The Shaolin Plot (1977)

Guest rederror

Guest rederror

Ok is there a decent version of this out on DVD? widescreen and original language? My old vhs copy is full screen and has seen better days. any help would be great. Thanks!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FarEastPirate

the best quality i have seen is the tai seng aka Rainbow audio fullscreen vhs. if you watch this on a Widescreen TV you will get more picture on both sides like 1 1/2 inch on each sides

the widescreen DVD from zoke culture is cropped to hell and ugly.

it wont be to long before joysales releases this on VCD at least

Guest kungfusamurai

Is Zoke Culture the company that put out that PAL DVD? I remember it being widescreen, but kind of blurry, like it was a 2nd generation VHS tape. There were subs, I think, but they were impossible to read.

KFS

Guest morgoth

I haven't seen this, but I saw the final fight on youtube. Cassanova's kicking is spectacular in this movie. I would like to know if the other fights are good or not.

Guest MikoHazuki

James Tien makes a lackluster hero. But, I still enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Chen Sing simply rocks in this movie.

Guest rdenn

this film is a classic..nice handwork from kam kong, excellent boot from kwon young moon and casanova wong and as usual chen sings claw...

Guest Chinatown Kid

Cassanova Wong really puts on an awesome kicking showcase in the finale. I have the Beauty DVD of this film and the pic quality is really poor, looks like it might be a possible bootleg copy. I really could use an upgrade on this film, hopefully someone will put out a remastered version soon!

Guest WalkOn

Good story and film. A different star would have brought the movie up a couple of notches. Casanova wasn't used enough, but he does steal the ending!

Rdenn, when does Kwon Young Moon even lift up his leg? I remember saying, man did they waste him, not one kick from the then scrawny looking boot master!;)

Guest rederror

I will admit its not a great film in terms of a movie but the fights speak for themselves. Casanova Wong steals the show and dishes out some amazing kicks. Personal favourite of mine.

This needs to be remastered NOW!!

Guest jmungus
James Tien makes a lackluster hero. But, I still enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Chen Sing simply rocks in this movie.

very true.

not a true classic imo. personally i cant understand why theres a big hype bout this one and at the same time ppl engage in some sort of semi-bashing of 'shaolin traitorous'.

personally i find "traitorous" to be the cooler film while the gung in "plot" is unquestionably hotter.

best thing about the "plot"-choreo: they create a pretty good illusion of everybody actually fighting against each other real hard (as opposed to fights that rather look like a ballroom dance).

rather realistic lookin, major props and a must-see movie for that matter.

worst thing about "plot": the hardcoded subtitles §#&K total @$$

good thing the story is zero % original and perfectly easy to follow

Guest mantis FIST

was there ever a remastered version put out? I have about 3 versions all from the same tape. One has english dub the other two are subbed.

CHEERS!

Guest mantis FIST

ok. I was mainly looking for a nice dvd version so I can put the eng dub over it.

Vcds are a pain as they usually have part of the 1st disc at the start of the 2nd disc. Which, for me, just causes issues.

Thanks

How is this flick? Is it as good as Iron Fisted Monk, which was made around the same time, if not a bit earlier? Chen Sing is in it am I right?

Guest mantis FIST

I've never watched it because of the really bad prints I have of it. I want to get a remastered eng dub. I was hoping it would have came out when Fox was releasing all those GH titles! But alas it never did. :eek:

Archived