Stoner

Guest Dragon Ma

Guest Dragon Ma

After seeing this end fight between Angela and whang in-sik, I seriously want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpTwYWtcTrY

It seems to go on forever, even though Angela looks like a chimney sweeper, it's still a great fight scene, shame it keeps cutting back to Lazenby (although, admittedly, he doesn't look too bad) they should've just kept the focus on Angela/Whang.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dragon Ma

I actually read this was going to have Bruce Lee and Sonny Chiba in it but Bruce died so Sonny backed out of the film and Lazenby had to carry on. Bruce Lee and Sonny Chiba, I think the world might've imploded due to the sheer awesomeness of that concept.

Dragon Ma, i never knew that. I've heard about the proposed meeting between the two stars, and when Chiba arrived in HK, Lee had just died, and he turned around and went back to Japan.

If it's true this was their project, it would have definately turned out differently. Although Bruce would have demanded certain production values be raised; the sets here were very cheap, and the movie looks shot on videocam. Lee had a very good Japanese cinematographer he liked working with.

sigh...:confused:

Guest Iron_Jinon

fight between wang in sik and angela mao is of course best scene in movie but lazonby does almost good job in whipping ass of samo:p.those who own movie keep watching his hair getting thinner and moustache disappear.story tells shampoo his hotel had caused some kind allergic reaction:eek:.budget was originally supposed to be very big but as no lee&chiba anymore producers did not want to risk it so they completed movie by 3,14$;)

Guest shukocarl

Actually Lazenby was a bad-ass in the fight scenes in OHMSS! I think he's quoted as actually having done a little training in Wado-Ryu in Australia though I might be mixing him up with someone else!:o

Guest Dragon Ma
Dragon Ma, i never knew that. I've heard about the proposed meeting between the two stars, and when Chiba arrived in HK, Lee had just died, and he turned around and went back to Japan.

If it's true this was their project, it would have definately turned out differently. Although Bruce would have demanded certain production values be raised; the sets here were very cheap, and the movie looks shot on videocam. Lee had a very good Japanese cinematographer he liked working with.

sigh...:confused:

I actually read that story on IMDB so I can't verify the validity of it (IMDB isn't exactly the bastion of accurate movie news)

Lazenby looked more like a bruiser, he clearly wasn't graceful so they amped up his size, he just hammered his way through those men. I also like the circle-cam, it was pretty cool.

Angela vs Whang was the better fight. At one point Angela kicks him in the face, looked pretty brutal.

I actually read that story on IMDB so I can't verify the validity of it (IMDB isn't exactly the bastion of accurate movie news)

Lazenby looked more like a bruiser, he clearly wasn't graceful so they amped up his size, he just hammered his way through those men. I also like the circle-cam, it was pretty cool.

Angela vs Whang was the better fight. At one point Angela kicks him in the face, looked pretty brutal.

A kick to the face... that always hurts. LOL..:D

Archived