertising material are in the public domain.

Guest Morgoth
There's one place in Philly that I'm told you can get authentic brand new IVL Shaw's for ten bucks. Never been there, tho.

Well that info might be useful to me if I lived in Philly!:mad:

If you really want to inforce copyright laws, please send a bank transfer to me of all your money & then go kill yourself.

So are you saying if I kill myself you will clear up my thousands of dollars of debt I have:p

Guest D_Davis

I would like to know, since you are so proud of what you have done, what do you get out of helping to limit the sales of legitimate and legal products to consumers?

You do realize that if someone actually wants to buy a legit copy of 5 Elemental Ninjas, tonight, right now, from HKFLIX, that they cannot? If you look at it this way, you just prevented Celestial/IVL from making a sell, and you think this is good for kung fu cinema?

Guest gfanikf
Well that info might be useful to me if I lived in Philly!:mad:

But dude you have a shitload of missile bases, that has to count for something.

Guest gfanikf
I would like to know, since you are so proud of what you have done, what do you get out of helping to limit the sales of legitimate and legal products to consumers?

You do realize that if someone actually wants to buy a legit copy of 5 Elemental Ninjas, tonight, right now, from HKFLIX, that they cannot? If you look at it this way, you just prevented Celestial/IVL from making a sell, and you think this is good for kung fu cinema?

Celestial and IVL are two different companies and not one entity. IVL has no legal right to try and make any profit from a sale outside of Hong Kong and Macau. Celestial is actually happy with this as it gives a reason for companies to purchase exclusive rights from them. Plus seriously they can just go to DDD House, buyoyo, cd wow, or yesasia.

Guest D_Davis

Ah, the Irony thickens!

On Wednesday, October 31, 2007, gfanikf posted this on his blog:

Because Ninja's Rock! Chinese Super Ninja's Available For Sale [NOT ANY MORE!]

Enjoy the awesomeness of the Ninja from Cheng Cheh and the new official UNCUT and RESTORED DVD from IVL. Remember every purchase you make allows us to get my DVDs and review them.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.542225/aid.85597/qx/details.htm

Check the link - it's for the IVL/Celestial version, a version that is no longer allowed to sold in the US because of his and MB's "triumph"

Hmmm...seems that you were quite happy with this release last month. What happened?

Oh, and right below this post, is a series YouTube videos containing footage for a Copyrighted film.

And you got permission for all of those The Burning screencaps?

Guest gfanikf
Ah, the Irony thickens!

Oh, and right below this post, is a series YouTube videos containing footage for a Copyrighted film.

Of a trailer see note above. Also I advised people of the MB disc and in my 10 Tigers Review encourage people to wait to get the MB disc and stated only to get the Celestial if they couldn't wait instead of the RS.

And you got permission for all of those The Burning screencaps?

Yep, MGM/Fox sent me the DVD for free to review and post screencaps of.

Look I refuted you on five separate points. I won, you lost. Have a nice night.

Guest D_Davis

And your subtitle:

"Remember buy Legit! Cheaper isn't always better!"

What you and MB did limited the sell of legit and legal product through HKFLIX.

Archived