Anyone remember those old Ocean Shores vhs videos???

Guest SuperChargerBoy~

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi beardyj!

Hey small world ain't it :D

like the pictures does that mean that you have these.. ( cos me want em)

BJ

falkor my bad though kaleyboy posted the pics.. sooooooo do u have these on DVD or hust posting the pics ...;)

kungfusamurai

Thanks for all those scans, falkor! So many titles I have never seen listed anywhere before.

KFS

Not as valuable as the films themselves, so I encourage fans to start collecting today!!! You can see how many movies were put out during the VHS days--most remain officially unreleased on DVD and out of print.

I hear ya. I've been lucky enough to run into a few lots of Ocean Shores for sale over the years. Although I've managed to collect "hundreds" it looks like I have "hundreds" more to find.

Although a majority of the films look to be from Hong Kong, Taiwan or Mainland China. That "Man From Hell" looks like it from Thailand. A few are from the Philippines like "Bruce and The Shaolin Bronzemen" and Killer vs Ninjas.

Oh and of course don't forget the Chinese language versions on tape as well as the laserdisc and vcd releases.

Can anyone get their hands on Transfers VHS to DVD of the old unreleased ocean shores .. i for one would be interested.

odioustrident

Older stores all over the NY area carry VHS bootlegs of these films. I have a ton of these copies and maybe 1 or 2 legitimate Ocean Shores releases. Two Crippled Heroes didn't play at all and Warriors of the Sung Dynasty had no sound. I'm disappointed to have stepped into the scene so late.

Older stores all over the NY area carry VHS bootlegs of these films. .

Yes indeed. We saw a bunch in Philly Chinatown a few summers back.

Once again quite impressive Falkor. Thanks for the valuable pics!

I concur. Nice pix G.

it will be harder finding a vhs player than the vhs heheh

i got around 20 of them when i bought the at a video store the guy told me everything is going on dvd so why buy vhs...only if he knew that a big percentage will never get a dvd release..there is simply no demand for these type of movies except for fans and collectors like us

zeus

thedirtytiger

I agree completely, I still have 2 video players and I even have a laser disc player, just last month I found a rare laser of Monkey Goes West ;)

Seeing this thread makes me glad I kept my VHS player. It's down in the basement with my old tube TV since VSH looks like complete crap on my HDTV.

Looks like I have some collecting to do!!!

Seeing all those pics I'm amazed how many titles were released by Ocean Shores on video! Toby sold me some original videos afew years ago and I bought some of the vcds from Chinatown when they sold them.

Bruce and Shaolin Bronzemen is a very wacky film. A lot of the bit players show up as goons in Filipino films as well as the later Corman/Santiago Vietnam war flicks.

ThunderScore

I think it's my favorite Bruce Le title, after CHALLENGE OF THE TIGER/GYMKATA KILLER and CLONES OF BRUCE LEE.

I agree completely, I still have 2 video players and I even have a laser disc player, just last month I found a rare laser of Monkey Goes West ;)

Hello Thedirtytiger,

I wonder the "Money Goes West" is AKA "Monkey War"? If it is so, could you transfer into DVD-R and I would like to trade it with you?

Did you see my last post on "Ra-chiniee-fin"?

Topgun

thedirtytiger

No, different film. Monkey Goes West is the last film directed by Chang Cheh. I don't have any way to transfer to DVD-R. You should speak to Vengeance Video, Toby was going to release it until DVD's became unprofitable due to bootlegs.....

Archived